View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:17 am



Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 
 Introduction. . . 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:16 pm
Posts: 31
Post Introduction. . .
I guess I'm here too, spurred on by Ethel's insistance during her visit to beautiful St. Cloud last week (Or maybe just her invitation).

I know, or have met quite a few here. . . and definitely don't mind meeting more.

I'm a photographer living in St. Cloud. . .mostly happy here, but I wish the clubs and people were closer. I don't mind the noise and the crowds being an hour away.

I'm fairly old school, but living my whole life up here have missed out on a lot of music and am currently (with the help of the internet and my credit card) trying to catch up.

Anyhow, hello. . . .


Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:24 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:47 pm
Posts: 372
Post Re: Introduction. . .
Hellooooo outthere. How is ole St. Cloud these days? Still the party capital of the world? Or am I getting that mixed up with somewhere else?


Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:54 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:16 pm
Posts: 31
Post 
Heh. It's tough when you're nearly 30. I tend to look for places that are quiet and bereft of college students to hang out nowadays. Getting older sucks. :) I assume that 'Cloud is still the same as it's always been.


Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:01 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 5056
Post 
Well I'll be dipped in s.hit and showered in moonshine. We got the package deal. Great to have you in here as well. Watch out for Zom.

He spits.


Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:30 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 4917
Location: S St Paul
Post Re: Introduction. . .
Rachelle Appelle wrote:
How is ole St. Cloud these days? Still the party capital of the world? Or am I getting that mixed up with somewhere else?

Apparently =). Well you're probably not actually mixed up, but your info is outdated. St.Cloud made the "Top 10 list" of party schools in a 1987 issue of Playboy or some such crap. And there was the Great Riot of '88 (snort) that made national news, complete with some wiggly closeups of the dumpster that got lit on fire and the two cars that got rolled over before the cops teargassed the whole city block.

Anyway, welcome Ninevah! Stay safe and avoid those wild'n'crazy SCSU students, they're <i>wild</i>! 'n'<i>crazy</i>!!

--Rob "put that <i>out</i>, foo! It's a slow day in the news!!" Kemmetmueller


Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:50 am
Profile
Post 
i figured i'd say hi as well, even though im new too. i lived in st cloud for a couple of years while attending school... and i personally never saw much of a party going on (my little mary-kay roommate saw enough for both of us though, i believe)...

do you have any sort of website that showcases your photography? i'd love to see, and i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one. while at SCSU, photography was my major, but the program was a joke for the most part.

anyhow, hi!


Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:09 am
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:40 pm
Posts: 541
Location: hell
Post 
hola

_________________
>8]


Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:17 am
Profile ICQ YIM
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:23 pm
Posts: 791
Location: St. Paul
Post 
Yay, a matched set!


Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:12 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:40 am
Posts: 718
Location: St Cloud, MN
Post 
scoundrelle wrote:
while at SCSU, photography was my major, but the program was a joke for the most part.


The program is gone entirely now. At least, there's no photography major. I think they still have classes on photography, though, since students still have to rent manuals.


Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:05 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:49 pm
Posts: 3157
Post 
Ninevah wrote:
Heh. It's tough when you're nearly 30. I tend to look for places that are quiet and bereft of college students to hang out nowadays. Getting older sucks. :) I assume that 'Cloud is still the same as it's always been.


Watch the "getting older" talk, youngster... (heh)

Welcome to the board.

veinsplasher - SCSU Class of '94

_________________
And over the ashes the stories are told
Of witches and werewolves and Oak Island gold


Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:47 pm
Posts: 372
Post Re: Introduction. . .
rskm1 wrote:
Apparently =). Well you're probably not actually mixed up, but your info is outdated. St.Cloud made the "Top 10 list" of party schools in a 1987 issue of Playboy or some such crap. And there was the Great Riot of '88 (snort) that made national news, complete with some wiggly closeups of the dumpster that got lit on fire and the two cars that got rolled over before the cops teargassed the whole city block.



Hehehe, I didn't hear about all that. Maybe I need to go to St. Cloud more often. Playboy can't be wrong :)


Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:38 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:36 pm
Posts: 110
Post 
st. cloud sux

_________________
12 step staircase


Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:47 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:49 pm
Posts: 3157
Post Re: Introduction. . .
rskm1 wrote:
And there was the Great Riot of '88 (snort) that made national news, complete with some wiggly closeups of the dumpster that got lit on fire and the two cars that got rolled over before the cops teargassed the whole city block.


The SCPD used their entire stock of tear gas the first night of the riot. Three house parties on one block busted simultaneously... hundreds dumped onto the street... drunk and nowhere to go. The second night was rainy, burning couches and dumpsters, flipped cars... and the tear gas imported from Minneapolis really stung my sinuses.

_________________
And over the ashes the stories are told
Of witches and werewolves and Oak Island gold


Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:02 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:32 pm
Posts: 457
Post 
Hello, sir. Welcome :)

_________________
This Sh*t Will Fcuk You Up!


Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:37 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:16 pm
Posts: 31
Post 
GodCoversHisEyes wrote:
Well I'll be dipped in s.hit and showered in moonshine. We got the package deal. Great to have you in here as well. Watch out for Zom.

He spits.


Don't waste the moonshine, man.


Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:16 pm
Posts: 31
Post 
scoundrelle wrote:
i figured i'd say hi as well, even though im new too.

do you have any sort of website that showcases your photography? i'd love to see, and i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one. while at SCSU, photography was my major, but the program was a joke for the most part.

anyhow, hi!


Cool, hello. :)

(*EDIT*) . . . Yeah, I suck. . . it's straylightphotography.com *cough*

My website's at http://www.straylightphotography.com

There's really nothing impressive and exciting there. The site was set up to get my biz partner and I more wedding gigs, but since we've decided to go a little different direction. . . the site's being worked on very slowly atm.


Last edited by Ninevah on Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:16 pm
Posts: 31
Post 
bixlee wrote:
st. cloud sux


Amen.


Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:45 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2001 7:00 pm
Posts: 283
Location: Mozambique
Post 
hihihihi!
and welcome!


Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:38 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:40 am
Posts: 718
Location: St Cloud, MN
Post 
Ninevah wrote:


*cough* http://straylightphotography.com *cough*


Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:26 pm
Profile
Post 
laserbitch wrote:
The program is gone entirely now. At least, there's no photography major. I think they still have classes on photography, though, since students still have to rent manuals.

that figures... there were about 4 students in the major when i was there.. hence my attempt at arts education major instead, then my transfer to U of M.


Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:58 am
Post 
Ninevah wrote:
Cool, hello. :)

(*EDIT*) . . . Yeah, I suck. . . it's straylightphotography.com *cough*

My website's at http://www.straylightphotography.com

There's really nothing impressive and exciting there. The site was set up to get my biz partner and I more wedding gigs, but since we've decided to go a little different direction. . . the site's being worked on very slowly atm.


doesn't look so bad... some great shots on there in fact. thanks. my stuff is nothing special either, but that's artists' self-criticism working against us all.


Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:00 am
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 2380
Location: Ehr. well. Im not a local
Post 
Cool photography, man.

I tell ya, bowlers (the hats, that is, or would it be are?) are freaking awesome, and I am warmed to the depths of my heart to see them in use.

Highly underated thingy, the hat. So very useful.

Oh, yeah, and the Cruxshadows have scary hair.

G'dnight.

_________________
Mind crunching rage.


Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:09 am
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:40 am
Posts: 718
Location: St Cloud, MN
Post 
Nemphusi wrote:
I tell ya, bowlers (the hats, that is, or would it be are?) are freaking awesome, and I am warmed to the depths of my heart to see them in use.


I love that bowler, don't wear it as much as I should.
(Yes, that's me wearing the bowler, for reference.)


Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:31 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:16 pm
Posts: 31
Post 
scoundrelle wrote:

doesn't look so bad... some great shots on there in fact. thanks. my stuff is nothing special either, but that's artists' self-criticism working against us all.


Thanks. I tend to look at the images a lot, and they end up looking pretty lame to me. :) I honestly think that as any kind of artist, you can't have enough humility. . . there's always someone with a bigger gun.


Last edited by Ninevah on Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:32 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:16 pm
Posts: 31
Post 
Nemphusi wrote:
Cool photography, man.



Thank you. :)


Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:34 am
Profile
Post 
Like veinsplasher says, watch the "getting older" talk, youngster...

Boomer Goth - SCSU Class of 'never-you-mind-when

and I grew up there too -- before the SCPD Cheif suggested it might be a real nice idea for me to join the military

Welcome to the board.


Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:35 pm
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 1814
Location: S. Minneapolis
Post Re: Introduction. . .
Rachelle Appelle wrote:
rskm1 wrote:
Apparently =). Well you're probably not actually mixed up, but your info is outdated. St.Cloud made the "Top 10 list" of party schools in a 1987 issue of Playboy or some such crap. And there was the Great Riot of '88 (snort) that made national news, complete with some wiggly closeups of the dumpster that got lit on fire and the two cars that got rolled over before the cops teargassed the whole city block.



Hehehe, I didn't hear about all that. Maybe I need to go to St. Cloud more often. Playboy can't be wrong :)


You're kidding?..........right? That place looks and smells boring. But anyways....welcome newbie. :)

_________________
Gangsta goth


Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:38 am
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:15 am
Posts: 241
Location: NE 'burbs
Post 
[quote="scoundrelle"]i figured i'd say hi as well, even though im new too. i lived in st cloud for a couple of years while attending school... and i personally never saw much of a party going on (my little mary-kay roommate saw enough for both of us though, i believe)...


"mary-kay roommate?" I resent that...I prefer the term "social chameleon", thank you very much...

In any event, if I was a "mary-kay roommate," it was due to an identity crisis. St. Cloud is great, if you like to be an Abercrombie-Fitch girl, which I am definitely not. The parties up there consisted of drunken preppy kids hoarding around kegs of horse pee and hip-hop.

Mmm...horse pee and hip-hop...


Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:38 am
Profile
Post 
sunnyrae wrote:
scoundrelle wrote:
i figured i'd say hi as well, even though im new too. i lived in st cloud for a couple of years while attending school... and i personally never saw much of a party going on (my little mary-kay roommate saw enough for both of us though, i believe)...


"mary-kay roommate?" I resent that...I prefer the term "social chameleon", thank you very much...

In any event, if I was a "mary-kay roommate," it was due to an identity crisis. St. Cloud is great, if you like to be an Abercrombie-Fitch girl, which I am definitely not. The parties up there consisted of drunken preppy kids hoarding around kegs of horse pee and hip-hop.

Mmm...horse pee and hip-hop...

hehe, we figured this out. Rae is my *BESTEST* roomie... mary-kay girl was my -first- roommate, who literally sold marykay products and went out to all the frat parties and invited them back while i was dorming n studying. ugh. 'nuff of the clutter on Ninevah's post tho. whee!


Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:21 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.