View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 What's your petpeeve? 

When guys with beautiful, long hair, cut it because a girl wants them to. It's even worse if she's the one that cuts it all off.

Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:16 pm

Needing to take care of something in the near future and not having the cash to cover it.

When someone says that they're going to be there at a certain time and place and don't show; double annoying when it's your boss...

Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:21 pm

My folks always force me to cut my hair.. .

It starts to look nice, and then wham, back to square one.. . Now my hair is back above my eyebrows and I absolutely hate it, though, this was one of the nicer haircuts I've had recently. . ..

Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW
My folks always force me to cut my hair...

Force you? What... Do they strap you down and knock you unconscious with some kind of makeshift bludgeon? Chloroform, perhaps?

My parents payed me a visit the other day. They made a few comments about how I was wearing "wierd pants" and a "wild shirt".

I told 'em to deal with it. :)

Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:15 pm

people that claim theyre "punk rock" but use Aveda products in their hair..

people that claim theyre "darksiders" yet only wear black to the clubs....

guess it all comes down to posers.

Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:39 pm

Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:44 am
Profile YIM

Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:33 am

Not really a petpeeve, but kind of amusing:

When I dance with a woman, make plans with another woman friend, and coincidently leave a coffee shop at the same time as yet another woman, and my peers suddenly accuse me of being with 3 women, all within two minutes of conversation. *LOL*

I'm gonna start wearing a big sign that says "No, I'm not seeing anybody". :))

Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:11 pm

Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:59 pm

That would be Poseur.

ah, thanks for the correction :) i dont use that word too often...

and a clarification... you only wear black to the clubs... and "no where else"...

Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:06 pm

When people tuck their sweaters into their pants.

When people "only" wear black. (You can wear any color and still be goth, It's "how" you wear it).When people wear black out or everyday, It looks like they never change clothes.

When my mom calls and only talks about herself.

Shoveling snow.

Getting stuck in the snow.

Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW
When people tuck their sweaters into their pants.

You're never gonna let me live that down, are ya? :)

Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:00 pm

no, and I've seen a few people do It. It just bothers me.

Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Hey, we ain't poseurs, we're <i>infiltrators</i>.

But anyway, my petpeeve is all TV commercials for pharmaceutical companies, but <i>especially</i> the ones for pills to make you feel "more natural". I mean seriously, how ironic is THAT? Like the one that makes women horny, and the other one for making your intestines behave naturally. Don't get me wrong, I'm <i>all for</i> horny women and regular bowels, but the *marketing* makes my skin crawl. <i>"I feel like myself again" (now that I'm popping such-and-such, or freebasing daily, or whatever)</i>. WTF?!?

--Rob "and don't even get me started on the ad that opens with 'the average American has 17 credit cards'. Yeah f**king right!" Kemmetmueller

Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:42 pm

Regarding of the cutting of the hair thingy.. .

I suppose <i>force</i> would not be the technical correct term, but the only alternative to not getting it cut is that I lock myself in the bathroom, or throw a tantrem, neither of which I would particularly care for.. . . .

Not my style.. .

No, I figure I'll be a doormat for a few more years, until I'm off on my own, and then wear my hair, and my clothes, as I wish. .

I just need a place to vent. .

Hmmmmmmm..... I take a lot of things said far too seriously. . . .

dammit. gotta work on that.. ..

Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I suppose <i>force</i> would not be the technical correct term, but the only alternative to not getting it cut is that I lock myself in the bathroom, or throw a tantrem, neither of which I would particularly care for..

That's the ONLY alternative??

So it never occurred to you that when they pressure you to get it cut shorter than you like, that you could just go ahead and get it cut shorter than THEY like, too?

--Rob "I found 'crew-cut' filed in the 'be careful what you wish for' section" Kemmetmueller

Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:45 pm
i cannot stand customers who argue with me about the regulations by which i must abide at work. for example...

carding people for R-rated movies **
only accepting state-issued ID/license for proof of age
no selling tickets for a show 20+ minutes past its posted start time ***
carding someone who's using plastic for payment
requiring student ID for the student price ticket *
checking food in at the concierge desk
not regulation related, but customers refusing to believe i'm higher than floor staff... ****

* this one is a major peeve. i once had a woman come up and ask for like, 10 tickets, and most though not all were for students. i asked to see all the student IDs. she started a hissy fit about how she was buying them in advance and only a few of them were here at the moment and they didn't have their IDs on them. well, tough sh*t, lady, i need to see those student IDs.

** this is also a biggie, though mainly because i can get written up for selling tickets to underagers. i card people who look younger than 25, and i don't care what kind of argument you feel like starting with me, i do not give in. i really hate the young 'uns who have ONLY a student ID. i will accept a college ID as proof that one is 17+, but a high school ID? nuh uh, i knew people who were 16 for half of their senior year, and i don't care if your bdate's on the back of your student ID card. it's not state regulated, so we can't accept it as proof. all it's good for is a student discount. if you're old enough to see an R-rated movie, you ought to already have an ID or license issued by the government.

*** i hate it when people show up late for a movie and get mad that i won't sell tickets to them on that basis. the managers here would rather just not sell tickets to late-comers than have to deal with customer complaints about people arriving 30-50 minutes after a show starts, whether the complainers are other people or the late-comers themselves. "i want to see the beginning of this movie at the next showtime." fine, then buy a ticket for the next showtime. "i don't care if it's 2:24 and the movie started at 1:10." yeah, but the general manager, who is in charge of this damn theater, DOES. or, the real kicker... let's say our last show starts at 10:40pm, and we close hte box office around 10:55, 11:00pm. i ALWAYS get a couple people showing up around 11:05 asking, "i know we're late, but can we still buy tickets?" NO NO NO NO NO! i will NOT make an exception, the money is already upstairs, and the gates are locked!

**** i'm a staff supervisor at work, properly known as a "crew chief." lowest form of management. but while junior and senior managers both get to wear normal street clothing (albeit, DAMN NICE street clothing), floor staff and crew chief personnel wear a uniform that is the same. no telling us apart except by looking at the employee weekly schedules. so i always get people asking to speak with a manager, and they scoff when i say, "i'm one of the supervisors here." they want to speak to a "real" manager. now, i can understand that a lot of situations i would need to have a higher up manager handle anyway, but do they have to be so rude up front?!

Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:55 am
i cannot stand customers who argue...

Holy venting, Batman! Feel better, Karst? Hope so. :)

Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:39 am

I hope the person who came up with the phrase "The customer is always right" is in hell right now and has to work in the customer service department

There is nothing more irritating than standing behind someone who thinks that if they bitch and whine long enough they will get their way.
I have also noted that the more money someone has, the more they expect to get their way. (yes, I know that George Bush would call that statement "class warfare" but we all know it is true)
My favorite manager used to tell people that pissed him off "We would appreciate you not using our business, perhaps we are not the right establishment for your tastes"
I have never seen a customer get so deflated and they usually give up

Movie theater bitching:
People with cell phones (you get one or two rings before you turn it off, everyone forgets sometimes and it may be hard to find in the dark)
People who talk at the screen (This is not Rocky Horror)
This is why I try not to go to films at the MOA
I don't have a problem with people getting excited or reacting to a high point in the film (laughing at funny parts, screaming at scary parts, nervous comments when something really cool happens etc...) it is all part of the communal experience of seeing a movie in a theater.

Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:43 pm
Profile WWW

I got carded once to see a movie (when I lived in Seattle) theses girls were way younger than me, I was 22 and went with a group and didn't have my ID to see Beavis and Butthead Do America. I was the only one who got carded. Even my sister who is 4 years younger got in, I had to drive home and get my ID. They thought I was 16. I was pissed by the time I returned with my ID.

It's a cartoon!!!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I sympathize with anyone who has to take id for work. I can be fined for anyone in the bar without an id... anyone, no matter how old they appear to be, is a few hundred of my dollars.

I also hate charging the cover... Rock is right, the more money they have, the more they think they can get away with being rude. I've kicked people out, or just not let them in, for being nasty.

the worst are the hippy shows. every hemp-chooker wearing asshole that comes from a mpls suburb that starts with an "e" grates a little piece of me away. they are the rudest, nastiest people, to the point that we quit booking bands (like wookiefoot) that draw them. yes, they come in numbers, but they are rude and don't tip.

Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:25 pm
Profile YIM

Rock stars who complain about how hard their life is...

Now don't ge me wrong, I realize that there is a lot of reason for a rich person to be miserable, but they don't have to always sing about it. . .

You ever hear David Bowie singing about how much life sucked?

No, you didn't, while I'm sure parts of it most probably did. .

What about David Byrne? I guy like that's gotta be riddled with misery, but ya don't hear him complaining about it.

If you are going to talk about how miserable your life is, make sure that there is at least a message, make it a warning, or a social commentary, or SOMETHING, just don't complain!!!

Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I hope the person who came up with the phrase "The customer is always right" is in hell right now and has to work in the customer service department

yes yes yes! my first job was mcdonalds (it was within walking distance) and when i quit i swore i'd never work with customers again.

i cant be nice to rude people. i just cant.

Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:39 am

I've had the fortune of having a couple jobs where I could tell the customer that they were, in fact, wrong.

1. A pet store: "You obviously killed the (random fragile creature). All of the evidence proves it. You get no refund."

2. A pawn shop: "We told you all about your loan when you signed the form. We sent you letters to let you know your loan was in default. After 4 months without making any payments on your loan, it is your fault it came out for sale."

Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:08 pm
Profile WWW

I get to be rude not only to customers, but to the other employees (band d00dz) as well. as sparklegoth says, it's the only thing that keeps me from killing again.

Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:44 pm
Profile YIM

Rock stars who complain about how hard their life is...
If you are going to talk about how miserable your life is, make sure that there is at least a message, make it a warning, or a social commentary, or SOMETHING, just don't complain!!!

The best commentary I have ever heard on this subject was when Gene Simmons was aked what he thought of all the whining from Kurt Cobain and Eddie Vedder he said
"If you guys have so much problems with all of that money, please send your check or money order to Gene Simmons"

If you can't handle it, step aside and let someone else have a shot at it
Take your millions, buy a ranch in the middle of Montana with a 20 foot high fence around it and DISAPPEAR!
And shut the fvuck up

Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
People who dont tip on holidays. I just want to posion their turkey or start their xmas tree on fire.

Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:43 pm

The best commentary I have ever heard on this subject was when Gene Simmons was aked what he thought of all the whining from Kurt Cobain and Eddie Vedder he said
"If you guys have so much problems with all of that money, please send your check or money order to Gene Simmons"

If you can't handle it, step aside and let someone else have a shot at it
Take your millions, buy a ranch in the middle of Montana with a 20 foot high fence around it and DISAPPEAR!
And shut the fvuck up

Even better; John Lydon (a.k.a. Johnny Rotten) was doing a promotional interview for a book he had put out not long after Cobain's suicide. The interviewer made the mistake of asking him what he thought of Cobain's death, in relation to the death of Sid Vicious. Rotten's eyes get really big and he says, "OF COURSE I THING IT'S A F.UCKING SHAME WHEN F.UCKING PEOPLE COMMIT F.UCKING SUICIDE, I'M HERE TO TALK ABOUT MY F.UCKING BOOK!"

Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:42 am

my pet peeve....women that cannot make up their minds...

Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:43 pm

When 2 or 3 co-workers and a boss cannot find time of the day to figure out how to communicate with me. It's because I'm deaf, oh woe is me. WENCHES!! Although, got other 2 great co-workers. Oh, yea! *appyling for job online*

Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:51 am
Profile WWW
a mocha is not coffee dont refer to it as such, same goes for a latte you bastards!

Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:30 pm

When you draw the dude you know least of anyone in the company for the interoffice Secret Santa. What, do they want us to keep giving each other potted plants and Chipotle gift certificates?

Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:17 am
Profile WWW
When someone posts previously unpublished info (mine) anonymously and without consent. I am having very negative thoughts towards that person right about now.

Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:22 pm

People who beg you for advice... convince you your advice is worth hearing... and then do the complete opposite and whine about it.

"My name is Matt Foley, and I am a motivational speaker...

..and I live in a van down by the river."

Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:36 am

this loser 2 cubes down from me right now... flippin fowl. he's also the one that bathes in cologne every morning.

Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:13 pm
to the point that we quit booking bands (like wookiefoot) that draw them

Like you need a reason to NOT book wookiefoot.

Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:19 pm
Rockula! wrote:

yes yes yes! my first job was mcdonalds (it was within walking distance) and when i quit i swore i'd never work with customers again.

i cant be nice to rude people. i just cant.

Just get a job working at a place where the "atmesphere" is rude employees. All of the places I have worked in the past few years (minus corporate jobs) the employees get to have attitude, can say anything they want to the customers, and be real assholes.

Or maybe thats just me at all my jobs in the last few years and I have just not been caught.

Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:21 pm

drok_vox wrote:
to the point that we quit booking bands (like wookiefoot) that draw them

Like you need a reason to NOT book wookiefoot.

lol... it's a $$$ issue. but yeah, it didn't take much of a reason to not book wookiefoot

Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:23 pm
Profile YIM

One of the things I've always hated about high school is the constant soap opera life on amphetimines.

It seems that I have watched countless relationships fall apart and crumble in front of me, while I myself have remained untouched by the whole damn thing.

Of course, while my life may be more stable than alot of those around me, the boredom is devouring me from the inside.

Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
One of the things I've always hated about high school is the constant soap opera life on amphetimines.

It seems that I have watched countless relationships fall apart and crumble in front of me, while I myself have remained untouched by the whole damn thing.

Of course, while my life may be more stable than alot of those around me, the boredom is devouring me from the inside.

HAHA! you think that happens only in high school? it doesn't ever stop...

Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:42 pm

Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:26 pm
Profile YIM

Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:19 am
Profile YIM WWW

my favorite this time? People telling me they'll do things for me then continue NOT doing it!

'oh, i'll get a hold of you so i can drum for you' and the like.

yea, i do it to but right now it kinda pisses me off!!!

Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:32 am
Profile WWW

unreliable drunks... be drunk all you want... just don't let me down... repeatedly.

Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:43 pm
Profile WWW

When I'm grocery shopping and someone leaves their cart in the middle of the aisle while they wander off.
When parents don't discipline their children in public.
When people talk in movie theaters.
When people walk really slowly down a hallway, taking up the entire width, blissfully unaware that no one can get around them.

Not a pet peeve but a squick:

Going barefoot anytime.
Warm lettuce. Cold tomatoes. Any drink above body temperature.

Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:44 am
Profile WWW

When your computer dies! ARRRG! My computer died last week, I didn't realize how much I would miss it untill it was gone.

Wow does it suck not to be on-line.

Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:29 pm
Profile WWW

I really hate when I can't find something, and can't find it, and can't find it, and still can't find it, and then I find it not only right where I left it but out in plain sight.

Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:09 pm
Profile WWW
When you're in the middle of the best sex you've ever had, with the mate you've only fantasized about, and then your alarm clock goes off and you wake up. Damn dreams!!!

(Hey, at least I'm not dreaming in code, this time.)

Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:39 pm
Going into work when it's dark, and leaving when it's dark. And at least it could be snowing instead of just gray and gloomy outside all day.

Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:20 pm

When my cat poops outside her litter box.

: X

Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Count Rockula.

Rockula's pandering for attention.

~Ether~

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

commercial graphic artist, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist

BACK ALLEY: https://www.facebook.com/backalleysocial
CRUSH COLLECTIVE: http://www.facebook.com/crushmydesign

Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:21 pm
Profile WWW

When other people are late.

Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:11 pm
Profile WWW

Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:23 pm
Profile WWW

When you've just been online for a moment, and someone walks in, making it look like you've been sitting at the computer <i>all day.</i>

Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:19 pm

Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:30 pm

When someone gives you just a LITTLE too much information.

Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:44 pm

When someone gives you just a LITTLE too much information.

Whoaa. I hear ya on that one. *shudder* Hate it that happen at work. Ick.

Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:36 pm
Profile WWW

Liars.

...and thieves.

~Ether~

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

commercial graphic artist, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist

BACK ALLEY: https://www.facebook.com/backalleysocial
CRUSH COLLECTIVE: http://www.facebook.com/crushmydesign

Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:40 pm
Profile WWW

sparklegoth wrote:
Liars.

...and thieves.

~Ether~

that brings george w. bush to mind

Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:16 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next