View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71  Next
 Ask A Question, Answer A Question 

A.) Yeah, I have more than a few. PM me if you're interested.

Q.) When was your last good cry, and why did you feel it necessary to shed tears?

Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:14 am

A: After breaking up with a guy I had been dating for almost a year. It was my idea to break up. Women.......I tell ya! Hmph! Crying is a great stress reliever, like yelling. Imploding instead of exploding.

Q: When was the last time you fell on your ass in a public place?
(Being drunk and lemuring off the pedastals at the Saloon doesn't count!)

Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:55 pm

A. Went to a show a couple months ago. There is smooth, linoleum tile on the floor, and when people start spilling their drinks on it, it gets super slippery. I landed on my knees, though, not my ass, so maybe that doesn't count, either. ;) Those were some nasty bruises.

Q. What was the last thing you bought that was so weird you just had to have it?

Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:14 am

A:A big orange sticker that said "I can jump from a moving car!"
Q:Whats the stupidest thing you've ever said in public?

Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:51 pm

A) I am sure I was quite drunk when I said it and therefore have no memory of the comment. I'd put money down that it was monumentally dumb though.

Q) Do you own a gun?

Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:33 pm
Profile WWW

Q: Do you?

Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:40 pm

Q: Have you killed your own food?

Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:52 pm

B: is it rude to get off and then push the guy out the door at 5 AM when you are sick and just want him to leave so you can throw up in peace?

Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:45 pm

Q) Why have sex when you're sick?

Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:07 pm

a) I assume you mean physically ill and not mentally or morally or what have you. I love to have sex when I am sick, it's one of the few things that will take my mind off illness. That said, there are times when I'm too sick to fuck.

q) Do you think speeding is more fun because it is illegal?

Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:11 am
Profile WWW

Q: Does anyone know if all the good Goth clubs in New Orleans were destroyed in the hurricane/flood/civil disorder?

Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:01 am

A: I'm sure they'd rise again if they were....

Q: What's the most repeated question after 101 pages of this thread?

Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:15 pm

A: "Why/Who/When will you be going/leaving/protesting for the [unnamed] concert/event/ fetish show/nightclub?"

Or

"Why am I so damned sexy?"

Q: How did it work out that the night GZ holds a Thursday night that I really would like to go to I have a severe throat infection, no money from visiting a doctor to treat said throat infection, and I need to help clear four large fallen trees from my parents yard due to last nights big storm?

Or-

Could PM me the details of the event at Ground Zero tonight? I really would like to go but only have a dollar on me, and severe lyaryngytist.

(The last two days have been very fun for me to say the least...)

Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:09 pm

A: What? hope you're feeling better soon, anyway.
(Previous question: The two goth clubs I saw in NOLA were both in the French Quarter, which is some of the highest ground in the city. They're probably not washed away.)

Q: Do you feel selfconscious calling yourself an artist?

Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:48 am
Profile WWW

a) No, but I never do except in promotional material and promotion gets what promotion wants and that's the end of it.

q) Do you like where you live?

Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:53 pm
Profile WWW

A: Sometimes I really do, but I miss Minneapolis so much. :(

Q: Do you like your car?

Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:49 am

A: No, not really. The big hole in the roof that my father fixed with bondo puts damper on my enthusiasim. I'll be really glad if it lasts through the winter so I can buy a new car next spring.

Q: Anyone else have to cut down/cut up trees today in the last few days?

Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:58 pm

A) Strangely enough, we're about the only people in the neighborhood who DIDN'T lose a tree, and we have more of them in our yard than anyone else on the block. No joke.

Q) Who else has seen "Corpse Bride"?

Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:23 pm

Q. When tweedles battle tweedles with their paddles in a puddle and the puddle's in a bottle and the bottle's on a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles, what's that called?

I just HAD to answer this question,

A tweedle beetle battle!

A) Who cares!

Q) What form of punishment should Bush get for his crimes?

Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW

A. Put that bitch right in the middle of the action!

Q. Beer or hard liquor?

Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:03 pm

q) What makes you doubt yourself?

Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:50 pm
Profile WWW

Q.) Why the hell does everyone on this board suck? Every other goddamn message board on the internets has new threads by the dozen on a daily basis. Meanwhile, the people registered to this board can't seem to come up with new topics to discuss to save their own friggin' lives, and just keep posting to the same old threads over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Is everyone here fucking retarded, or what?!

Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:44 am

Q: whats you're favrit coler?

Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:49 am

Q: whats you're favrit coler?

Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:25 pm
Profile WWW

I just have to be different.

No it's red actually.

Q: What are your favorite kind of shoes?

Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:15 am

Q: Why is GCHE such a hater? (And yes, I'm retarded.....but they told me that someday I can drive the short bus all by myself.)

Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:00 am

A: The kind that GCHE hates.

Q: Why is GCHE such a hater? (And yes, I'm retarded.....but they told me that someday I can drive the short bus all by myself.)

A: He inherited the "pissy" gene from someone in his family.

GodCoversHisEyes wrote:
Q.) Why the hell does everyone on this board suck? Every other goddamn message board on the internets has new threads by the dozen on a daily basis. Meanwhile, the people registered to this board can't seem to come up with new topics to discuss to save their own friggin' lives, and just keep posting to the same old threads over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Is everyone here fucking retarded, or what?!

They're saving their original content for their LiveJournals. Your Bulletin Board format is no longer hip, or even goth. Suck it up and deal with it.

Q: Has Tim Burton lost his edge?

Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:21 am

A: No, but maybe some ambition. Corpse Bride was way too damn short and underdeveloped. It still looked damn good, though.

Q: Are you in debt? If so, how are you dealing with it?

Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:47 am

A: Oh, God, yes. Denial and playing the lottery (another form of denial, I know).

And speaking of denial:
Q: What do you wish that you had never found out about a family member?

Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:44 pm
A: I wish I hadn't found out that my boyfriend was my cousin.
(That was a disturbing Easter dinner...)

Q: What do you wish you had never found out about a boyfriend/girlfriend?

Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:34 pm

A) That they cheated on me repeatedly while we were together, and left me for someone else...

Q) Same question

Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:31 am

Q: What do you wish you had never found out about a[n] [ex-]boyfriend/girlfriend?

A: Philosophically, this is kind of a Shroediger's Cat question -- I can't imagine wishing that I hadn't found out about a serious problem, unless not finding out meant it hadn't happened. Assuming that the question is one of awareness rather than phenomenon, the obvious answer would be -- name, phone number, probable interest.

Q: What's the last apology you felt you deserved and didn't get?

Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:53 pm
Profile WWW

A.> I'm sorry, I was completely and totally wrong about you. I'm sorry I slandered you and will do my utmost to repair the damage I have caused to you and others in ways I can't even begin to fathom because I am a fucking moron.

B.> Today I decided to not buy a motorcycle, but wait a little longer for prices to drop and income to increase. Was this wise?

Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:19 pm
Profile WWW

A) considering we have a short time before the weather gets too cold to ride a motorcycle, soon followed by the ice and snow, I would say waiting was a wise choice.

Q) When is the last time you overslept? how bad did you oversleep?

Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:23 pm
Profile WWW

a) Three weeks ago, I was two hours late for work.

q) Which family member or friend do you most wish you could "patch things up with"?

Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:14 pm
Profile WWW

A: Wasim, a Bangladeshi former roommate. He stopped talking to me because I didn't come to his wedding in Dhaka. I was still in college, and $1500 for a plane ticket seemed steep.

Q: same question.

Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:42 pm

A: Oooh, that's easy. My friend Brandi. Long story, but I know she wouldn't be as mad at me if she knew the whole truth. I know if I call her she will hang up. Maybe I should email her. :(

Q: Have you ever come close to dying?

Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:45 pm

A) Yep. Right lung blew out a little over a year ago. I was hospitalized for 2 weeks and underwent a 5 hour surgery. It was the badness. I can usually tough off most injuries, but that one kicked my ass. Alot.

Q) same same

Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:22 pm

The problem, man, is that we are of a subculture grounded twenty years in the past. New things hold no interest for us, and only lead to certain members harranging others for trying to move into the future, or becoming a crappy poseur, and as such, this discourages others from posting things on new topics. The idea that 'cool' is somehow bound to the past is both ridiculous and limiting. The reason this board is faltering right now is because we're stuck in the past. Only movement can save us now.

So, who wants to throw the first stone this time?

Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW

a) The first stone: We are turning people into cattle and cattle into food. They are turning the things we loved in to the things we need to use. Revolution has become a been there done that sort of sensation, "oh yeah, isn't it great that the kids are doing their revolution period, it's so much like when we were young". But at the same time the kids get so in debt by college (either in debt to standard financial institutions or to parents, both end up with the same results) they have to buy into the system in order to pay off the debt and once they have paid it off they are out of that debt they have incurred so much other debt (cars, houses, kids, etc) that they are lost in the system, never going to get out now, trapped in unhappy loser jobs and the revolution period becomes just more fucking nostalgia that can be capitalized on by the media "powers that be". Wow, "The Surreal Life" isn't it funny or "Yeah, I love the soundtrack to fucking Donnie Darko - it reminds me of my angst period". We are eating our own shit and shitting out our shit's shit. This is the result, modern culture, ain't it great? Any loser on the internet can speak his/her mind and you can get a group of 2-10 to at least skim over it. Wow, this is what fame is like in a shoebox. Hurray, we've finally got it. Hurray we can all be saved because we have the drama of a shoebox to use to help us forget about the existential angst that seeps in every crack. "What are you listening to right now?" "Who's going to (fill in the name of whatever wonderful event is coming up, it'll be great, there will be a band and an audience and the audience will watch the band on stage and the band will advertise their next awesome event and, more likely than not, a whole lot of beer will be drunk and, if we're really lucky, someone will get laid or at least imagine getting laid by that sexy other they've been watching all night)?" "Goth or Not where goth=some made up bullshit and not-goth=equally made up bullshit" ad nauseum is just a symptom of something much bigger that requires some sort of fundimental change. In spite of all of this, optimism in the future exists, I have my hopes and I am sure that anyone who has bothered to read and attempt to understand (I know, it's work, sorry about that) does too. So let's do something about it, you can post anything at all on this site.

Q) If this next post was the last you'd ever make what would you want to say?

Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:52 am
Profile WWW

A. Wow. We have the same first name. Also it's been great meeting you all, and we should do this again sometime, it hard to imagine what the past three years has done to me, and it's even harder to imagine what it must have done to all of you.

Q. will there ever be actual answers to important questions? Or are important questions crafted in such a way that they cannot be answered, and that any attempt to answer one merely exemplifies the fact that we are flawwed being, who will never fully understand their surroundings?

Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:01 am
Profile YIM WWW

What's the meaning of life? No really....

Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW

A: That life is an experience, not mere existence. When you stop trying to experience the new, interesting, passionate, etc, is the moment your soul dies. (I've known people who have been dead for years). Does music still move you, do people still attract you, does food still taste good, do you still see beauty in the everyday or the singular events? If so, you are alive. It is the experiencing which is meaning. Keep moving, don't dwell in the past, do not just look for activity without meaning or petty distractions, keep looking for new things to do, travel whenever and where ever possible, stop saying you are "bored." Live, goddammit.

Q: Same.

Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:12 am
Profile WWW

A: There's no meaning. Life is a lucky accident, and it doesn't last very long. The only meaning we can give it is enjoying it while we've got it, and hopefully leaving something of ourselves behind to continue on after us ("One thing I know that does not die: the fame of the deeds of the dead," and all that.)

Oh, and taking care of our dogs. ;)

Q: Why do people spend so much time worrying about the meaning of their lives instead of just doing their best to make their lives meaningful?

Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:32 am
Profile WWW

A: Perhaps they're just the type of people that worry about everything.

Q: What's the best city to visit in Canada for a non-camping/fishing type vacation?

Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:54 am

A: Haven't seen them all. Toronto beat the hell out of Winnepeg, though. Calgary has great skiing, I hear, and I still hope to see Vancouver and Quebec. I guess it depends on what you want in a vacation.

Q: Why didn't any of the "we hate EBM" side of the force show up at the Revolver Modéle CD release event last night? Smoking was allowed (way too much for me, by the end) and it was cheep and live and sounded great. Compliments to Mzmel for bringing them to my attention.

Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:53 pm
Profile WWW

A: Because I only had time and money to do one thing last night. And that was to dance and drink at GZ. We all have many interests we just can not do them or follow them closely all at once.

Q: Out of your many varied and oh-so interesting hobbies, which one have you been neglecting lately out of a lack of resources? (time, money, faith, sanity, etc...)

Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:37 pm

A: Because I only had time and money to do one thing last night. And that was to dance and drink at GZ. We all have many interests we just can not do them or follow them closely all at once.

Q: Out of your many varied and oh-so interesting hobbies, which one have you been neglecting lately out of a lack of resources? (time, money, faith, sanity, etc...)

A) Going to live music. ANY live music.

Q) Same question

Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:42 am

A: I have to say live music, too! Music is my religion. I don't live in a big city anymore and there aren't a whole lot of great shows worthy of my time here. I can drive to Seattle in 90 minutes for any number of awesome things, but I don't have time for that! Grrrrr!

Q: What was/ is your favorite job? Why?

Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:36 pm
A: I worked at a Toy Store in HighSchool. (Not the one with the backwards letter either!) Do I even need to tell you why?

Q: If things come in threes, HOW MUCH FUCKING MORE CAN I TAKE?

-MetalRose

Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:09 pm

Q) What is the number that bothers you the most?

Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:57 pm

Q: Why didn't any of the "we hate EBM" side of the force show up at the Revolver Modéle CD release event last night? Smoking was allowed (way too much for me, by the end) and it was cheep and live and sounded great. Compliments to Mzmel for bringing them to my attention.

Because I live in Kansas. Duh.

Also, I hate three. It's a very sinister and tricky number, and it's out to get me. I wish I honestly believed that.

So David Bowies' Heathen? Good album? Bad album? Why? I personally didn't really start liking it till recently. Also, is Tin Machine worth grabbing?

Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:50 am
Profile YIM WWW

"Heathen" is a pretty good album, the Pixies cover is fantastic. Tin Machine is for the completist.

What qualities make good artistic collaborations happen?

Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:15 am
Profile WWW

Q: If you had one more day to live, what would you do?

Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:50 am
Profile WWW

A: Hmmm. Make *everyone I know naughty kiss me. Feel the love.....

Q: How much would you be willing to pay for sex?

*yes, everyone

Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:44 pm

Q: Whats the most you have ever payed for sex? Or, what was your most expensive date?

Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:00 am

A: Took a guy to Oceanaire for his birthday. $210, including tip. But hey, at least the food was good. har.

Q: What makes you gag?

Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:38 am

Q: What did you fear most as a child?

Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:23 pm

A: I had this weird wall paper that had little frogs and mushrooms in my bedroom when I was very young. I had a nightmare that the frogs turned into weird Muppet-like creatures and came to life, and started dancing at the foot of my bed. It scared me so bad that I couldn't sleep until I ripped the wall paper off. I was three, and we moved from the house not long after then.

Q: What irrational fears do you still carry with you today?

Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:45 pm
A: Surgeries and Escalators. Yes, those fucking moving stairs scare the shit out of me.

Q: Are you laughing at the fact I'm scared of escalators?

-MetalRose

Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 4239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71  Next