View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ] 
 I like to wear makeup 
Post I like to wear makeup
hehehe :P

If you're a guy and like to wear makeup, speak up now! Assholes unite. Sadly, I do so only on rare occasions. Waiting to get laser eye surgery as I can't wear contacts. Do ppl really care about this shit? I retort, you revise.

J

Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:42 pm

Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:49 pm

ummmm, black eyeliner is Hawt!

Unless you have a beard.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:51 pm

Alix wrote:

Unless you have a beard.

beards=not hawt (to me)

Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:52 pm

aye cap'n. I like a bit of shadow also for my goofy mug :lol: Beyond that, I'm a minimalist. I have been seconded though! :wink:

J

Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:52 pm
Alix wrote:

Unless you have a beard.

haha circus ambience? We'll have to do Cap'n Skywayman up one of these days. :P

J

Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:53 pm

Post Captain Beard 'n' Eyeliner, at you service

so hot he's a cliche' already. my lad sometimes lets me put eyeliner on him. I love that.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:10 pm
Profile WWW

I've got nothing against it; it looks fine on guys who are "man-pretty" to begin with, as long as they don't overdo it. But for myself, makeup would fall squarely in the polishing a turd category. Plus, there's the beard...

Where's Theeris? He's gonna be all over this thread! =D

Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:12 pm

I've got nothing against it; it looks fine on guys who are "man-pretty" to begin with, as long as they don't overdo it. But for myself, makeup would fall squarely in the polishing a turd category. Plus, there's the beard...

What? I never wear makeup.... :)

Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:15 pm
Post Re: Captain Beard 'n' Eyeliner, at you service
alisgray wrote:

so hot he's a cliche' already. my lad sometimes lets me put eyeliner on him. I love that.

Ah M would look good in liner. Cap'n Johnny, well, that's quite a mug on that one. You know he originally went to LA as bass player of a punk band? Some A and R guy saw that face and the rest is history. Amazing actor, self-taught. I believe his first part was as a blood splatter in a Nightmare on Elm Street (dunno which one) then 21 Jump Street. Had a tat (Winona forever) Heart broken, it now reads wino forever :wink:

J

Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:15 pm
rskm1 wrote:

'Tis all good either way. Who cares, ya know? :wink:

J

Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:20 pm

I was squarely in the original demographic target of 21 Jump Street; he was by far the best and most vivid part of it. very talented guy.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
I was squarely in the original demographic target of 21 Jump Street; he was by far the best and most vivid part of it. very talented guy.

Indeed. He has only improved with age as well. He chooses scripts so meticulously (albeit perhaps 2 sequels was pushing Cap'n Sparrow a bit much)

J

Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:25 pm

Theeris wrote:
rskm1 wrote:

'Tis all good either way. Who cares, ya know? :wink:

J

The funny thing is I was out on Monday at the Saloon, slumming it cause I was lazy i.e. - I didn't dress up and no makeup - and people thought something was wrong. I got a bunch of "Your not wearing makeup... you look so different" and "Where are your awesome clothes?"

=)

Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:27 pm

The funny thing is I was out on Monday at the Saloon, slumming it cause I was lazy i.e. - I didn't dress up and no makeup - and people thought something was wrong. I got a bunch of "Your not wearing makeup... you look so different" and "Where are your awesome clothes?"

=)

haha right on. Tis fun either way methinks. :wink:

J

Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:29 pm

Make up on guys has same rules as make up on girls. Too much and you look like a trampy clown. FTR I lurve a little eyeliner for accent. On the boys, that is.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:19 pm
Profile WWW
Make up on guys has same rules as make up on girls. Too much and you look like a trampy clown. FTR I lurve a little eyeliner for accent. On the boys, that is.

Yeah never was a fan of overkill (for myself or my preferred aesthetic anyways). It really depends on what one is trying to accentuate. Stage makeup is the one area where one has to overaccentuate due to the distance between performer and audience. Personally, I don't care how folks want to look. I definitely have a distaste for certain clown aesthetics.

J

Last edited by Jason Guana on Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:35 pm

How dare you slight the genius of Peter Deluise with your exclusion!
Was Johnny Depp in WAYNE'S WORLD?

I used to wear makeup and skirts and fishnets back in the Autonomy days
Hell, I even wore my hair in pigtails tied with long red ribbons (before it got too thin to be that long)
But there was no way someone was going to mistake me for a chick
Now I look at those pictures and see a different person
Not necessarily one who rejects that type of adornment but as one who looks in the mirror and sees guyliner in the way Capin' B&E sees it
Once I saw that different person in the mirror, I decided to strip my public persona to the minimum
I took all of my piercings out of my ears and cut my hair to shoulder length (I need a haircut but am too cheap)
I wear an occasional Buckethead shirt but I keep it to plain blacks
The other thing that convinced me that I was not interested in makeup is the website "Rock n Roll Confidential"
http://rockandrollconfidential.com/hall/index.php
These guys really cast a stark light upon how passe' the makeup thing has become for musicians and were the first people that I saw use the term "guy-liner"
The goth thing is not necessarily dead for me
I just went in a different direction and I think I will be too old the next time it comes around
However
I am already developing my "old grizzled veteran" persona

Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
alisgray wrote:

How dare you slight the genius of Peter Deluise with your exclusion!
Was Johnny Depp in WAYNE'S WORLD?

I used to wear makeup and skirts and fishnets back in the Autonomy days
Hell, I even wore my hair in pigtails tied with long red ribbons (before it got too thin to be that long)
But there was no way someone was going to mistake me for a chick
Now I look at those pictures and see a different person
Not necessarily one who rejects that type of adornment but as one who looks in the mirror and sees guyliner in the way Capin' B&E sees it
Once I saw that different person in the mirror, I decided to strip my public persona to the minimum
I took all of my piercings out of my ears and cut my hair to shoulder length (I need a haircut but am too cheap)
I wear an occasional Buckethead shirt but I keep it to plain blacks
The other thing that convinced me that I was not interested in makeup is the website "Rock n Roll Confidential"
http://rockandrollconfidential.com/hall/index.php
These guys really cast a stark light upon how passe' the makeup thing has become for musicians and were the first people that I saw use the term "guy-liner"
The goth thing is not necessarily dead for me
I just went in a different direction and I think I will be too old the next time it comes around
However
I am already developing my "old grizzled veteran" persona

That website is scary. I never really have attributed any deeper meaning to these matters. I did take out a lipring out of sheer boredom though recently. I'd had at least one for the better part of 15 years.

J

Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:57 pm

Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
i like to wear pants!

Why??

Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:26 pm

I hate pants, and like makeup on stage. wearing a costume on stage gives me the mental ability to step into an alter-ego, who will do things that I won't.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:37 pm
Profile YIM
I hate pants, and like makeup on stage. wearing a costume on stage gives me the mental ability to step into an alter-ego, who will do things that I won't.

aye, theater is much fun. :wink:

J

Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:26 pm

I used to wear makeup quite a bit. Not so much anymore. I did a little eyeliner at the last Goth Prom, but beyond that I haven't applied any in a couple years.

I guess it just doesn't do anything for me anymore.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:12 pm
I used to wear makeup quite a bit. Not so much anymore. I did a little eyeliner at the last Goth Prom, but beyond that I haven't applied any in a couple years.

I guess it just doesn't do anything for me anymore.

Yeah I haven't much I had to basically give up on contacts. I can maybe pull it off for a day now. I'm sure I will some after I get the laser eyes haha. I had actually heard of Goth Prom before I came here. Had a date but I didn't make it out until the next week. Sounded like fun.

J

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:28 pm

Oh, the right style of black eyeliner/shadow on boys is truly hot. And I also like boys in kilts/skirts. But that's just me. Yum.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:51 am

The only reason the Scots invented kilts was because they finally figured out the sound of a fly being unzipped scared the sheep away.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:45 am
Oh, the right style of black eyeliner/shadow on boys is truly hot. And I also like boys in kilts/skirts. But that's just me. Yum.

twould depend on the skirt, lady cap'n. Need a bit of taper. :wink:

J

Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:36 am

I always thought it was too much work. What can I say, I'm lazy.

Besides, I haven't had contacts in forever and with glasses it doesn't really make sense.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:55 am

I often wear eyeliner with glasses. *shrug* if it's not the look you're going for I suppose it wouldn't make much sense though.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:07 pm
Profile WWW

Location: CARAG, Calhoun Isles, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, Earth, Terran System
I always thought it was too much work. What can I say, I'm lazy.

Besides, I haven't had contacts in forever and with glasses it doesn't really make sense.

I wear eyeliner with glasses. Daily.
*shrug*

Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:52 pm
I often wear eyeliner with glasses. *shrug* if it's not the look you're going for I suppose it wouldn't make much sense though.

It isn't the same for me with glasses. I'd do it but the motivation is lacking.

J

Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:54 pm

J
Exactly.

Maybe you have better glasses than J and me?

Besides, Alis, you have that awesome shirt. Maybe if I got a shirt like that I'd wear makeup. But then people would think I am an otaku fanboi. Eh. Maybe not...

Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:17 pm
Jason Guana wrote:

J
Exactly.

Besides, Alis, you have that awesome shirt. Maybe if I got a shirt like that I'd wear makeup. But then people would think I am an otaku fanboi. Eh. Maybe not...

haha otaku fanboi? Tis true. Kicks ain't the same with specs for me. One obvious reason being I can't see what the bloody hell I'm doing. Will give it a go one noche. Madeth some new darky friends who excel in application me thinks (save the ben nye! haha) :wink:

J

Last edited by Jason Guana on Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:33 pm

which shirt is it that would induce you to wear makeup? I could maybe spare it...

(my regular glasses are a kind of tribute to the science-teacher frames my dad wore when I was a kid.)

as for putting on eye makeup when you can't see, yeah; I used to use really short eye pencils because otherwise the end would hit the mirror. These days, I could probably apply it without even looking. (ever wonder how vampires would adjust their makeup?) but most often I just have the brush or pencil behind my frames.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
which shirt is it that would induce you to wear makeup? I could maybe spare it...

(my regular glasses are a kind of tribute to the science-teacher frames my dad wore when I was a kid.)

as for putting on eye makeup when you can't see, yeah; I used to use really short eye pencils because otherwise the end would hit the mirror. These days, I could probably apply it without even looking. (ever wonder how vampires would adjust their makeup?) but most often I just have the brush or pencil behind my frames.

Such skill ..... I have NOT haha. I can do a decent app. up to a point. I've generally relied on my aesthetic superiors (women and my gay friends) to 'elp me along. I have it down if I can see it. Lack the intuitive feel to achieve an affectation de jure just by hand.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:47 pm

Location: CARAG, Calhoun Isles, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, Earth, Terran System
Jason Guana wrote:

J
Exactly.

The words "otaku fanboi" intrigue me.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:49 pm

I wear eye make-up. I wear glasses. Now, I know maybe it's different for boys, but I definitely have a different, more drab look, without eye make-up. Of course, nowadays I tend to only do the eyeliner on the upper lid, and then do the lower lid, too, only when I'm Going Out because, at 30, the stuff migrates to the tiny imperfections underneath and looks really trashy and nasty. By the end of the day, I desperately look like a crack-whore.

If you don't believe me, check some pictures out:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88711572@N00/sets/281031/

And no, I'm vain enough that I don't have any raccoon-eye photos up.

Last edited by laserbitch on Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:37 pm

aw, laserbitches (and racoons) are adorable!

Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:09 pm
Profile WWW

I should wear them, so I can see things that are less than ten feet away.
If I don't wear them, I am squinting at everything, and I apparently look angry & mean.
If I do wear them, however, I get sinus headaches & hate the world.
And then I AM mean.

I can't stand to wear my glasses while I'm eating.
Food is GROSS!!! I don't want to look at it!

I also couldn't stand to wear make-up until pretty recently... then I discovered M.A.C....
They make my eyes burn somewhat less than usual! I love them.

Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:31 am
Profile YIM WWW

I sported eyeliner for years. I stopped when I went to college and now I work and stuff so it is hard. I also dont hang out with the same people so its not really the thing to do anymore...sad

Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:18 am

We're slightly different sizes, I think. I don't really have the figure that would make tight shirts appealing.

As to which one that is, it shouldn't be hard to figure out. I've met you what, twice? One time it was in tigerface, and the other time you wore the shirt. :)

Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:40 am

alisgray wrote:
We're slightly different sizes, I think. I don't really have the figure that would make tight shirts appealing.

As to which one that is, it shouldn't be hard to figure out. I've met you what, twice? One time it was in tigerface, and the other time you wore the shirt. :)

as if I pay any attention to what shirt I'm wearing, after I put it on. oh well.

Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:43 pm
Profile WWW

JPaganel wrote:
alisgray wrote:

as if I pay any attention to what shirt I'm wearing, after I put it on. oh well.
Aw, all right. It's the Totoro one.

Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:14 pm
alisgray wrote:
JPaganel wrote:
alisgray wrote:

Aw, all right. It's the Totoro one.

We'll have to find you one (I thought that was the shirt you meant btw). You have to wear it tight and cut the sleeves muscleboy style though hahaha :P

J

Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:19 am

You have to wear it tight and cut the sleeves muscleboy style though hahaha :P

J
Well... I am cute in a teddy bear sort of way... :oops:

Or I might have to start working out.

Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:36 am
Jason Guana wrote:
You have to wear it tight and cut the sleeves muscleboy style though hahaha :P

J
Well... I am cute in a teddy bear sort of way... :oops:

Or I might have to start working out.

haha you are good as you are :wink: Was teasing but you would look pretty stylish that way Cap'n. Buffitude is overrated imo.

J

Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:46 am
I wear eye make-up. I wear glasses. Now, I know maybe it's different for boys, but I definitely have a different, more drab look, without eye make-up. Of course, nowadays I tend to only do the eyeliner on the upper lid, and then do the lower lid, too, only when I'm Going Out because, at 30, the stuff migrates to the tiny imperfections underneath and looks really trashy and nasty. By the end of the day, I desperately look like a crack-whore.

If you don't believe me, check some pictures out:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88711572@N00/sets/281031/

And no, I'm vain enough that I don't have any raccoon-eye photos up.

Hmm you have an interesting range of aesthetics going. The pic featured is actually the most understated.

J

Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:58 am

Post eyeliner
I remember when I was in college and I was on a date with this girl and the movie had Richard Grieco (21 Jump Street) in it. I can't remember the name. Anyway, I leaned over and asked my date, "IS that guy wearing eyeliner?" She leaned back and said "Yes, I think that is so HOT!!" Funny how that one statement many years ago changed my opinion of eyeliner on men. She was right, it does look good. I only wear it nowadays when we go out to shows.

Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:59 pm

sad fact: i loved that movie as a kid.

Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:27 am
Profile YIM WWW

Post movie
I'm not sure. The only thing I can remember at all from the movie was that toward the end he had these super shoes that kept him from falling off a house. I think it was supposed to be a james bond teen flick. I thought it was pretty good but that was eons ago.

Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:55 am

Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:10 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]