View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Any old people still around? 
Post Any old people still around?
Greetings-

Some of you probably know me from the Cage, or Ground Zero or First Ave. I lived in the Twin Cites from 1994-1998, and I found some old pictures from back in the days of the Fang Gang when I was dating Stark.

So, now I'm married (to a former gutter punk from Iowa City) and I've got a little boy (Vladimir, age 19 months) and I live in Iowa, and I am so bored. I know I used to have fun, and I suspect some of the people I used to have fun with are still around.

When I lived with Amanda, we used to have parties where people ended up spanking each other with spatulas, and participating in random co-ed nipple groping. Actually, in many ways my experiences then have been useful while taking care of a toddler, both in terms of general weirdness, and getting other people's bodily secretions spattered on me.

I'd love to know what happened to the people I used to know. Also, if anyone would like to see the pictures I found, let me know.

-Denelle

Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:50 pm

I've been going to Zero since 94, so chances are if you were there much that we know each other, but I'm not placing it - maybe post some pictures to refresh the memory. I was the guy who liked to drink alot ;)

Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:15 am

Welcome back, I probably know who you are also ;) I just love your little boy's name! Join in the more the merrier. =^..^=

Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:58 pm
Post old pictures...
I created an album titled "Fangs for the Memories" at:

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mortis ... /my_photos

If you see any familiar faces, let me know.

Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:36 pm

Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:44 pm

Heh. Bahb.

and mark. heh heh... just saw them both last weekend at GZ.

Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:21 pm

bahb looks silly.

mark looks like a big teddy bear trying to be scary.

Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:00 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:36 pm

I'm an old people. All your Ben-Gay are belong to us. Ickprey.

Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:56 pm

You call that "old"? You don't know from old people.

Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:46 pm

Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:06 pm

Wow! Bahb looks really young In that picture.

Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Post it was a long time ago
Yeah, Bahb was 9 years younger then, as we all were.
Mark is a big cuddly teddy-bear. Is Rod still working at GZ too? I remember that Francis moved out to California before I moved to Iowa.

And, yeah, I knew Jaden. Is he still around?

I knew lots of people, and can tell lots of stories, none of which are very helpful for fitting in with the other moms on the playground here in suburban Iowa, like the time a bunch of us almost froze to death on the way home from a NIN concert in La Crosse, or Stark getting caught with a vibrator in a drawer at work, or moonlight swims at the Hidden Beach.

Has anyone seen Claire recently? Is she still 29?

Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:31 pm

Post Re: it was a long time ago
Debauch wrote:
Yeah, Bahb was 9 years younger then, as we all were.
Mark is a big cuddly teddy-bear. Is Rod still working at GZ too? I remember that Francis moved out to California before I moved to Iowa.

I knew lots of people, and can tell lots of stories, none of which are very helpful for fitting in with the other moms on the playground here in suburban Iowa, like the time a bunch of us almost froze to death on the way home from a NIN concert in La Crosse, or Stark getting caught with a vibrator in a drawer at work, or moonlight swims at the Hidden Beach.

Has anyone seen Claire recently? Is she still 29?

Claire. does she have a son named Charles? If so, yeah, she's still 29. like we all are :) i seen her a few months ago.

i wanna hear some Bahb stories!

Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:21 am

You replicated, eh? Scary. Where's pix? Welcome to gothling. :)

---Jabberwocky (yes, the one)

Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:06 am
Profile WWW

Debauch wrote:

I hope not.

Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:21 am

Debauch wrote:
MI knew lots of people, and can tell lots of stories, none of which are very helpful for fitting in with the other moms on the playground here in suburban Iowa, like the time a bunch of us almost froze to death on the way home from a NIN concert in La Crosse,

Yeah, it was rather cold that night. I was at that show too.
That wouldn't be Micah Nelson in your photo page? If so, jesus, there's someone I haven't seen for a while.
Anyway, welcome.

Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:44 pm
Profile WWW
Post Micah
I have no clue what Micah's last name was. He was a bartender at Ground Zero back then.
Weird how I used to be able to identify people by their dental impressions, but I hardly ever knew anyone's last name.

At one point, Amanda went out with three different guys named Brian over the course of a year, and refered to them all by nicknames. I did know Brian Terhark's last name, but only after a few months of refering to him as "The cute one with the blond dreds".
Mark Daley cracked up when I told him Amanda's nickname for Brian King, he said it sounded like one of Robin Hood's Merrymen.
Amanda and I used to be really good friends, but now I don't even know if she's still alive.

Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:53 pm

Yeah, him being a bartender there sounds right, if I remember correctly. That would have been around the time that Hans worked there.

Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:23 pm
Profile WWW

Debauch wrote:

I've seen him twice in the last couple of months, most recently a few weeks ago. He's moved off to somewhere (I dont remember where), but apparently makes it down every so often...

Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:52 pm

Post Re: old pictures...
Debauch wrote:
I created an album titled "Fangs for the Memories" at:

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mortis ... /my_photos

If you see any familiar faces, let me know.

So I joined gothling this evening just to see those pics, and SWEET JESUS! I've been hearing about that picture of me for a couple of weeks now. Now I know why I always hid from cameras in those days. :P It's good to see some of those pics though, brings me back to the days of us all working at the "Food Casket" on 4th. St.
But yeah, there are many of us who are still around (or have tried to leave and have been sucked back in...), hell just last week I ran into Stark @ Triple Rock.

Good to hear from you again Denelle!!! My email is the same as it was back then (dv8@waste.org) I still venture out on occasion.

p.s. Hello to all (I know & don't know) and even though I joined, doesn't mean I'm online all that much, still don't have a consistant net connection, not until I move out of the woods anyway.

Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:32 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]