View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 A great gift for your veggie/vegan friends! 

Post A great gift for your veggie/vegan friends!
taken from http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/de ... ng-perfume

Still can't think what to get him for Christmas? Socks don't seem to cut it any more? Fret no longer because Burger King is here to help.

The mass purveyor of grilled meat is offering, for a limited time, something even better than their usual piles of beef patties. This week, American men were given the chance to smell like their favourite meat snack with the launch of Flame, Burger King's contribution to the perfume market.

The company describes Flame as "the scent of seduction with a hint of flame-broiled meat".

Astonishingly, this elixir costs a mere $3.99 (£2.65). By contrast, one of its competitors, Chanel No 5, for example, costs more than $80.

Flame, a body spray for men, was launched this week online and in a selection of US stores, the list of which can be found on the perfume's website, which is named, appropriately, firemeetsdesire.com.

There, prospective buyers are greeted with what sounds like a melange of Barry White music and an interactive spray can which does not, disappointingly, emit a ray of French fries but morphs into a photograph of scented candles.

Burger King - or "the King" as the company's website refers to it - is not the only celebrity perfume on the market this Christmas.

Kate Moss, for one, will no doubt be putting up a stern fight with her Velvet Hour scent. But the model will surely struggle against a fragrance that has such a noble history: "The Whopper sandwich is America's favourite burger," the website boasts.

"Flame by BK captures the essence of that love and gives it to you. Behold ... now you can set the mood for whatever you're in the mood for." As long as that mood involves meat, presumably.

Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:42 pm

Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:48 pm
Profile WWW

Heh. I smell like that after playing with a welding torch...

Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]