View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 livejournal 

Post livejournal
yea.... just about all of us have em...
what's your username? you know you want the popularity of having the most "friends"

post a link or else just your name... i wanna know who you are!

i'm deadlydarkshade....
you feel like adding me to your friends list, go right ahead..... i may just add you back...

oh and if you want a code to get a lj account, let me know... i've got 8 extra...

Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:18 am
Profile WWW

h_nelson

Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:33 am
Profile WWW

Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:14 pm
Profile WWW

Last edited by demimorph on Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:39 pm

<a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/vacivus/">vacivus</a> is my username, i think i have a spooky pic of me too that i never use there

Last edited by evilgod on Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:44 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

<b><A href="http://www.livejournal.com/~twynk">twynk</A></b>, w/ a <b>y</b>.

"Adventures in Mediocracy"

Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:06 pm

Angry, cranky meanderings by one <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/blueyeddevil/">Blue Eyed Devil</a>.

Read at your own risk.

Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:20 pm

Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:58 pm
Profile YIM

What's this whole thing about online journals?

What would be the merit of such a thing.

Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Why not. You apparently aren't opposed to posting your life on gothling? LJ me = KiLLeRBiMBoZ

Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:53 pm

read 'em for a little while... mine is basiacally a way to keep in touch with long-distance friends, a place to rant, and a place to promote the band

Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:30 pm
Profile YIM

Online journals are only as interesting as the people you surround yourself with in them. Beyond that, they are as varied in meaning and purpose as the people who keep them are. Personally, I keep more friends from afar than locally, not because I hold anything against local people and won't add them, just because it's the nature of my journal. I have friends in New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Germany, Greece, and England. Along with New York, Seattle, Los Angeles, Toronto, etc. It's like having 50 pen pals all at once, what's <i>not</i> cool about that? :) Other arguments are that it's a good way to keep in touch with the people you know locally, since most journallers spend more time there than they do in other online forums. post_heroics -> which doesn't actually really mean anything.

Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:17 pm
whats the merit in having a real journal? The basic reasoning behind it is to have a journal anywhere in the world you have a internet connetion at.

Live journal gives you the ablity to have friends view what you are writing about, and post comments.

Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:35 pm

I started mine initially only as a place to conveniently host user pics for a different online forum, probably about two years ago. At the time, that was really the most appealing thing to me. Everyone hosted their avatars on lj, so it made sense. Apart from that, I thought "eh, whatever", since I still preferred the greater exposure of rambling on topical matters in a less controlled environment.

Eventually, I posted a few times and found that the journal has a way of attracting interesting people who have things in common with you, often very out of the blue. There's this level of personal interest in one another that's present there that makes it all a little more intimate in a lot of ways. All it takes is a chance and it really sort of sucks you in because everyone there gets a chance to feel like their life is somewhat important, when shrunk down to that scale.

Not to mention, if you're goth, an academic, political activist, or emo kid, fully half of your respective subculture is already on there typing away. It's funny, everytime I hear someone talk about how *goth scenes are dead*, I think, "well, if that's the case, someone sure forgot to notify all those people on livejournal". ('cause goths OWN lj :)

Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:36 pm

Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:50 pm
Profile WWW

Kyle

Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:33 am
Profile YIM

So I guess I made one because I haven't killed of my sheep tendencies completely yet, and the Apocalypse Theatre I'm listening to is affecting my head.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/nemphusi/

Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:56 am
Profile YIM WWW

comrade lenin has no live journal, so i cannot comment on it except to say that a girl I thought I was courting was giving me the runnaround, which I found out about it on her livejournal, which she pointed me to it unwittingly.

Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:09 am
Profile WWW
I have a livejournal. But it's secret.

Ive seen it. Its scary.

So when are we getting Tai food?

Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:19 am

You've seen it? Scary with sappy goodness? *hee*

Hm. Soonish. Definitely.

Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:06 am
Profile WWW

My folks put this filter on, so, like the day after I put mine up, I found it blocked.

The freaking thing has done the same thing to this board six or seven times, and I am constantly reminding it that this place is not an alcohol site. Which it blocks.

Oh well, in a day or two, if I know my filter, the livejournal will be unblocked....

Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW

i have one, but im not posting the url in public right now.

Last edited by bixlee on Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:46 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:17 pm
Profile WWW
At the suggestion of a friend, I've decided to start one of these, but the name "sparklegoth" is already taken.

Any suggestions?

Oh, and sparklebitch was taken already, too.

Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:25 pm

sparkledeath , sparkle_goth , sparkillgoth , sparklevisigoth , sprklgoth , darksidesparkle , sparkledoom , sprklgth , sprlekgaoth , candygoth , sparkleunit , gothunit

these were all open

Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:14 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

droxtoy, droxgrrl, hot4drok, or drokhumper...

;)

Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:16 pm
Profile YIM
sparkledeath , sparkle_goth , sparkillgoth , sparklevisigoth , sprklgoth , darksidesparkle , sparkledoom , sprklgth , sprlekgaoth , candygoth , sparkleunit , gothunit

these were all open

Really? I tried sparkle_goth, and it said that there was already someone with that one. I'll give it another try.

drok_vox wrote:
how about

droxtoy, droxgrrl, hot4drok, or drokhumper...

;)

Or maybe I'll go with one of these! ;p

Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:12 pm

Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:54 pm
Profile WWW

I didn't realize that journaling could be so theraputic. I've never kept a written journal because I think much faster than I write, but typing my thoughts works very well...kind of like a stream of sparklebabble that goes right from my head onto the screen.

Thanks for the name ideas, evilgod and drok_vox!

Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:59 pm

.. sparkillgoth ..

Heehee, I had the same idea!!
Or "sparklygoth", which is also available.

And there's always "therealsparklegoth". Hmm, that gives a different error, there must be a 15-char limit. "realsparklegoth" fits though, and is available.
And what better way to <i>in-your-face it</i> to the person that grabbed the first one?

--Rob "why, wherever did you get the idea that I resent having a '1' at the end of my userid?" Kemmetmueller

Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:02 pm
evilgod wrote:
.. sparkillgoth ..

Heehee, I had the same idea!!
Or "sparklygoth", which is also available.

And there's always "therealsparklegoth". Hmm, that gives a different error, there must be a 15-char limit. "realsparklegoth" fits though, and is available.
And what better way to <i>in-your-face it</i> to the person that grabbed the first one?

--Rob "why, wherever did you get the idea that I resent having a '1' at the end of my userid?" Kemmetmueller

Those are all good ideas, too, but it would cost me money at this point to change my name.

Oh, and I'm keeping my journal locked for now so I can post my true feelings about stuff without hurting anyone else's. But don't worry...if you really want to know what's going on in my head about something, just wait until I'm good and liquored up...I'll tell ya anything! ;)

Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:20 pm
OK, the lock is off. And unlike most people's journals that I've checked out so far, there won't be any dancing around issues with vague statements or code names for people...I'm gonna tell it like it is and use *gasp* real names.

And I was really happy with the huge number of diverse communities there...I didn't realize that there was so much other stuff on LJ besides a place to write down your sh*t.

Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:35 pm

Journaling is theraupeutic, and maybe it will help me become a stronger person...

maybe....

Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW

i added a couple people that i met or think i met last night or whatever.

crap. too bad my journal is boring.

Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:18 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Help! I want to post in the communities I've joined, but, because they are so diverse, I don't just want them on my friends list (I don't think my space exploration community really wants to hear about my goth life). How do I post individually to a particular community?

Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:46 pm

if you have the community on your friends list, that just makes any posts that are done to that community come up on your friends page... your posts won't show up on that community unless you specify them to...
to do that, go to update journal, fill out your entry that you want to put into the community, click on the link that says "You're looking at the simple page. For more options, click here." that is right above the update journal button... the first drop down list says "journal to post in" find the proper community and then click update journal... it'll only post into that community..

Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
if you have the community on your friends list, that just makes any posts that are done to that community come up on your friends page... your posts won't show up on that community unless you specify them to...
to do that, go to update journal, fill out your entry that you want to put into the community, click on the link that says "You're looking at the simple page. For more options, click here." that is right above the update journal button... the first drop down list says "journal to post in" find the proper community and then click update journal... it'll only post into that community..

Thanks! :)

Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:05 pm

I have an actual new community that I made to discuss my latest crazy project, otherwise known as my cookbook. Let me know if you'd like to join it as it's closed to the public.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/culinarycurves

Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:15 am
Profile WWW

Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:41 pm

do they admit assholes like you and I to those things?

Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
Assholes like GCHE, but not like you Lenin, they can't handle assholes of your level, you’re too sophisticated.

Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:25 pm

Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
Post Re: livejournal
darkshade wrote:
post a link or else just your name... i wanna know who you are!

You know me, I'm sxoidmal here, I'm sxoidmal there. Nothing more imaginative than that.

Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:02 am

do they admit assholes like you and I to those things?

If I didn't let assholes join, I wouldn't have a community. Or any friends.

Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:47 am
Profile WWW

okay. i bit and now i am pert of an OLINE COMMUNITY! lets just see how any enemies i can make over there. but be warned, it's not much to look at and there's not much there. enjoy

http://www.livejournal.com/users/allflesh/

Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:39 pm
Profile WWW

I'll make use of this and add all of you*! Wheee! I won't in the least bit be offended... etc, etc...

*save two, out of respect

Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:20 pm

http://www.livejournal.com/users/wolf0704

Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:14 pm

ok.. so I totally broke down and added my own $.02 to the whole LJ thing.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/jonnynails/

Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:28 am
Profile WWW

Post Mine is
http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml ... pathian_04

carpathian_04 for me :) but I have nothing there yet... :) Add me and maybe I'll post something... or should that be the other way around *grin*

Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:10 am
Profile ICQ YIM

http://www.livejournal.com/users/shiftyspace

Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:13 pm

http://www.livejournal.com/users/vnsplshr/

I <i>REALLY</i> don't need anything else to keep track of... but this might get useful someday.

Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:26 am
Well, after some arm twisting last night I finally broke down and started a Live journal.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/raejh/

Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:45 pm

Livejournals are handy lil dealies, I've kept one around for I dinno how long, although, I admit I rarely write in it. I started up my livejournal originally for the sake of my own mind, having found that my mind can be greatly disturbing, I found it great therapy. After awhile, my friends located me and it became not only a great way to keep in touch, but also a way to let my friends know exactly how I feel or whats going on in my life: two subjects I never really go indepth on in person.
Lately, my LJs just been a goofy spot to post stupid shiz on, or do online tests with, but every so often I stop sounding like a whiney 12 yr old and actually have something interesting to say. If anyone ever gets incredibly bored, I'm locatable.

users/bioodykisses

Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I like livejournal, but I think WAY too many people use it to blurp about emotions, not that I never do that, but I started it for writing political/philosophical rants. Lately it's been reduced to a little splab here and there about where I went and what I did, but that's due more to lack of energy than anything else.

I think it's a good interface.

Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:38 am

*moderator's note: redundant thread added here.*

Noodle Boy wrote:
This is the thread to post a link to your blog, Live Journal, or Dead Journal. Let us pry into your personal life. I dont want to be the only posting here so you'ed better follow up *shakes fist*

http://www.fallenfromthesky.blogspot.com/

laserbitch wrote:

<a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/laserbitch/">Laserbitch</a>
Pretty self-explanatory.
However, I'd like to think that anyone here who knows I have a livejournal already reads it if they feel like it.

Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:51 am

Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:46 am
Profile WWW

http://www.livejournal.com/users/shard_demon/

Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:47 pm

http://www.livejournal.com/users/fridgedicebunny/

(Shocking, isn't it?)

Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:52 am
Not too much in mine yet. I started it back before Christmas and then forgot about it until a friend kept bugging me to update it.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/malenkia/

Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:58 pm

Livejournal is a wierd and fucked up virtual space.

Convert your life into numbers, turn each scenario into a simulacrum (as if it wasn't one before), and have people you don't know watch.

...atleast, you don't have to send out mass emails, and get your exibtionist libidinal desires fulfilled.

Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next