View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Goth Clubs this Weekend? 
Post Goth Clubs this Weekend?
Greetings, all. My wife and I are visiting the Twin Cities this weekend for some much needed rest and relaxation. Am I correct in assuming that Ground Zero is THE location for Goth/Industrial music and dancing on both Friday and Saturday nights? I checked out the clubs link and want to make sure there aren't any special events or calendar changes.

We appreciate the info. Can't wait to get out and hit the dance floor with the locals.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:40 pm

Ground Zero is the ONLY location on weekends. Haven't been to a friday for a while, but last time I was there it was a mix of futurepop/industrial and a bit of goth music. No bondage or stageshows. Just people drinking and dancing.

Saturday is Bondage a Go-Go. Light bondage is done upstairs by Mistress Jean. You can get in for free if you email djpanic@mac.com with the subject Phaserpunk Guestlist and put your names in the email. You must get there by 10:30pm to get in for free. Tell the person at the door your on the Phaserpunk Guestlist. Email him sometime on saturday - before 5pm.

Music on saturday is usually futurepop.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:53 pm

^ pretty much what Theeris said, except I'd categorize the music genres differently.

(Also note that if you're already in town and want to go out tonight also, Thursdays are the original Bondage-a-Go-Go nights @GZ).

Fridays are "Corrosion" and usually have a pretty light turnout, but if you like stompy industrial and noise with lots of dancefloor space to go wild on, you'll totally dig this. Sets of techno/psytrance will be interspersed, but Fridays are predominantly industrial music.

Saturdays are "Revolt" (aka "Bondage-a-Go-Go <i>Lite</i>"), and the music runs the gamut from synthpop to noise, with EBM and industrial and goth and everything in between. You'll hear VNV and A23 in between Iris and Fiendflug and Siouxsie. And it wouldn't be a Saturday without at least one Marilyn Manson song, and George Michael >8-P. For whatever reason, Saturdays draw a consistently large crowd; get there early if you wanna "dance big" without tourists getting in the way.

As for better, gothier, industrialler options on a Thurs-Fri-Sat: there aren't any. So in spite of all the GZ hatin' you may see or hear, nobody's come up with anything better. Unless you count "staying home and pouting", <i>that's</i> pretty gawth.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:38 pm
Thanks for the info! We're arriving sometime tomorrow evening. If we get into town early enough, we'll probably check out both Friday and Saturday. If not, Saturday it is.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:48 am

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]