View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 A question for thine meaty, pulsting minds..or three 

Post A question for thine meaty, pulsting minds..or three
CAN INTER-SUBJECTIVISM RIGHTLY BE CALLED RELATIVE DETERMINISM?
Inter-subjectivism is basically the notion that one knows that they exist based upon their reflection in others. Other people's reactions to them, similarities, differences and interaction. It's the notion that without any other person, one couldn't prove their existence. When thought about long enough it makes sense. Although the dull, dim-witted fiends that l;ive around me make this belief fucking terrible to think about.
Anywho, relative determinism, as many will know, is basically the fact that nothing can exist or be defined without its opposite: how can one say that something is light, without the notion of dark? What is warm without cold? etc.
Anyway, I had a dream about talking to a tramp and I asked this question above..and quite rightly he slapped me for being a procacious 15 year-old. But heh, see what you think maybe, Is inter-subjectivism a kind of relative determinism?
Also, NINJAS, SAMURAI OR PIRATES???
And any anime fans, please talk with me! I'd be eternally grateful, I feel alone in my obsession in this hellish, narrow-minded corner of the countryside.

Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:30 am
Inter-subjectivism can be called relative determinism in a certain manner, but not in entirety. As you stated "Inter-subjectivism is basically the notion that one knows that they exist based upon their reflection in others." and "relative determinism, as many will know, is basically the fact that nothing can exist or be defined without its opposite". Well the opposite that is stated could very-well be "other" to which you are reflected in. In that case, inter-subjectivism and relative determinism can be one and the same.

->anime fan<-

Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]