View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ] 
 Old time resident, new to scene. 
Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone on the board. I’ve been living in Minneapolis for about 2 years now and am finally deciding to get out and meet some new people.

I used to work at Pandora’s cup, so if you have been their in the past year you most likely have met/seen me. I have a few friends that are turning 21 this month so I plan to be going out to some clubs/out dancing more often.

If you see someone with spiked black hair and leather pants, that's most likely me.

-Eric

Sun Sep 01, 2002 6:58 am

I have lived here exactly one year today--YAAAAYY! and look forward to meeting you mondays at the saloon or thursdays or saturdays at Ground Zero

as far as the black spiked hair and leather pants... like THAT narrows it down... (teasing)

11.07a
Crimson

Sun Sep 01, 2002 8:59 am
i likely have seen you at pandora's. my name is Dove. perhaps i shall see you on Mondays?

Sun Sep 01, 2002 10:07 am
Your profile sez your website is at
http//darkentries.com, might wanna fix that.
-not that I could find it with the 'www' added anyway, unless yours is the Toronto goth site.

Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:58 am
thanks for the update on the url, its not pointing to a working ip right now so it dosent really matter, but by the end of the month I should have all the code ready for use.

Sun Sep 01, 2002 8:08 pm

planning on hosting any sites? :wink:

11.18a
Crimson

Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:09 am
Well since you brought it up. I was planning on bringing this up later, after I met some people and vice versa. Here’s what I always tried in the past.

I have about 6k in computer eq. I have always done my own hosting. What I have tried to do is give hosting out to people for really cheap.

The way it works is the connection cost is about 120.00 a month. Theirs a community cost that is equal for all people in the community. So if theirs 20 people the cost is 120.00 -40.00 (what I pay) / 20 people. So the cost would be about 4 bucks a month for each person. Then when more bandwidth is needed, we upgrade, and everyone pays a little more, but gets better connection speeds.
But the only way it works is if their are over 10 people getting hosting. The last 3 times I have tried this, I was paying about 100.00 a month for my net connection.

And you also get all the benefits of what I have, email, shell account, use of domain names etc.
If you are anyone else is interested, drop me a line urbn@visi.com and who knows, maybe ill start hosting earlier then I expected.

Mon Sep 02, 2002 1:22 pm
heh, well i guess this is where pple say hi , ive been comming here on occasion ever since i met Jessica at a KMFDM concert (im in a bunch of the pictures in the gallery here)

but yeah i figured i would hang out here a little more since most of my darkside friends have moved out of the minneapolis area,

anyway im 22 (23 in about 3 weeks) and i usually always go to all the scarce industrial concerts that come here, and bondage night on occasion, i used to dj live and on college radio and a crappy nightclub which i wont mention, but i mostly just dj on an internet radio show friday at midnight
, so yeah, HI

Mon Sep 02, 2002 6:32 pm
aack what the hell was i thinking!?, although i was at the last 2 kmfdm concerts, i met jessica , and learned about the site at the oHgr Welt concert

DOH!

yeah and i was kind of dissapointed at the last kmfdm show,, poor guys seemed worn out

Mon Sep 02, 2002 6:50 pm
Good to meet you evilgod, I missed the kmfdm show here, and then missed them in chicago because of a breakup in the relationshit I was in at the time, Ive heard great things and really bad things about the show at both places. Welcome to the board.

Mon Sep 02, 2002 7:08 pm

Hmmmm. I met a LOT of people. Though I have my suspicions, who are you?

Mon Sep 02, 2002 7:12 pm
Profile WWW
That was into reply to evilgod right mamagoth?

Mon Sep 02, 2002 7:18 pm
i met you at the ohGr show, you were in front of the pit with your camera, and you gave me your card, and then i wrote down this site on the back of it,

in the gallery here im the guy in the first picture with the black mesh shirt reaching forward across from nivek kneeling at the end of the stage (keep in mind i was half drunk and squished at the time, but the picture of me is good for a laugh)

actually after the show i hung around and was going to talk to tim skold, but he was hitting on a girl by the pool tables, so i turned around to leave and practically walked in to nivek ogre, so i talked to him for a little bit, hes a short guy but very cool

Mon Sep 02, 2002 7:39 pm

Tue Sep 03, 2002 8:47 am
Profile WWW

Urbn, do you always wear a Leatherworks shirt?

Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:29 pm
Twink, A leatherworks shirt? No, I do wear leather pants often, or PVC pants. Shirts vary from what im doing, but mainly shortsleve tight fitting, or a few music t's.

Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:58 pm

Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:39 pm
Yeah that would most likely be me. I thought you ment leatherstrip, but didnt comment on it.

Thu Sep 05, 2002 7:58 pm

I'm certain I've seen you at Pandoras. You were always quite nice indeed, as an employee. I appreciate great customer service.
Where are you from originally?

Me?
Medium Java. Room for cream.
Day old danish.
Lousy tipper.

Regards,
Jim

Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:07 am
Thanx DiJim, I thought I was allways a total prick when I worked their, but I guess I was nicer then I thought :). The most recient place I lived at before I moved to Minneapolis was St.Cloud, which I would advice anyone here never to go to, unless absolutely nessasery.

Thu Sep 12, 2002 12:45 pm

hello my name is Dawn,i moved here almost5 years ago from seattle, don't ask why.i've been in the goth seen since i was 16,LA,portland,seattle,SF and now here.let me tell you how hard it is to meet people like me in minneapolis.(i'm 27 btw)people here are so stuck in their own little groups.it took me 4 years to finally have friends, and i'm a pretty nice person.0n another note this place has the lamest clubs!we should all get together and start our own damn club!HAH!

Sun Dec 01, 2002 2:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW

hEyA Dawn, while it can be difficult to hook up with people here (I know exactly what you're talking about when you mention the "little groups"), don't be afraid to take a chance and introduce yourself every once inna while. I love meeting new people and would enjoy talking with you. We definately need more "get-togethers" within this community, so if you have an idea for a time and place for some of us to hook up, mention it in the Events Planning section. You can almost always count on me showing up. Thanks for making yourself known.

Sun Dec 01, 2002 2:39 pm

You really should start your own thread in this "Introduce Yourself" section since this is urbn's spot.
Just click "New Topic" instead of "Reply".
...And welcome to Gothling :smile:

Sun Dec 01, 2002 3:40 pm

No really, welcome to the board.

As far as meeting people go, if your ever at little t's or pandoras cup introduce your self, im the spiky hair character working, use the code name "member of gothling.com" and I wont shun you right away.

Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:41 am
*is confuzzled* all these places you guys are talking about, where the hell do i find them, and don' tsay "the twin cities" i figured that part out already :razz:. Seriously, I'm so lost, it's not even funny to me, though it probably is to you. Help!

Mon Dec 02, 2002 1:43 am
Good places to know, in uptown minneapolis (this is hennepin and lake street)
Pandoras cup, 25th and hennepin,
St. Sabrinas, 29? and hennepin,
planB 27th and hennepin,
Other places
Extreme noise, lake street and lyndale,
Red Dragon bar, 24? and lyndale,
CC Club, bar 26th and hennepin,
Little tuwannas 26th and lyndale

If your confused where/what uptown is, just ask someone for directions their, they will point you in the right direction.

Mon Dec 02, 2002 3:33 am

are you that thin, dark haired guy that works at Pandora's? If so, you remind me of a gainfully employed Sid Vicious (i mean that as a comlement by the way) :smile:

Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:02 am
Yeah that would be me.I get the sid thing all the time for the past few years now.

Tue Dec 03, 2002 5:18 am

It's time you get your shit together man, you used to be somebody and now your working in a f-ing coffee shop? Get rid of that junky bitch and I'll help you kick heroin.
I might even be able to help you get your bass outta pawn.

Tue Dec 03, 2002 5:36 am

sorry about that, i'm new to this and was confused. : )

Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW

god you're hot! i saw you there the other night. just thought you were hot.bye

Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:52 pm

Don't be so modest urbn, of course it was directed to you! This is your thread! Your the head rooster! "COCKADOODLE-DOO!"

Fri Dec 06, 2002 11:00 pm
Just making sure the fluffing was going to the right ego :)

Sun Dec 08, 2002 3:18 pm

Did you ever get that website up? darkentries.com I think it was?

Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:10 am

yes it was directed at you, you're the guy with the spikey black hair, right???just wanted you to know you're a cutie.

Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Yeah im the spikey hair guy, thanks for the comp.

jamison, as of right now no, I have a few that are up but their all business sites, DarkEntries may or may not be up in a few weeks once I get more greens and start hosting.

Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:09 pm

I've been eager to see it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: +jamison+ on 2002-12-10 04:43 ]</font>

Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:40 am
Well I sent my image to mamagoth so when ever she puts it up you can see the real me.

Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:42 am

Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:48 am
Profile WWW

Hey Urbn, you must work with my best friend Eve, if you work at Pandoras? Right?

Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Sweet, I found my old gothling post when I joined up here :) 2002, blah, too long ago!

Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:55 pm
Profile WWW

Wow, this thread is so old it has mold on it.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:08 pm

Makes me feel nostalgic for the Jamison posts where he was bashing Autonomy
Best one ever?
Autonomy=monotony
I busted a gut for at least 5 minutes on that one
I'm chuckling now

Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]