View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 
 Introduction. . . 

Post Introduction. . .
I guess I'm here too, spurred on by Ethel's insistance during her visit to beautiful St. Cloud last week (Or maybe just her invitation).

I know, or have met quite a few here. . . and definitely don't mind meeting more.

I'm a photographer living in St. Cloud. . .mostly happy here, but I wish the clubs and people were closer. I don't mind the noise and the crowds being an hour away.

I'm fairly old school, but living my whole life up here have missed out on a lot of music and am currently (with the help of the internet and my credit card) trying to catch up.

Anyhow, hello. . . .

Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:24 am

Post Re: Introduction. . .
Hellooooo outthere. How is ole St. Cloud these days? Still the party capital of the world? Or am I getting that mixed up with somewhere else?

Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:54 am

Heh. It's tough when you're nearly 30. I tend to look for places that are quiet and bereft of college students to hang out nowadays. Getting older sucks. :) I assume that 'Cloud is still the same as it's always been.

Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:01 am

Well I'll be dipped in s.hit and showered in moonshine. We got the package deal. Great to have you in here as well. Watch out for Zom.

He spits.

Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:30 am

Rachelle Appelle wrote:
How is ole St. Cloud these days? Still the party capital of the world? Or am I getting that mixed up with somewhere else?

Apparently =). Well you're probably not actually mixed up, but your info is outdated. St.Cloud made the "Top 10 list" of party schools in a 1987 issue of Playboy or some such crap. And there was the Great Riot of '88 (snort) that made national news, complete with some wiggly closeups of the dumpster that got lit on fire and the two cars that got rolled over before the cops teargassed the whole city block.

Anyway, welcome Ninevah! Stay safe and avoid those wild'n'crazy SCSU students, they're <i>wild</i>! 'n'<i>crazy</i>!!

--Rob "put that <i>out</i>, foo! It's a slow day in the news!!" Kemmetmueller

Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:50 am
i figured i'd say hi as well, even though im new too. i lived in st cloud for a couple of years while attending school... and i personally never saw much of a party going on (my little mary-kay roommate saw enough for both of us though, i believe)...

do you have any sort of website that showcases your photography? i'd love to see, and i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one. while at SCSU, photography was my major, but the program was a joke for the most part.

anyhow, hi!

Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:09 am

Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:17 am
Profile ICQ YIM

Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:12 am
Profile WWW

while at SCSU, photography was my major, but the program was a joke for the most part.

The program is gone entirely now. At least, there's no photography major. I think they still have classes on photography, though, since students still have to rent manuals.

Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:05 pm

Heh. It's tough when you're nearly 30. I tend to look for places that are quiet and bereft of college students to hang out nowadays. Getting older sucks. :) I assume that 'Cloud is still the same as it's always been.

Watch the "getting older" talk, youngster... (heh)

Welcome to the board.

veinsplasher - SCSU Class of '94

Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:36 pm

rskm1 wrote:
Apparently =). Well you're probably not actually mixed up, but your info is outdated. St.Cloud made the "Top 10 list" of party schools in a 1987 issue of Playboy or some such crap. And there was the Great Riot of '88 (snort) that made national news, complete with some wiggly closeups of the dumpster that got lit on fire and the two cars that got rolled over before the cops teargassed the whole city block.

Hehehe, I didn't hear about all that. Maybe I need to go to St. Cloud more often. Playboy can't be wrong :)

Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:38 pm

Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:47 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

rskm1 wrote:
And there was the Great Riot of '88 (snort) that made national news, complete with some wiggly closeups of the dumpster that got lit on fire and the two cars that got rolled over before the cops teargassed the whole city block.

The SCPD used their entire stock of tear gas the first night of the riot. Three house parties on one block busted simultaneously... hundreds dumped onto the street... drunk and nowhere to go. The second night was rainy, burning couches and dumpsters, flipped cars... and the tear gas imported from Minneapolis really stung my sinuses.

Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:02 pm

Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:37 am

Well I'll be dipped in s.hit and showered in moonshine. We got the package deal. Great to have you in here as well. Watch out for Zom.

He spits.

Don't waste the moonshine, man.

Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:00 pm

i figured i'd say hi as well, even though im new too.

do you have any sort of website that showcases your photography? i'd love to see, and i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one. while at SCSU, photography was my major, but the program was a joke for the most part.

anyhow, hi!

Cool, hello. :)

(*EDIT*) . . . Yeah, I suck. . . it's straylightphotography.com *cough*

My website's at http://www.straylightphotography.com

There's really nothing impressive and exciting there. The site was set up to get my biz partner and I more wedding gigs, but since we've decided to go a little different direction. . . the site's being worked on very slowly atm.

Last edited by Ninevah on Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:44 pm

st. cloud sux

Amen.

Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:45 pm

and welcome!

Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:38 pm
Profile WWW

*cough* http://straylightphotography.com *cough*

Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:26 pm
The program is gone entirely now. At least, there's no photography major. I think they still have classes on photography, though, since students still have to rent manuals.

that figures... there were about 4 students in the major when i was there.. hence my attempt at arts education major instead, then my transfer to U of M.

Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:58 am
Cool, hello. :)

(*EDIT*) . . . Yeah, I suck. . . it's straylightphotography.com *cough*

My website's at http://www.straylightphotography.com

There's really nothing impressive and exciting there. The site was set up to get my biz partner and I more wedding gigs, but since we've decided to go a little different direction. . . the site's being worked on very slowly atm.

doesn't look so bad... some great shots on there in fact. thanks. my stuff is nothing special either, but that's artists' self-criticism working against us all.

Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:00 am

I tell ya, bowlers (the hats, that is, or would it be are?) are freaking awesome, and I am warmed to the depths of my heart to see them in use.

Highly underated thingy, the hat. So very useful.

Oh, yeah, and the Cruxshadows have scary hair.

G'dnight.

Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:09 am
Profile YIM WWW

I tell ya, bowlers (the hats, that is, or would it be are?) are freaking awesome, and I am warmed to the depths of my heart to see them in use.

I love that bowler, don't wear it as much as I should.
(Yes, that's me wearing the bowler, for reference.)

Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:31 am

doesn't look so bad... some great shots on there in fact. thanks. my stuff is nothing special either, but that's artists' self-criticism working against us all.

Thanks. I tend to look at the images a lot, and they end up looking pretty lame to me. :) I honestly think that as any kind of artist, you can't have enough humility. . . there's always someone with a bigger gun.

Last edited by Ninevah on Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:32 am

Cool photography, man.

Thank you. :)

Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:34 am
Like veinsplasher says, watch the "getting older" talk, youngster...

Boomer Goth - SCSU Class of 'never-you-mind-when

and I grew up there too -- before the SCPD Cheif suggested it might be a real nice idea for me to join the military

Welcome to the board.

Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:35 pm

Rachelle Appelle wrote:
rskm1 wrote:

Hehehe, I didn't hear about all that. Maybe I need to go to St. Cloud more often. Playboy can't be wrong :)

You're kidding?..........right? That place looks and smells boring. But anyways....welcome newbie. :)

Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:38 am
Profile YIM WWW

[quote="scoundrelle"]i figured i'd say hi as well, even though im new too. i lived in st cloud for a couple of years while attending school... and i personally never saw much of a party going on (my little mary-kay roommate saw enough for both of us though, i believe)...

"mary-kay roommate?" I resent that...I prefer the term "social chameleon", thank you very much...

In any event, if I was a "mary-kay roommate," it was due to an identity crisis. St. Cloud is great, if you like to be an Abercrombie-Fitch girl, which I am definitely not. The parties up there consisted of drunken preppy kids hoarding around kegs of horse pee and hip-hop.

Mmm...horse pee and hip-hop...

Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:38 am
scoundrelle wrote:
i figured i'd say hi as well, even though im new too. i lived in st cloud for a couple of years while attending school... and i personally never saw much of a party going on (my little mary-kay roommate saw enough for both of us though, i believe)...

"mary-kay roommate?" I resent that...I prefer the term "social chameleon", thank you very much...

In any event, if I was a "mary-kay roommate," it was due to an identity crisis. St. Cloud is great, if you like to be an Abercrombie-Fitch girl, which I am definitely not. The parties up there consisted of drunken preppy kids hoarding around kegs of horse pee and hip-hop.

Mmm...horse pee and hip-hop...

hehe, we figured this out. Rae is my *BESTEST* roomie... mary-kay girl was my -first- roommate, who literally sold marykay products and went out to all the frat parties and invited them back while i was dorming n studying. ugh. 'nuff of the clutter on Ninevah's post tho. whee!

Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]