View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Oh No 

Post Oh No
WAYANS GO HOME
By Devin Faraci
Contributing sources: Cinematical

The Wayans Brothers are like the HPV of the movie world - they are with you for life, they come and go and tend to be more unsightly than dangerous.

Now that HPV is having a new outbreak, and it could be the ugliest one yet: Shawn Wayans tells moviepicturefilm.com* that he and his siblings are working on a movie version of The Munsters. Yes, the family of monsters from 1313 Mockingbird Lane. But fear not, 'racially aware' middle class white people who get up in arms about changing the ethnicity of lame fictional characters - Blackenstein will not be heading this family.

"Something I want to clear up is that we're not going to be in it," Wayans told moviepicturefilm.com** "We're just writing and producing it. We're going to get some white people and paint them green."

The Munsters will be 'contemporized', which certainly means Eddie will be listening to hip hop. Maybe they can get Insane Clown Posse to redo the theme song.

Honestly, how can anyone get outraged about this? I have bad movie fatigue these days; my only question is whether I should see the movie to write a funny review or save myself the effort.

*wuh?

** really?

-from CHUD.com

Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:01 pm

Sorry, I just love this show too much. I don't want to see the Wayans brothers destroy it.

Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:07 pm

we're not going to be in it is a big selling point for a Wayans film, in my opinion.

Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:41 pm

Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:52 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]