www.darktwincities.com
https://darktwincities.com/forum/

Event Planning: Fun for the whole family
https://darktwincities.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5870
Page 3 of 3

Author:  skywayman [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

chknkillr wrote:
it's going to be a great show...

i'm going to the show...


Glad to hear it! Indeed it should be a great show.

Author:  drok [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

you're not going to get blasted for going tot he show. it should be a fun show. Amdeide is remaining neutral by staying on the bill; that's fine. I don't know why everyone was assuming that there would be OMG DARMA and a boycott. For drama to happen, something has to actually happen. Nothing is happening.

So go and have a good time and know that no one will think less of you or speak ill of you because of it. I would!

Author:  chknkillr [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

i meant blasted for speaking out and saying that i don't think Amdeide's choice should have a moral stamp put on it either but i was writing in a fury so who knows how it came out. thanks for your comment :)

Author:  skywayman [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

chknkillr wrote:
i meant blasted for speaking out and saying that i don't think Amdeide's choice should have a moral stamp put on it either but i was writing in a fury so who knows how it came out. thanks for your comment :)


I think when it comes down to it we'd all rather have a drink and see a good show. All things being equal, this is a solid lineup.

Author:  Aeireon [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

chknkillr wrote:
i don't think it's morally disappointing, i think it's disappointing to expect someone who hasn't been involved in this net drama AT ALL to choose sides. Amdeide was asked to do the show without prior knowledge of any of this & they're doing the show. this is in no way to disrespect Thosquanta OR to support shady business practices. it's not a statement, it's simply: they've accepted the offer. i hate all of this side choosing...a bad business deal came to fruition on the internet, things were said that should've remained in private message or handled in a more business like manner [i'm talking about both sides here i'm not trying to get people mad]. it's over [it meaning the big blowout], the show is happening. i'm not saying i like how it sounds like it was handled.
it's going to be a great show and people should have the preference to participate without being made to feel pressured in any direction. i'm going to the show and i'd hate to be accused of being morally wrong. i'm sure i'll get blasted for this but come on now people.


These are very very wise words. Keep your opinions about what was and what wasn't between yourselves and in your personal blogs. There's no need to bring public dispute to situations where the public only looses by being involved.

Charles

Author:  Jason NOH [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

We're very happy to have Amdeide on the new bill. They are a great band and a class act. We will do our best to get them exposure and to expand their well-earned fan base.

J

Author:  Jason NOH [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

chknkillr wrote:
i don't think it's morally disappointing, i think it's disappointing to expect someone who hasn't been involved in this net drama AT ALL to choose sides. Amdeide was asked to do the show without prior knowledge of any of this & they're doing the show. this is in no way to disrespect Thosquanta OR to support shady business practices. it's not a statement, it's simply: they've accepted the offer. i hate all of this side choosing...a bad business deal came to fruition on the internet, things were said that should've remained in private message or handled in a more business like manner [i'm talking about both sides here i'm not trying to get people mad]. it's over [it meaning the big blowout], the show is happening. i'm not saying i like how it sounds like it was handled.
it's going to be a great show and people should have the preference to participate without being made to feel pressured in any direction. i'm going to the show and i'd hate to be accused of being morally wrong. i'm sure i'll get blasted for this but come on now people.


It wasn't handled in the best manner, no. We are brand new at doing gigs. The point is though: This show is about Amdeide, The Gothsicles, and Bella Morte. People can make all the moral judgments they want. So be it. We are funding this show for the fans of these three bands. It's for you, not us. I think you speak wisely and with objectivity.

J

Author:  skywayman [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

Using my crazy powers of feeling the ebb and flow of internet emotion, I feel this is about the right time for everyone to shut the hell up and enjoy the show.

Author:  thosquanta [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

oh, fuck off, mod.

Author:  +jamison+ [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

Image

Author:  Jason NOH [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

We actively support and encourage this "boycott" :roll: :lol:

J

Author:  Alix [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

[quote="Noh"]We actively support and encourage this "boycott" :roll: :lol:

J[/quote


I actively encourage you to refrain from ever booking shows again and also, move back to CA already. All you've done since coming to this state is cause drama.

Author:  Jason NOH [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

Alix wrote:
Noh wrote:
We actively support and encourage this "boycott" :roll: :lol:

J[/quote


I actively encourage you to refrain from ever booking shows again and also, move back to CA already. All you've done since coming to this state is cause drama.


NOH. :lol: I rather enjoy Minnesota. I will certainly finance shows I'd like to see here.

J

Author:  Alix [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

Noh wrote:
Alix wrote:
Noh wrote:
We actively support and encourage this "boycott" :roll: :lol:

J[/quote


I actively encourage you to refrain from ever booking shows again and also, move back to CA already. All you've done since coming to this state is cause drama.


NOH. :lol: I rather enjoy Minnesota. I will certainly finance shows I'd like to see here.

J


Wow there is something seriously wrong with your brain. Really, get it checked.

Author:  Jason NOH [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

Alix wrote:
Noh wrote:
Alix wrote:
Noh wrote:
We actively support and encourage this "boycott" :roll: :lol:

J[/quote


I actively encourage you to refrain from ever booking shows again and also, move back to CA already. All you've done since coming to this state is cause drama.


NOH. :lol: I rather enjoy Minnesota. I will certainly finance shows I'd like to see here.

J


Wow there is something seriously wrong with your brain. Really, get it checked.


Kind of like your "boycott"? Seriously, do you think we care if you go or not? Or even if a given show didn't take place? (It will but still) i find this all very funny at this point to be honest. Everyone knows you are a 10 draw "boycott" so to speak. I really have nothing against you people. The sinister team of Charles and Jason have simply conspired to reduce you to this. :wink:

J

Author:  drok [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

what effing boycott? :roll:

Author:  gryfallyn [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

Woah everyone. Can we take a step back? (and a jump to the left and a step to the right for that matter?)

The original show blew up as it was proposed. It was unavoidable and yes, that sucks. The so-called "new" bill is indeed an entirely separate show that includes two of the other bands preliminarily booked for the other show, but does not include the third. This is not meant to be a personal affront to anyone or the music they make.

I really consider myself as having at least a 10ft drama-free zone around anything i'm involved with, and i hope we can move on from this. Noh is trying to bring the TC more local and national acts more often, and we're learning each step of the way. Sadly, this takes a lick of (uncompensated) hard work, a good deal of our spare time, and dealing with total cockups. But bear with us. We want these shows to be successful so that we can book more.

Cheers
--g
part of the Noh team

Author:  Jason NOH [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

drok wrote:
what effing boycott? :roll:


I'm teasing drok. That sign, it's a joke. She took it seriously I guess? :P

Author:  Jason NOH [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

gryfallyn wrote:
Woah everyone. Can we take a step back? (and a jump to the left and a step to the right for that matter?)

The original show blew up as it was proposed. It was unavoidable and yes, that sucks. The so-called "new" bill is indeed an entirely separate show that just happens to include two of the other bands preliminarily booked for the other show, but does not include the third. This is not meant to be a personal affront to anyone or the music they make.

I really consider myself as having at least a 10ft drama-free zone around anything i'm involved with, and i hope we can move on from this. Noh is trying to bring the TC more local and national acts more often, and we're learning each step of the way. Sadly, this takes a lick of (uncompensated) hard work, a good deal of our spare time, and dealing with total cockups. But bear with us. We want these shows to be successful so that we can book more.

Cheers
--g
part of the Noh team


The whole thing with gigs: and I've worked plenty of gigs on the coast in a different capacity - This shit happens. We're taking financial risks and working for no pay for the love of music. We're not against anyone. We have our own niche to fill and will do so at a loss. I make no illusions to anyone working with me about that. We also don't take ourselves seriously. Let's all kind of chill out. It's just a gig. Nothing more. I think people need to understand the brutal reality of "promoting" though. Silent are the top notch team in this area. We seek to fill in the gaps with bands that are going to be a smaller draw. That's what we are. That's all we are. We love music. Anyways,

To folks reading: we have kind of reached a consensus to end this conversation. It is past silly season.

Take Care.

J

Author:  thosquanta [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

i dunno anything about any 'boycott,' either other than i'm gonna stay home and barbeque instead. but if that "10 person draw" is pointed at us, somebody seriously misinformed you about our audience. maybe when one becomes, like, famous or whatever, they can make these sort of presumptions.

Author:  Jason NOH [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

thosquanta wrote:
i dunno anything about any 'boycott,' either other than i'm gonna stay home and barbeque instead. but if that "10 person draw" is pointed at us, somebody seriously misinformed you about our audience. maybe when one becomes, like, famous or whatever, they can make these sort of presumptions.


I was teasing due to the sign. Relax dude. :wink:

Author:  drok [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

Noh wrote:
drok wrote:
what effing boycott? :roll:


I'm teasing drok. That sign, it's a joke. She took it seriously I guess? :P


I have just come to the conclusion that you are, indeed, insane.

Author:  thosquanta [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

because his prices are so low?

Author:  Jason NOH [ Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

drok wrote:
Noh wrote:
drok wrote:
what effing boycott? :roll:


I'm teasing drok. That sign, it's a joke. She took it seriously I guess? :P


I have just come to the conclusion that you are, indeed, insane.


:wink:

Author:  theeighth [ Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:09 am ]
Post subject: 

thosquanta wrote:
i think i should book a UCKF show that night just to be funny.


I'm down.

Author:  mzmelissa [ Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:44 am ]
Post subject: 

theeighth wrote:
thosquanta wrote:
i think i should book a UCKF show that night just to be funny.


I'm down.

nooooooo. that would NOT be cool :x

;)

Author:  thosquanta [ Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:50 am ]
Post subject: 

i need SOMETHING to do that night. we should do at least one before jesse fucks off to england or whatever anyways.

Author:  theeighth [ Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:56 am ]
Post subject: 

Weren't most of our shows really just something to do?

Imagine what would have happened if we had ever taken ourselves seriously?

Author:  thosquanta [ Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:58 am ]
Post subject: 

our shows were an excuse for free booze!

Author:  theeighth [ Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:59 am ]
Post subject: 

Do you think anyone noticed?

Author:  alisgray [ Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:17 am ]
Post subject: 

I have read the theory that this was roughly how music started in the first place.

Author:  theeighth [ Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:47 am ]
Post subject: 

Oh, is that what we were doing? :D I must have been distracted.

Author:  mzmelissa [ Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:07 am ]
Post subject: 

theeighth wrote:
Oh, is that what we were doing? :D I must have been distracted.


yeah so distracted you always forgot to put on a shirt :lol:

Author:  skywayman [ Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:14 am ]
Post subject: 

I hate locking threads, especially active threads. However, this one has been around the block enough and is so far off topic that it is almost time to euthanize it

I want to move this thread to Mass Communication rather than lock it and leave it sit here to die a slow death as the show 30 days out gets closer.

I am nicely asking the show organizers to post a fresh thread about the show. After that is up, I'll change the subject line and shuffle this one out of Event Horizon for the party to continue.

Author:  drok [ Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

alisgray wrote:
I have read the theory that this was roughly how music started in the first place.


add sex and it's a solid theory.

Author:  rskm1 [ Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

Waaaaait a minute...

- Moved here from the West Coast?
- Serial stalker?
- Posts responses to every damn thing, usually brief and inane?
- First name's Jason?

This Noh guy suddenly sounds an AWFUL lot like Jason Guano/Guantanamo/Guarana (whatever the hell it was; he apparently deleted his profile when he "left"?). I've never met either one of 'em, so don't hate on me if I'm the only one who didn't already make the connection, 'cuz I'm just guessing based on M.O. here...

Author:  rskm1 [ Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

Whoop, lemme guess, the answer to that will be either "Noh" or "No sh!t, Sherlock".

Author:  Jason NOH [ Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

rskm1 wrote:
Waaaaait a minute...

- Moved here from the West Coast?
- Serial stalker?
- Posts responses to every damn thing, usually brief and inane?
- First name's Jason?

This Noh guy suddenly sounds an AWFUL lot like Jason Guano/Guantanamo/Guarana (whatever the hell it was; he apparently deleted his profile when he "left"?). I've never met either one of 'em, so don't hate on me if I'm the only one who didn't already make the connection, 'cuz I'm just guessing based on M.O. here...


Noh shit, sherlock. I didn't move here from the west coast and have not been in contact with anyone from this site for a year though now. I don't take the internet seriously so ... dunno. I don't really go to clubs and hang mostly with gothic and punk people that don't use the internet. You guys take youselves a bit too seriously.

J

Author:  rskm1 [ Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

Noh wrote:
have not been in contact with anyone from this site for a year though now.

Well, glad to hear there's no hard feelings or anything...

thosquanta wrote:
Noh via myspace wrote:
----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: Jason NOH
Date: Oct 1, 2008 1:00 AM


Looking at 8 doors 9 show. 5 load-in at Trocadero's on 11/28

You can post (it doesn't show up on BM's myspace, but I don't see the anal DTC as a place I'd care to promote) They really arent relevant.

*snerk*


Noh wrote:
... and hang mostly with [...] people that don't use the internet.

Wise choice. Moving often comes highly recommended, also.

Author:  Jason NOH [ Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

I have nothing for or against anyone here. I just find the internet a silly place to "promote" things. You talk to people. Get a buzz going. Minnesota is pretty cool though. I'm finishing law school at Mitchell then I'll be off to my next adventure. Been a fun ride though. Met some good peeps. Have had good times here.

J

Author:  thosquanta [ Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:35 am ]
Post subject: 

i was wondering if anything actually READ what i repeated...damned observant robble robble....

Author:  Jason NOH [ Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:13 am ]
Post subject: 

You just don't know whether to honk their big red noses or urinate on their shoes. They could do nothing either way. Silly boys. :roll:

J

Author:  devil [ Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:49 am ]
Post subject: 

Noh wrote:
You guys take youselves a bit too seriously.


Noh wrote:
I don't see the anal DTC as a place I'd care to promote - They really arent relevant.


I can't imagine anyone here takes their self too seriously. It's a site for music that appeals to a tiny fraction of the population. So you're correct, we aren't particularly relevant in the grand scheme of things. Though, don't be fooled by the fact that the same ten people post to this board all the time. It's visited by many, many, many more than that who don't contribute, particularly the Event Horizon forum. The count of individual ISPs roaming the site continues to grow all the time and it's in the upper hundreds. I don't know how fast "word of mouth" travels on the streets these days with "gothic and punk people who don't use the internet" (what, are they like Ted Kaczynski types or something?) but there are few places on the web, or the streets, that can serve as an effective bulletin board the way this place does.

Nohbody Nohs the trouble Noh's seen.

Author:  Jason NOH [ Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:58 am ]
Post subject: 

devil wrote:
Noh wrote:
You guys take youselves a bit too seriously.


Noh wrote:
I don't see the anal DTC as a place I'd care to promote - They really arent relevant.


I can't imagine anyone here takes their self too seriously. It's a site for music that appeals to a tiny fraction of the population. So you're correct, we aren't particularly relevant in the grand scheme of things. Though, don't be fooled by the fact that the same ten people post to this board all the time. It's visited by many, many, many more than that who don't contribute, particularly the Event Horizon forum. The count of individual ISPs roaming the site continues to grow all the time and it's in the upper hundreds. I don't know how fast "word of mouth" travels on the streets these days with "gothic and punk people who don't use the internet" (what, are they like Ted Kaczynski types or something?) but there are few places on the web, or the streets, that can serve as an effective bulletin board the way this place does.

Nohbody Nohs the trouble Noh's seen.


haha no trouble at all devil. It's more the directness. The internet has its purposes. I'm going to just be doing booking/billing/logistics for our team so ... it's not even my call now. I'm not Noh ya know? I've just found that actual attendance as opposed to exposure grows exponentially when there is more direct contact. That's my personal stance not that of NohPro. Ya dig? (Just roll with the puns at this point)

J

Author:  rskm1 [ Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

Noh wrote:
I don't really go to clubs ...

...which makes me wonder where you ARE putting in all this face-time with "gothic and punk people".
At the MALL?

Author:  devil [ Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

Actually, goths and punks hang out in droves at bars. No one really goes to clubs anymore. I'm surprised you didn't notice.

Author:  Jason NOH [ Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

rskm1 wrote:
Noh wrote:
I don't really go to clubs ...

...which makes me wonder where you ARE putting in all this face-time with "gothic and punk people".
At the MALL?


hahaha I don't go to malls. Generally, we had basement parties in Loring Park. Go to 3Rock (and book it now) Meetup. I'm a live music kid. Have been for 20 years now. Have some of my friends booked for our gigs now. Flying out Nicki Jaine in December. Generally, I fly home when I need anything more. Why do you care what I do? You are a curious boy robble. Out of curiosity: How many chicks do you shag a year? Just curious. :roll:

J

Author:  Jason NOH [ Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

devil wrote:
Actually, goths and punks hang out in droves at bars. No one really goes to clubs anymore. I'm surprised you didn't notice.


yah pretty much. There's a decent p-billy crowd lurking about too. Better than the coast actually.

Author:  devil [ Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

Even on its slowest nights 3rock is typically more well-attended than HM, GZ and Chamber combined.

Author:  Jason NOH [ Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

devil wrote:
Even on its slowest nights 3rock is typically more well-attended than HM, GZ and Chamber combined.


Seriously? Damn. That one club Transmission is pretty cool. 3Rock is generally packed though. I don't dance so ... it's been awhile for most other clubs. I'll go to Death Guild and a few others back home. That's just for old time's sake though. Clubs are geared towards different people now. Chamber plays a solid set though imo. Just not my bag. The DJs here can hold their own with anyone imo. I think maybe people who go to clubs don't realize how many people there are who don't but may be interested in some of the same bands.

J

Author:  devil [ Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:23 am ]
Post subject: 

Oh yeah, Chamber is cool as Hell but, in particular, the older crowd who have no interest in dancing to oontz oontz music but still want to go out and socialize and be able to actually talk without shouting do so at bars rather than clubs. If you want to hear cutting edge dance music and, y'know, actually dance - which a number of us aren't into doing - Chamber is the place. Otherwise you go where the people are.

Page 3 of 3 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/