View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ] 
 the shiny happy thread where we all hold hands 

Post the shiny happy thread where we all hold hands
hi, I'm drok, and playing bass makes me happy. I like guinness, baseball, and the spanish minor mode.

will you be my friend?

Tue May 24, 2005 2:46 am
Profile YIM
Hi, I'm Tek, and playing bass makes me happy, too. I like Bass Pale Ale and hockey and things that don't suck. Except when they suck in a good way.

I'll only be your friend if you suck in a good way.

Tue May 24, 2005 2:57 am

Sorry, but I don't suck: I lick and nibble! HA!

Hi I'm lenin, I like producing records now. More than I like playing the guitar, the drums, or singing my awful songs. I like: rock and roll --all varieties of it, from the thirties through the millennium; offensive humor; schtooping liberal women (why do you think that James Carvil and Mary Madaline have stayed together so long: you can just bet that -- although the cartoon bubble is disturbing -- you know they have great sex together!); and many other things too numerous to lay out here.

Read my signature; then you'll knlw more about me...

Tue May 24, 2005 3:27 am
Profile WWW

Hi, I'm devil. I'm mean, cranky, bitter and generally unpleasant. Now piss off.

(sorry, I can't even seem to fake it.)

Tue May 24, 2005 11:17 am
Hi, I'm devil. I'm mean, cranky, bitter and generally unpleasant. Now piss off.

(sorry, I can't even seem to fake it.)

Ya know, if you really wanted to be mean, you'd piss ON.

Oh wait. No. Maybe not. I guess some people are into that sort of thing...

Tue May 24, 2005 11:20 am
Hi! I'm Nic =) and I like Budwieser, rockin' out (yeah!) and Mystery Science Theater 3000 :P
Is that shiny/happy enough?

Tue May 24, 2005 12:41 pm

Hi. My name is Ujika and I tell lots of funny jokes, even when its completely unappropriate. I'm graduateing high school in one more day and going into the Navy July 5th. I also know numerous 'seaman' jokes.

Tue May 24, 2005 1:00 pm

I'm Zaharia. I like to read philosophy, sci-fi and medical journals. I enjoy seafood, game birds, cake, wine and Guinness. I love baking for boys. I also enjoy sex, death disco dancing and powernoise.

I am glad to be friends with all of you!

Tue May 24, 2005 2:11 pm

I'm Simon and i really like bourbon, Dallas (the TV show), screaming, kilts, and making a complete @ss out of myself. I also like ribs, seafood, motorcycles, and beating my cats.

Tue May 24, 2005 2:12 pm

I enjoy EBM, IDM, powernoise, synthpop, futurepop, industrial, Andy-music, electro, electropunk, bossa nova, the BBC, proper grammar, dancing, men in suits, fast cars, baby animals, stompy boots, and many other things. And not necessarily in that order.

I'm happy to be here.

Tue May 24, 2005 2:21 pm

alisgray is evidently a tin wind-up toy to which you do not have the key.

Tue May 24, 2005 2:23 pm
Profile WWW

Post there goes the neighborhood
apoctodd: cinema, words, rockandfuckingroll, trash film, art film, reptiles, anti-scenester, ex-boyfriend, filmmaker, epicurian of all things dark and hateful, bad grammar, scene police, fashionista, red wine, good scotch, natural psychotropes and you.

Shuffle, rinse, repeat until desired results are achieved.

Tue May 24, 2005 8:24 pm
Profile WWW

Hi I am LeXi and I like making your drinks at HM's and drinking anything with alcohol, and "disco" music(EBM, future pop, Industrial) and everyone is my friend (well everyone is friends with the bartender!) so yes you can be my friend too when you come to my bar and visit me...
oh and Foamy is my lord and master.

Tue May 24, 2005 10:12 pm
Profile WWW

Hi, I'm Adam. I'm like your neighbor down the hall in your apartment building. You've seen me around doing things at various places but have never seemed to have an actual conversation with.

I like Music, dancing the night away, dark literature, obsesively detailed computer games, hip clothing that fits well, distressed cordory blazers over t-shirts, hating the screen name I chose on a minutes consideration, working out to exhaustion, and triathlons.

Wed May 25, 2005 2:15 am

what kind of dark literatue, and why doesn't the Saloon have Guinness?

Wed May 25, 2005 4:01 am
Profile YIM

Hi! I'm Nic =) and I like Budwieser, rockin' out (yeah!) and Mystery Science Theater 3000 :P

what are your thoughts on manos, hands of fate?

Wed May 25, 2005 4:13 am
Profile YIM

Hello, I am Michael and i have really bad grammer and spelling... i like to get drunk and help others get drunk(this only happens when i myself am drunk)... drunk people are fun. some people say i'm tall. I like to eat. i like techno type music and buying weapons... oh and i like to say odd huh

Wed May 25, 2005 10:18 am

Last edited by AccountSuspended on Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 25, 2005 12:45 pm
MSRP wrote:

what are your thoughts on manos, hands of fate?

That "Manos" is way better than watching "Alone in The Dark" DEEP HURTING!!!!

Wed May 25, 2005 1:57 pm
Hi, I'm Frost. I like bullet lists. A few of the things that make me happy are:
  • Star Wars
  • Guinness
  • Camping
  • Airplanes
  • Jesus
  • Irish Pubs
  • Karaoke
  • Making music with drok_vox
  • BS-ing with GodCoversHisEyes
  • Bonfires with Simon
  • Movies, beer, and ice cream with Ethel
  • Disc golf with JeffAlso
  • Obscure movies with alisgray
  • More obscure movies with lokey
  • Did I mention Guinness?

Wed May 25, 2005 2:44 pm

why doesn't the Saloon have Guinness?

Actually that is a good question and I will start an online poll to see if we can convince the management to get it. At least that or Newcastle...

Wed May 25, 2005 8:15 pm
Profile WWW
Why not both? I love Newcastle. It's my fave, after Bass. But I wouldn't want to deprive the Guinness drinkers of their love affair with their fermented mud... er... I mean... tasty beverage. :)

Wed May 25, 2005 10:24 pm

Hi I'm Shari. I like playing bass and going to concerts. I love driving and playing loud music in my car( not so others can hear it, but to drown out the crap they play that I don't wanna hear). I sing while I drive if I'm alone in the car.

Foamy is also my Lord and Master.

Thu May 26, 2005 2:11 am

Hi! I'm Manna! I like reptiles, art, big, black stompy boots, food and Drok_Vox (because he makes really good food). I have two kitties, a common boa and I'm in love with New York City! I'm not really happy, but I'm mostly shiny!

Fri May 27, 2005 10:30 pm
Profile WWW

what kind of dark literatue, and why doesn't the Saloon have Guinness?

Right now I'm working on The Inferno by Dante Alighery. A difficult read from the visualizations to the translation from middle ages Italian (or was it written in Latin?). Maybe the darkest thing I've ever read. Makes you think of where you would end up in heaven or hell. Or would you end up with the rest of the rightous heathens in Purgatory. Well worth the eleven bucks I paid.

Not really into modern horror. Seems to be more about gross out than the grotesque.

I dont know why the Salon doesn't have Guinness. Assumption indicates its a Profit-Cost times Demand divided by Days situation. Profit per bottle sold minus cost of purchase multiplied by demand over every single day.

Sat May 28, 2005 12:44 am

Dante considered himself to be speaking Latin. not "Church" latin, mind you, but Latin. Scholars call it Italian (they have some scholarly prefixes for it which I've long forgotten). Because "Italy" as a concept was still pretty vaguely defined, I don't know if you can call it Italian. I would call it medieval Venitian.

Check out Pete Straub. And Wayne Allen Sallee. Good writers, and great guys. (they both encouraged the hell out of me when I was in Chicago)

Sat May 28, 2005 12:52 am
Profile YIM

Sat May 28, 2005 12:57 am
Profile WWW

My copy of Dante's Inferno has footnotes about translation, pronunciation and metaphor. It's extremely helpful.

Sat May 28, 2005 12:58 am
Profile WWW

I'm redghost, I'm a mean bitch, I like jag and getting into bar fights with jocks. That makes me happy :)

Sat May 28, 2005 2:46 am
Profile YIM WWW

hi, im laurla. today i have the mentality of a two year old, so me and the dog are getting along great.

Sat May 28, 2005 9:57 am

Hi I'm Shari. I like playing bass and going to concerts. I love driving and playing loud music in my car( not so others can hear it, but to drown out the crap they play that I don't wanna hear). I sing while I drive if I'm alone in the car.

what kind of music do you like to play? (that goes for teklila, too...)

Sun May 29, 2005 5:55 pm
Profile YIM
I'm a beginner. But my goal is to make Les Claypool look like a rank amateur. I never use a pick... I'm a huge slap freak. And my dumb ass went out and bought a Spector NS2000. Black. Neck-thru. Gorgeous. I absolutely can not justify owning such a nice bass, so I've got to work hard to get really good at it, so I don't feel like such a stupid shit. I couldn't help it though. When I was looking through the bass store, that one felt like it grew in my hands, and I just had to have it.

Sun May 29, 2005 6:10 pm

When I was looking through the bass store, that one felt like it grew in my hands, and I just had to have it.

I know exactly what you mean ;D that's a great feeling, when you pick up an instrument and it feels immediately like you've owned it for years...

Sun May 29, 2005 6:18 pm
Profile YIM
Post hurro!
my name is MissE!

I love

~bandwagons
~selling sex toys
~watching david gahan dance cuz he's silly
~mind altering substances
~spinach dip
~boobs
~ambrosia perfume solid
~champagne

Won't you come out and play with me...

Sun May 29, 2005 6:25 pm
I absolutely can not justify owning such a nice bass.

Well,Hey if it will make you feel better I'll trade you my $150 Yamaha bass for it. ; )

Sun May 29, 2005 6:47 pm

Ok, just so I don't hafta sing around the campfire. . . .

I'm Bruce -

I like:

· Dark futures.
· Dark music.
· Dark beer.
· Dark clothing.
· Good food.
· Badass goth wimmens.
· Smooth vodka.
· "Skuldurid", my little Harley.
· Shakespeare is my favorite comic writer.
· I don’t play Bass, but would love to learn.
· I’m an unrepentant do-gooder.

And I value my friends and acquaintances in this scene above all the people I have ever met in my life. And I've been around, ok. Despite occasional 'drama' outbreaks, you guys are, pound-for-pound, the finest, most creative and interesting human beings I've ever met. And that's the whole truth.

Sun May 29, 2005 7:49 pm

oh, and RedGhost getting into fights with jocks and preppies makes me happy too!

Sun May 29, 2005 7:51 pm

hello. I'm Laura. I live in Dallas and I like cherry tomatoes, parrots, Alice Cooper, boys, clothes, and make-up. I really love playing my guitar and singing, which I am awful at. On any given afternoon (that I'm not at work), I can be found happily butchering Simon and Garfunkel songs for hours. When I was a kid I wanted to be Princess Leia; she had badass hair and got to shoot stormtroopers and make out with Han Solo, who, as every nerdy little girl knows, is the perfect man.

I like Guinness too, but Shiner is delicious as well, and cheaper.

Sun May 29, 2005 10:21 pm
Profile WWW
Teklila wrote:
I absolutely can not justify owning such a nice bass.

Well,Hey if it will make you feel better I'll trade you my $150 Yamaha bass for it. ; )

While I TRULY appreciate the offer, and the kindheartedness and pity behind it, I really can't make you go that out of your way, or go to so much trouble for me. I'm touched, though. Really. ;)

Mon May 30, 2005 1:33 am

Darla wrote:

what kind of music do you like to play? (that goes for teklila, too...)

I play all kinds of stuff: Green Day, Slipknot, CCR, Ozzy, Beatles, NOFX, Rancid.
A lot of punk I guess.
I have to play with a pick. I love my pick. I've tried the fingers thing, and I think I have some kind of finger dysfunction. I just can't do it. My kid is learning. He likes to use just his fingers. The little booger tries to out-do me at everything, but I will always be better at Crazy Taxi! Muwahahahah!

Mon May 30, 2005 2:49 am

I play mostly fingered, but have to learn to use a pick (well) for playing with VEIN.

what about the writers on this board?

Mon May 30, 2005 2:17 pm
Profile YIM
I write sci-fi. And smut. But never at the same time. ;)

Mon May 30, 2005 4:11 pm

too bad. there's a big demand for sci-smut ;)

Mon May 30, 2005 4:14 pm
Profile YIM
I take my sci-fi way too seriously for that. hehe

Mon May 30, 2005 4:16 pm

Post writers
What about writers?

Mon May 30, 2005 8:59 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: writers
apoctodd wrote:
What about writers?

what do you write?

Tue May 31, 2005 12:59 am
Profile YIM

My real name is David C. Warren. My friends know me as DC.

I just turned eighteen. I used to be smart, but now I waste my mind on comic books, and smut.

I tried smoking some cigars recently and realized it's going to take a lot of practice. I've never liked challenges but I'll see what I can do.

I love David Byrne (Talking Heads era mostly), David Bowie, Gary Numan, Alice Cooper, Beck, Saul Williams, Clutch and the Pixies.

I like Siouxsie Sioux, Bauhaus, and the Sisters of Mercy.

I don't like the Cure.

I sometimes enjoy punk music.

I love playing the guitar, but I'm still learning. Someday I want to be a rock and roll vocalist, and write songs.

Of course, I also want to write comic books.

And make movies.

My favorite philosopher is Henry David Thorough.

My favorite poet is Saul Williams.

I hate Nietzche.

Don't judge me by my posts in the Philosophy or Politics section.

Judge me entirely based on my looks.

Tue May 31, 2005 3:45 am
Profile YIM WWW

strangely, Fred Nietzche never had much good to say about you, either. likely he was jealous of your good looks.

Tue May 31, 2005 7:53 am
Profile WWW

Post writing
FORM: Fiction, Creative Non-fiction, Poetry, Screenplay
GENRE: Dark Fantasy, Horror, Science Fiction, Film Criticism, Neo-Noir, "Literature"
INFLUENCES: Ligotti, Barker, Lovecraft, Oates, Borges, Marquez, Dick, Machen, Ballard, Delaney, Wells, Bradbury, Lee, Kubrick, O' Bannon, Carpenter, Campion, Romero, Argento, Fulci, Craven, Lynch, Coen, Cronenberg, etc.
MOST RECENT WORKS: "Aesir", "Morphopolis", "the other ten", "the silk treachery" and "beacon", a review or two here and there.

Strangely, Mr. Nitzche had very little to say about me either. He didn't get out much, though.

Tue May 31, 2005 8:27 am
Profile WWW

Nietzsche and I go waaaaaaaaaaaay back...

Tue May 31, 2005 10:46 am

I just like the fact that Nietzsche had such horrible things to say about the Germans, considering they managed to forget all about that several decades later.
However, Nietzsche did send perverse notes about his intentions towards me, with lewd descriptions of my "perfect apple bottom." That man had some issues, but at least I was on the "People I like" list for him.

Tue May 31, 2005 7:00 pm
Profile WWW

Socrates
Fyodor Dostoevsky
Zarathustra
Baruch Spinoza
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Richard Wagner
Immanuel Kant
Arthur Schopenhauer
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Homer
Jesus
William Shakespeare
Sophocles
Apollo
Dionysus
Martin Luther
Thucydides
Charles Darwin

People Nietzsche hated:

Socrates
Plato
St. Paul
Richard Wagner
Immanuel Kant
Arthur Schopenhauer
Rene Descartes
Martin Luther
Euripides
GWF Hegel
Charles Darwin
God

Tue May 31, 2005 7:44 pm

People Nietzsche hated:

Socrates
Plato
St. Paul
Richard Wagner
Immanuel Kant
Arthur Schopenhauer
Rene Descartes
Martin Luther
Euripides
GWF Hegel
Charles Darwin
God

He also hated women to a great degree. His views about women were strangly similar to Freuds in many ways. Hmm, I wonder if there was any influence considering Freud would have at least heard of this controversal man named Nietzche.

I know very little about this, just speculating. But I did enjoy Beyond Good and Evil, and I have unfinished copies of Human, All Too Human and the Genology of Morality on my book shelve.

Also, he hated England and the English with a passion in his writting.

Tue May 31, 2005 8:10 pm

He was raised by women. There were no men around. That would drive anyone insane. So cut him some slack.

Tue May 31, 2005 8:33 pm

People Nietzsche liked:

Socrates
Fyodor Dostoevsky
Zarathustra
Baruch Spinoza
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Richard Wagner
Immanuel Kant
Arthur Schopenhauer
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Homer
Jesus
William Shakespeare
Sophocles
Apollo
Dionysus
Martin Luther
Thucydides
Charles Darwin

People Nietzsche hated:

Socrates
Plato
St. Paul
Richard Wagner
Immanuel Kant
Arthur Schopenhauer
Rene Descartes
Martin Luther
Euripides
GWF Hegel
Charles Darwin
God

I always liked Nietzsche when he was older. He had gotten past his sycophantic ways, and truly realized what an utter waste people like Wagner were. The insults he said about Wagner were brilliant.
And people should hate Plato, as a rule, really.

Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:53 am
Profile WWW

strangely, Fred Nietzche never had much good to say about you, either. likely he was jealous of your good looks.

You know, I was researching a bit of Nietzche, to reclarify why I don't like him, and I think it has a lot to do with his stance on nihilism.

I think a lot of people look at nihilism as sheer destruction. However, I believe Nihilism may also open up many great doors to creation.

Think about it. If life is completely without meaning, we are then free to create any meaning for it that we want. We are then in control of our own significance.

It seemed like a good idea at the time, anyway.

Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:37 am
Profile YIM WWW

I think a lot of people look at nihilism as sheer destruction. However, I believe Nihilism may also open up many great doors to creation.

Think about it. If life is completely without meaning, we are then free to create any meaning for it that we want. We are then in control of our own significance.

It seemed like a good idea at the time, anyway.

I am such a Nihilist it's not funny. I even made myself a t-shirt that just says, "NIHILIST" accross the chest. You're right. A lot of people veiw it completely wrong. I think it's because they don't understand it at all. Most people aren't even sure what it means. They just have a vauge idea that it's something bad. Nihilists all want to destroy just like all punkers are Nazi skinheads.......right.

Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:59 am
I'm OneikaX. I like white russians (duh..the drink), dancing (I go crazy on the dance floor after a few drinks), going for walks late at night (graveyards are fun to walk through too), playing video games with lots of blood (it's a good stress reliever), and I cry everytime I hear Kraftwerk live (in person or other). I love to Sleep.

Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:21 pm

Hi! I'm Rachel, and I like lotsa stuff. I love music of all genres; here are a few examples: System of a Down, Brian Setzer, Rachmoninoff, Chopin, Mozart, Prodigy, The Ramones, Mars Volta, The Beatles, The Doors, Janis Joplin, ATB, Rammstein, NIN, Tool, APC, Radiohead, Mudvayne, etc...

I also love Johnen Vasquez. Sunsets and cloudless summer nights, camping and camp/bonfires make me incredibly happy. I also love Alcohol (vodka Redbulls are my "Go-Juice!"). dancing, and singing; I am the Karaoke Queen...though my singing ability is incredibly comprimised by alcohol consumption.

I love my dog Sassy and my cat Nermal, and spending time with my boyfriend's 4 year old son. I love seeing my friends happy, and I enjoy meeting new people (though like my singing, this is contingent upon how much alcohol I've consumed).

...and you thought my name was overly saccarine...

Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:15 am

it's time to resurrect this thread, I think.

I'm drok. In addition to many food items which have already been mentioned, I also like breasts, GCHE, Beer, Guinness, guitars with small necks and women with thick skin.

I like zom-zom, he plays in the coolest band I've heard in the TC, at least since Claire de Lune went all emo. I like VEIN alot too, personally and music wise.

I miss Lenin.

Tue May 15, 2007 12:35 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]