View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Self-Esteem and Hypersensitivity Thread 
Post Self-Esteem and Hypersensitivity Thread
(To get back on topic of the off topic?) Fucked if I know what to say here. Mine book of Freud has gone amiss. These words have no meaning to me. Any thoughts? Scale of Maslow? Jungian shadow? :lol:

J

Last edited by Jason Guana on Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:35 pm

Self-esteem has been oversold in this country's schools, resulting in a glut of people lacking thick skin or common sense.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:40 pm
Self-esteem has been oversold in this country's schools, resulting in a glut of people lacking thick skin or common sense.

Now *this* I can concur with on a macrolevel. Jean Twenge's "Generation Me" may interest you.

J

Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:42 pm

The concepts don't ellude me
It's the language and having to read it that is the barrier for me
Every time I try to read clinical text, my eyes cross
The words all run together
I can discuss the crap out of it though

The overpraised generation is of great concern to me because they are facilitatng the decay in REAL values in this country
They have been rewarded for not really trying that hard all of their lives and now they are willing to do ANYTHING to keep that steady flow of "you're special" going
They will mortgage their futures to prove to themselves that they deserve all the comforts
They will take a stand on just about anything regardless of their ability to back up their opinions with anything other than falling back on what someone who was more eloquent than themselves told them to believe
They consume plastic and shit loyalty
Just keep feeding them those empty calories and you can do with them what you will

Of course, I don't believe every young person has that mindset, but unfortunately, the numbers are considerably lower (as they always have)
If I though it was hopeless, then I would go join a tribute band like all the other old rock guys my age

Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]