View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 7:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 School gunman Adam Lanza ‘a loner’ and ‘one of the goths’ 

Post School gunman Adam Lanza ‘a loner’ and ‘one of the goths’
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... loner.html

Oh yea, he played video games too.... of course. Prolly loaded on anti depresants and fave movie was "The Basterds"?

Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:37 pm

Post Re: School gunman Adam Lanza ‘a loner’ and ‘one of the goths
Once again, you only read the parts that fit your narrow agenda
In order for him to be on antidepressants, he would have had to have been treated for mental instability
The article clearly states that they hadn't even considered counselling much less medication
So, even if you are going to make an assumption, it would be that he exhibited no signs of instability

Isn't there some way you can blame Obama for this?
Stupid fuck

Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:28 pm
Profile WWW

Anyways, the issue isn't so much guns themselves as the way that they are portayed in the American culture
Taking them away isn't going to solve the problem because it will never happen
Although mental health issues were not a red flag until after the incident, the best thing for this country to do in order to combat gun violence (or knife violence,baseball bat violence, fist violence etc....) is to make mental health services more easily available to people that cannot afford insurance
Obviously, it wouldn't have been a factor in this case but I would imagine the amount of violence in this country would be drastically reduced if people could get to a shrink

Oh yeah
EAT SHIT FISTY!!!!!

Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:34 pm
Profile WWW

Guns don't kill people, they just make it real easy. I agree we don't need to take guns away from people, but we do need to make them difficult to acquire. Background checks, mental health tests, ownership responsibility tests.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:44 pm

TheSun fisty? Really?

That rag is below The National Enquirer for sensationalist shit-fake "news". Not surprised you would use it as a source for your "news" I guess.

How about this?
Quote:
Nancy Lanza, 52, was “a big, big gun fan” who went target shooting with her children, according to friends.
"She said she would often go target shooting with her kids," Dan Holmes, owner of the landscaping firm Holmes Fine Gardens, told Reuters.
He recalled that she once showed him a 'high-end rifle' that she had purchased.
'She was very proud of it,' he told the New York Daily News. 'She loved her guns.”
Lanza, 20, killed his mother at the home they shared, shooting her in the face with her own gun, before driving three miles to the school in Newtown, Connecticut.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:45 am

Quote:
Isn't there some way you can blame Obama for ding dong ding dong...
whoa! Speaking of psychopaths! Lighten up Francis! There is a reason I didn't post in the political area, sry you reactionaries can't see sarcasm in my post above. We've all heard the old goth line before, but I do wonder if he was on meds.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:34 pm

Again, that was my point. Sensationalism when there shouldn't be any perhaps. Then again, it was the National Enquirer that broke the Monicagate scandal.

IMO there is a snowball effect going on w/ these types of mass shootings: the Columbine murders inspired the Aurora movie theater killer then the Oregon mall murderer > Sandy Hook killer. An obvious social decay going on that has been growing for the past 4 years.

But no, I don't blame Obama. He is more pro gun un-control than any prez I know of. (fast n furious) He also believes in wepons that make it real easy to kill people with. (drones for his kill list).

zom-zom wrote:
TheSun fisty? Really?

That rag is below The for sensationalist shit-fake "news". Not surprised you would use it as a source for your "news" I guess.

How about this?
Quote:
Nancy Lanza, 52, was “a big, big gun fan” who went target shooting with her children, according to friends.
"She said she would often go target shooting with her kids," Dan Holmes, owner of the landscaping firm Holmes Fine Gardens, told Reuters.
He recalled that she once showed him a 'high-end rifle' that she had purchased.
'She was very proud of it,' he told the New York Daily News. 'She loved her guns.”
Lanza, 20, killed his mother at the home they shared, shooting her in the face with her own gun, before driving three miles to the school in Newtown, Connecticut.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:06 pm

First and foremost, it has been proven time and time again throughout history that violence begats violence just as negative energy manifest more negative energy. The only way to break cycles of violence, negativity and ignorance is by responding with the opposite. It is one of the hardest things to do in practice and it requires tremendous maturity and discipline in most cases, but it's the only way.

Our society glorifies violence in movies, TV, and video games constantly. Things like love, sex, nudity, and language are censored and demonized. Seems backwards to me- but then again that might be why people like you are shocked when things like this happen and people like me are shocked that it doesn't happen every month.

Regarding the gun war, I have a bitter pill for those of you who want to start taking away guns: it's too late, you've already lost. Tons of guns are out there and you can't get them back. Not actually possible or remotely realistic to think you can, so drop it and start living in reality. Realize that serial killers existed before guns did- so did muggers and rapists and abductor and all manner of killers and brutalizers. The gun didn't wake up with a need to kill children, the mentally ill person did.

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

commercial graphic artist, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist

BACK ALLEY: https://www.facebook.com/backalleysocial
CRUSH COLLECTIVE: http://www.facebook.com/crushmydesign

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:28 am
Profile WWW

Agreed, Ether. I think even the prez understands this from his life in Chicago. Altho he wishes things could be different, proof of his non interest is that he's done nothing about it for his whole political life. And Biden on a new panel of experts? If that isn't a kick the can down the road nothing is.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:17 pm

Eat SHit Fisty!

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]