View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ] 
 greetings 
i've been lurking for a few weeks now, since before i moved out to Minneapolis, and decided i should finally step out of the shadows and say hello...so, um...hello.

i just moved up here about a week ago from Albuquerque, NM where, despite rumors to the contrary, the scene is quite amazing. not as big as the Twin Cities to be sure, but one fabulous club, lots of good local bands and whatnot.

as for me, i'm starting a PhD in medieval literature at UMN, read too much, write when i can, take black and white photos, spend too much time on my computer, make and listen to ebm/synthpop music...the usual suspects.

i've been to Hard Mondays and Thursday night at Ground Zero here so far, and i have to say that i'm incredibly sad that Hard Mondays will be closing. at any rate, i'll be there for the next two weeks, so if anyone sees a new girl-type face with fading purple/blue hair attached to it, feel free to say hello.

gryffyn

Fri Aug 23, 2002 11:48 pm
All I know about the scene in Albuquerque is that apparently a few people in it thought I was creepy when I was in town. Did you know that guy who made the Gother than Thou card game?

Welcome to the Twin Cities!

Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:59 pm
On 2002-08-24 16:59, urbane decay wrote:
All I know about the scene in Albuquerque is that apparently a few people in it thought I was creepy when I was in town.

well, that could be a good thing ;)

Quote:
Did you know that guy who made the Gother than Thou card game?

Hunter? yeah, (everyone knows everyone in the Abq scene, no joke) i lived two doors down from him for awhile. very cool fellow. he also coded tamagothi if you've seen that: http://www.gothic.net/~luvcraft/tamagot ... gothi.html
[/quote]

Quote:
Welcome to the Twin Cities!

thanks,

gryffyn

Sat Aug 24, 2002 5:28 pm
greetings to you. you are one of us now. bwa ha ha ha ha. seriously though, it is always good to meet new people. if i get the chance i shall say hello on Monday.

Sat Aug 24, 2002 6:22 pm
Hunter? yeah, (everyone knows everyone in the Abq scene, no joke) i lived two doors down from him for awhile. very cool fellow. he also coded tamagothi if you've seen that: http://www.gothic.net/~luvcraft/tamagot ... gothi.html

Heh. He's one of the people that thought I was creepy, I think. I know that we didn't like each other. Though I don't know, honestly, how much of that is true because most of it was told after having a falling out with the person who told me the things.
How's that for a convoluted sentence?

Anyway, feel free to say 'hi' sometime at HM. I'm pretty easy to spot and I usually hang out on the porch.

Sun Aug 25, 2002 2:08 pm
Anyway, feel free to say 'hi' sometime at HM. I'm pretty easy to spot and I usually hang out on the porch.

hmmm...so i should be looking for the creepy looking, easy to spot person of unknown gender on the porch at HM? ok. i'll be the one in the black ;)

Sun Aug 25, 2002 9:14 pm

hmmm...so i should be looking for the creepy looking, easy to spot person of unknown gender on the porch at HM? ok. i'll be the one in the black ;)

Sun Aug 25, 2002 9:14 pm

He's the most non-goth guy in the place with the most beautiful lush long hair. . . .

Sun Aug 25, 2002 10:05 pm
Profile WWW
Yeah. I'll be the unfashionably tan fellow with lots of hair and glasses. Chances are that I will be wearing shorts as well.

Also, you could try visiting the website in my profile and browsing the pictures section. There are definitely a few of them.

Mon Aug 26, 2002 12:24 am
Also, you could try visiting the website in my profile and browsing the pictures section. There are definitely a few of them.

actually, you look awfully familiar...maybe i met you when you were in Albuquerque...when were you there and who do you know?

oh...i will now be the one with newly re-purpled hair (and ears, and fingers, and bathroom).

gryffyn

Mon Aug 26, 2002 9:20 am
I was there er... probably Spring of 2001. I don't remember for sure. I was visiting Meg. I brought a movie that everybody hated called <i>The Dark Backward</i> which had Judd Nelson as a three-armed comedian.

Mon Aug 26, 2002 3:12 pm
aha. Meg i know. then you probably would have been there when she was living with Kat? when Kat kicked her out, i moved in there...

"it's a small world...." etc

Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:11 pm
Small world. No kidding. This Kat wouldn't be a nineteen year old redheaded contortionist, would she?

Mon Aug 26, 2002 9:28 pm
On 2002-08-26 21:28, Anonymous wrote:
Small world. No kidding. This Kat wouldn't be a nineteen year old redheaded contortionist, would she?

nope. she's a cute, black and blue haired 23 year old hacker chick. but that sounds interesting too ;)

nice meeting all of you who i met this eve. thanks for dragging me out of the corner.

Mon Aug 26, 2002 11:21 pm
According to Meg, Kat also thought I was creepy! For all I know Meg is lying about most of that. Hard to say. She is kind of kooky.

Sorry I missed you somehow!

Tue Aug 27, 2002 1:07 am
of course. it was a plesure. i hope to see you again when i do. and now you know people to socialize with at the club. so you don't have to be in the corner any longer. :smile:

Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:34 pm
On 2002-08-27 01:07, urbane decay wrote:
According to Meg, Kat also thought I was creepy! For all I know Meg is lying about most of that. Hard to say. She is kind of kooky.

kind of kooky? hmm...in the immortal words of some rap dj or other "that girl is whack!" no offence meant, she really is just a little nutz.

Quote:

Sorry I missed you somehow!

actually, i think i saw you, but Dove and Crimson co-opted me and dragged me off somewhere :wink: next time though.

Tue Aug 27, 2002 3:28 pm
Griffin, Urbane, nice to meet you monday night, sorry i was so... i was weirder than usual...

Damarious, Jezebel, thanks for putting up with me once again (etc)... and Damarious... no mystery pills! :razz:

Crimson, who is SO the opposite of what she was last night

Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:32 pm
Gryffyn-my apologies for taking you all to ourselves. if you don't wish it shall not happen again. :smile:
on the other hand, if you do wish.....

Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:54 pm
On 2002-08-27 19:54, Dove wrote:
Gryffyn-my apologies for taking you all to ourselves.

not a problem at all.

Tue Aug 27, 2002 8:40 pm
No worries, Gryff (figure I'll call you that since you're making R&B references). When I say "kooky," I am demonstrating the tendency Midwesterners have to understate things.

So no offense taken at all.

You probably did see me. I was in a pretty big group of people, though and you may have been distracted by the people singing.

Wed Aug 28, 2002 1:47 am
yeah, urbane seems pretty quiet in maner and appearance. seems really nice though, too ^_^

6.45a
Crimson

Wed Aug 28, 2002 4:37 am

Not by a longshot.

Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:51 am

I saw you (Gryffyn), but was sort of pulled off. I'm a lot nicer than I may have appeared.

Wed Aug 28, 2002 4:13 pm
On 2002-08-28 16:13, Twink wrote:
I saw you (Gryffyn), but was sort of pulled off. I'm a lot nicer than I may have appeared.

yes, i think Dove introduced us briefly...you have green in your hair, no?...or perhaps it was blue...hard to tell under the lights.

Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:04 pm
yep, Twink has a colorful head of hair. by the way Gryffyn, it was great seeing you last night. and meeting Ian.

Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:22 am

it's green and blue and purple. it used to be pink, when i first met him.

Crimson, who thinks Ian and Gryffin are nice.

Fri Aug 30, 2002 8:50 pm
On 2002-08-30 20:50, CrimsonChyld wrote:
Crimson, who thinks Ian and Gryffin are nice.

awww...you're sweet

Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:49 pm

Sat Aug 31, 2002 5:49 pm
you know, i just have to say, i agree with Crimson. it was a pleasure hanging out with you and i look forward to seeing you soon.

Sat Aug 31, 2002 7:56 pm
yes, the sickly one shall be there with her boyfriend, Dove.

Crimson

Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]