www.darktwincities.com
https://darktwincities.com/forum/

Hypothetical question: tank or submarine?
https://darktwincities.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7123
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Ether [ Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Hypothetical question: tank or submarine?

So you've got this rich uncle who offers you a choice: you can have his awesome tank or his kickass submarine. Which do you choose?

~€~

Author:  thosquanta [ Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hypothetical question: tank or submarine?

submarine, duh.

i've never eaten a sammich named after a tank, fer chrissake

Author:  rskm1 [ Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hypothetical question: tank or submarine?

The tank, of course, since I could actually use that.

A submarine would be completely useless unless you lived on a coast or maybe one of the great lakes, and even then, it'd probably take a half-dozen experienced seamen to drive the damn thing anywhere. The tank is only a two-person operation if you want to actually fire the cannon.

Author:  2fisted [ Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hypothetical question: tank or submarine?

Gimme a T-34 & a case of JD anytime! WooooHawww!

Author:  rskm1 [ Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hypothetical question: tank or submarine?

thosquanta does have a point, though.
Plus, there's all the potential for "seaman" puns that just don't have land-based armored-vehicle counterparts.
... Nope, tank still wins.

Author:  Ether [ Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Hypothetical question: tank or submarine?

rskm1 wrote:
A submarine would be completely useless unless you lived on a coast or maybe one of the great lakes, and even then, it'd probably take a half-dozen experienced seamen to drive the damn thing anywhere. The tank is only a two-person operation if you want to actually fire the cannon.



Both the tank and the submarine in my examples are fully staffed with crews that will do your bidding. So weigh that in your decision and choose wisely! ;)

~€~

Author:  Rockula! [ Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Hypothetical question: tank or submarine?

rskm1 wrote:
The tank, of course, since I could actually use that.

A submarine would be completely useless unless you lived on a coast or maybe one of the great lakes, and even then, it'd probably take a half-dozen experienced seamen to drive the damn thing anywhere. The tank is only a two-person operation if you want to actually fire the cannon.



Huh huh Huh
You said seamen

Author:  manna_panna [ Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Hypothetical question: tank or submarine?

Actually, I would just want to hang out with the uncle.

Author:  Ether [ Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hypothetical question: tank or submarine?

manna_panna wrote:
Actually, I would just want to hang out with the uncle.



Your rich uncle doesn't love you, is a recluse, and merely wants to make you go away by giving you this elaborate gift. There, happy?

My god you people suck at hypothetical questions.

;)

~€~

Author:  manna_panna [ Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hypothetical question: tank or submarine?

Well maybe you shouldn't ask hypothetical questions that touch on a raw subject. You can PM me to double-check before launching your next overwrought, doomed-to-failure conversation starter. *winkety-wink*

Author:  Ether [ Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hypothetical question: tank or submarine?

Sorry, I didn't realize that tank vs. submarine was a "raw" subject for anyone.

~€~

Author:  skywayman [ Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hypothetical question: tank or submarine?

Submarine. There is at least a short window of time that I'll get to play with it before the feds realize I have it. With a tank the party will be big, but short lived.

Author:  seasonfire [ Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hypothetical question: tank or submarine?

2fisted wrote:
Gimme a T-34 & a case of JD anytime! WooooHawww!

so apparently Fisty wants to get "tanked".

Author:  DaveS [ Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hypothetical question: tank or submarine?

A tank. Even with the crew, the submarine would be inconvenient.

Plus, you can't stick your head out of it and tell people to surrender.

Author:  zom-zom [ Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hypothetical question: tank or submarine?

The sea is frightening and horrible. I try to stay out of it.

I saw Das Boot many years ago and have toured the U-boat at the Museum of Science and Industry.

No fucking thank you sailing in a metal tube underwater.

Tank!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/