View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 *cough* 

after months of living in iowa caring for my cancer-ridden grandmother, i have moved here. this is my father's home, and mine for a few years. i have been here since sunday and have nearly died of boredome. thank god for job hunting.

back to the point of my ramble, does anybody have any suggestions on how to meet people when you are 18 and an early graduate from high school? everyone around my age is in school during the day and at work at night. feh. suggestions and friendly emails appreciated.

love,
cozy

Sun Feb 03, 2002 12:33 am

welcome back to the tc's :smile:

well, i don't have much help for meeting people when you're under 18,
i just turned 21, so i know it's pretty hard.
however, i'm really horrid at meeting people even now that i'm 21, so that's just probably a reflection on my shyness and tendency to run away from people (even if i think they're cool).

but yeah, so this is a pretty pointless post but just wanted to say hi!

*jez*

Sun Feb 03, 2002 10:15 pm
Profile WWW
You need to get out. Places to go when under 21 (by Damarious7x7):

Bon Appetit and see some really horrible bands (and some not-so horrible ones)

Hard Times Cafe

Seward Cafe

Cafe Caffetto

Pandora's Cup coffee shop (mostly under-18s)

Anyone else remember back in the day when you couldn't do anything in this god-forsaken town because the whole damn place is 21+? Where did you go?

Mon Feb 04, 2002 4:39 pm

<3
cozy

everyone feel free to email me, when i'm not job hunting (i have an interview @ ragstock tomorro...aleluiah.) i'm decent pen-pal and a lovey-type person.

Mon Feb 04, 2002 8:09 pm

Ooooo.... Ragstock! yeach. Which one, might I ask?

Thu Feb 07, 2002 12:47 pm

however *sigh*

i just got into a massive car accident yesterday, and until i buy a new car, i don't know if i'll be able to make it there.

my interview went *really* well, if i do say so myself.

he says he'll call me friday-ish and let me know, but he also said i'll be working nights and weekends.

i think i got it...

?

ian is really nice.

i'm going back to being in my lonely corner of the universe. evil ex is trying to ask me to come back...

yikes.

Sun Feb 10, 2002 2:34 am
I grew up in a suburb just north of the cities, moved away in 95 and now i'm back...

hard times is a good suggestion, but does anyone else here miss the poetry slams? it seems like minneapolis used to have a lot more going for it in the way of underground art/poetry. caffetto and urban bean are good coffee houses too.

hmmm... first ave is always good for the all ages shows. used to hang out at minnehaha falls A LOT as well, but i think they're cracking down on people being there late at night.

other than that, i used to run a cit called Hades. spent much time in me room, runs at perkins, what-not.... Speaking of which, Danarchy, are you the same Danarchy of Death Cookie fame...?

Oh, yeah, few others to try... Bryant Lake Bowl, Kinh-do, 7 pools..

Mon Feb 11, 2002 6:14 pm
Sursumcorda is nice and I think there is a place in St. Paul trying to do the Foxfire Lounge (R.I.P.) thing. Fireball or somthing of that nature, haven't had time to check it out yet.

Wed Feb 13, 2002 2:48 pm
Fireball express cafe. Most of the shows are punk/hardcore/crust/NuMetal. Alot of all ages shows.

Sun Sep 01, 2002 6:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]