View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 rants about stupid sh1t 

Post rants about stupid sh1t
I dunno, seems like we need a thread for ranting about stupid sh1t.

Today I'm annoyed by Deal or No Deal. Nevermind how lame the concept is, or how they decide who a "worthy" contestant is -- my beef is with the audience. The contestant needs to weigh the odds to decide whether each deal is good or not, but if they turn it down they have to pick more cases from the bimbo rack.
THIS part of the process entails picking a case number, which is a completely arbitrary, since there are no clues about what's in each case. A monkey or an insect or an inanimate object has the exact same probability of making a "good" case choice as the contestant.
But they seem to "mull it over" each time anyway, like they're making a "decision"... and then ... the audience applauds. WTF?! They picked a fvcking RANDOM NUMBER, why are you fvcking clapping for that? How come nobody claps when I throw dice or drop a coin on the floor?

So what stupid sh1t would YOU like to rant about?

(NO POLITICS PLEASE, there's a whole 'nother forum for those rants)

Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:36 pm

Post bad commercial
Well, technically, you could call this a rant, I guess. There's this really bad commercial out there for satellite tv, where this super annoying as hell kid says, "Dad, the cable's out again, can you FIX it?" The way he emphasizes "fix it" is very odd. My son and I have incorporated this phrase into daily life, and it always produces a laugh. I thought we were the only ones who noticed such a stupid thing, but apparently not. See for yourself, if you wish.

http://www.awfulcommercials.com/index.p ... 27t+fix+it

Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:46 am

this rants a long time coming.. im really friggen tired of dealing with dumb ass guys that dont believe women can be music fans. apparently the ONLY reason females go to show is so they can try and sleep with the band members. ive been to a trillion shows and have NEVER EVER attempted to sleep with any band members.. i meet band members sometimes, so what??? doesnt mean im trying to sleep with them. i want to MEET THEM. fcking get over your jealousy guys and grow some balls.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:11 pm

well, the only reason i'm in a band is to try to sleep with girls.

i don't really think that makes it any better tho.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Well, for my part, I'm sick to bloody death with hearing women talk about how "incredibly cute" or "fucking gorgeous" guys in bands are. How they look should never even be a part of the equation. Hell, you shouldn't even know what they look like. I like bands like the Ramones, where every member is hideously ugly. The music is everything. Women into great music is a big turn-on, but when they start talking about the "looks" of the people in the band it becomes sickening, not because I'm jealous (because they obviously have wretched taste in men and are easily duped by "stardom") but because it's something that should never even come into play when regarding good music.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:20 pm

You are so incredibly cute when your angry!

Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:58 pm

yeah, I'm gonna point out the obvious, which is that you see absolutely nothing wrong with female performers being evaluated on their sexiness. and sometimes solely on their sexiness.

this is a stupid double-standard.

Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:30 pm
Profile WWW

I do? Where did you get this information from? What examples can you cite? Do I think the singer of Lacuna Coil is "hot?" I honestly don't even know what she really looks like. I just dig her voice. I'll admit that I think Chris Isaak is a pretty good looking guy, but that has absolutely no bearing on my feelings toward his music.

So how can you make a comment like that? Explain yourself.

Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:40 pm

I'm going to own up to the fact that, when I was 7, I thought Rick Astley was cute, as well as liking his voice.

Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:54 pm
Profile WWW

Isn't there a Band Member Code of Ethics, or something?

Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:03 pm

Like guys in bands have ethics

Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:43 pm
Profile WWW

Riffin' on rskm1's excellent spew about the pod people among us:

Kfed/Brittany

Brad, Angelina, and their spawn

Paris Hilton

etc

...and just how empty so many people's lives must be to actually demand the latest info on the most boring (in some cases, talentless) pretty heads on earth.

Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:54 am
Profile YIM WWW

Guy walks into store (30mins before closing)
Guy seeks large amount of musical equipment (usually a PA)
Rockula starts to compile said wequipment list
Guy informs Rockula that it is for a church (who will now bw referred to as "christian")
Rockula prepares for the worst
(fast forward to the tail end of the deal)
Christian decides that price is too high
Rockula informs Christian that prices were made as low as possible
Christian walks after 2 hours of work (after store is closed)
Rockula has to put all the PA gear back

(fast forward to a week later)

Christian comes back and informs Rockula that he would like to buy the PA package but only after changing half the order
Rockula spends another hour compiling order
Christian informs Rockula that the only way he will purchase PA package (that took 3 hours to put together) that he is only interested if Rockula throws a bunch of free shit in (cables etc...
Rockula ponders using the steel toe of his boot on Christian's skull
Manager caves in and gives Christian what he wants
Rockula gets fucked with a measley commission (after 4 hours of pointless backtracking)while his co-workers sell tons of equipment
Christian guy makes Rockula load all of the equipment into the small pickup truck while acting smug over how he got a great deal
"Hey, I'll be back to buy more stuff" says the Christian
"Hey, I'll be going on lunch as soon as you walk in the door" thinks Rockula

We have a term at work
Ever heard of "Jewing down" the price?
Guess what we call it?

Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:55 pm
Profile WWW

Here's what happens once a week
Guy walks into store (30mins before closing)
Guy seeks large amount of musical equipment (usually a PA)
Rockula starts to compile said wequipment list
Guy informs Rockula that it is for a church (who will now bw referred to as "christian")
Rockula prepares for the worst
(fast forward to the tail end of the deal)
Christian decides that price is too high
Rockula informs Christian that prices were made as low as possible
Christian walks after 2 hours of work (after store is closed)
Rockula has to put all the PA gear back

(fast forward to a week later)

Christian comes back and informs Rockula that he would like to buy the PA package but only after changing half the order
Rockula spends another hour compiling order
Christian informs Rockula that the only way he will purchase PA package (that took 3 hours to put together) that he is only interested if Rockula throws a bunch of free shit in (cables etc...
Rockula ponders using the steel toe of his boot on Christian's skull
Manager caves in and gives Christian what he wants
Rockula gets fucked with a measley commission (after 4 hours of pointless backtracking)while his co-workers sell tons of equipment
Christian guy makes Rockula load all of the equipment into the small pickup truck while acting smug over how he got a great deal
"Hey, I'll be back to buy more stuff" says the Christian
"Hey, I'll be going on lunch as soon as you walk in the door" thinks Rockula

We have a term at work
Ever heard of "Jewing down" the price?
Guess what we call it?

Sounds like a situation we had when I worked stained glass. We made a bid to a church in Pine City. The church accepted. A few months later, we started the job. We set up all our equipment, we tore down the old frames, we had put in several new ones, and I had started painting. This went on for a couple weeks. At this point, the priest of the church tells us that the church council has now decided the price was too high, and could we do all of this for less. Now, the foreman, being a good catholic, had made the bid reasonably low anyway. So after accepting the bid, letting us get halfway done, then the church decided to haggle.

Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:42 pm
Profile WWW

It sounds like most Sears stores back when I worked there. People would always look for a better deal than you could offer.

My personal opinion is that the larger the cross the person wears the more they argue and want stuff for free or a a signifcant discount.

J..

Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:31 pm

I have no issues with deal seekers
The musical equipment sales industry is based on catering to guys who wanna haggle like it's a sport
It's fun for them to talk turkey and chew the fat
That's part of the experience
That is also why we post list prices instead of the absolute lowest price right off the bat
People like to think they haggled us down
That's kinda like people who spend 3 hours at the Salvation Army combing the racks to find a $200 designer skirt for $10, or people who go to Movie Trading Company and rifle through thousands of 99 cent DVDs to find 3 or 4 that they like (yeah, I'm that dork)
It's the thrill of the chase
However, underhanded tactics that, not only purposely inconvenience the sales person in order to pressure them to give low prices buut take money out of said salesperson's wallet are just what I called them before
Underhanded
Especailly when you feel like you are entitled to behave that way because you are a christian
Fuck
Even asian people are easier customers
At least they are openly aggressive and don't use underhanded tactics
All they do is repeat "What MY price?" over and over becasue they think it will wear you down

Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:50 pm
Profile WWW

Blanket generalities about groups of people are "stupid sh1t"

Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:26 pm

Is it just me, or is Jared from the Subway commercials starting to get a lil' bit chubby again.?

Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:06 pm

Is it just me, or is Jared from the Subway commercials starting to get a lil' bit chubby again.?

i think its just you...i havent noticed..lol

Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:03 am
Profile YIM WWW

Stupid shit- Every couple weeks I get some salesman knocking at my door wanting to replace my windows? I ask them if any of them are shattered or broken. Then they start their pitch about how my old windows are inefficient. bla ..bla..bla...-- kthx bye

Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]