View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:56 pm



Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ] 
 Hi all you beautiful and stylish people.... 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:47 pm
Posts: 372
Post Hi all you beautiful and stylish people....
Hi, I am new to the site but definitely not new to the community. I am a local fashion designer who makes a lot of corsets and gothic/victorian inspired clothing. I also do more modern innovative clothing as well. I tend to design with a French flair. If anyone is interested in viewing my work please go to my website. It is a little out of date right now, but I will be adding new pictures very soon since I just had my latest fashion show last month. www.rachelleappelle.com


Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 3269
Post 
I'm not beautiful, but I've been considered to be "stylish".
I don't wear ladies' underwear much anymore though.

I do hope that this is a proper introduction however, not simply an advertisement. Time will tell and you will have the benefit of our doubt.

Bienvenue.


Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:45 pm
Posts: 434
Location: City of Dis
Post 
hello and welcome.


Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:05 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 2380
Location: Ehr. well. Im not a local
Post 
I'm impressed with your work. Good fashion designers are particularly hard to find these days, I especcially like your past and innocent looks. Both very charming. The feather traveling up the arm and to the neck on the innocence piece war particularly interesting.

I myself have dabbled with the idea of going into fashion, however, I wonder if it's too late to learn all the measurement and sowing things.

Oh well, se la ve, or however the hell you say it.

Welcome to the board.

_________________
Mind crunching rage.


Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:20 am
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 1814
Location: S. Minneapolis
Post 
Hey Rach! Glad you decided to join. You should put some pics from your fashion show up. I had fun last night, thanks for joining us at Little T's :)

_________________
Gangsta goth


Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:21 am
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 5056
Post 
Oh great, another designer who doesn't even bother making cool clothes for men. You're just like everyone else. Too much crap for the ladies, who don't even need it, and nothing for the guys, who can't seem to find cool clothes anywhere because no one makes them. Thanks a lot. :-/


Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:51 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 2488
Post 
Love the China Doll dress on your site. Very sexxxy!
I've always wanted an Elvis/Evil Knievil type jump suit but more "space-Age" like. Could you make something like that? When I was younger I was very much looking forward to a future that looked like the movie Logans Run where everyone wore the same thing everyday, but then the hippy's took over and made conformity unfavorable, so now I'm stuck with wearing pajamas everywhere.

Welcome to Gothling Land.


Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:19 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:36 am
Posts: 853
Location: Behind St. Paul
Post 
Love your work! Beautiful! I'll be interested in buying your work. The china doll dress is very sexy.

Welcome to the gothling!

_________________
It is so good to be EVIL!!!


Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 3269
Post 
+jamison+ wrote:
When I was younger I was very much looking forward to a future that looked like the movie Logans Run where everyone wore the same thing everyday, but then the hippy's took over and made conformity unfavorable, so now I'm stuck with wearing pajamas everywhere.

Welcome to Gothling Land.


I will join you in this Brave New World my brother. Uniforms for all.


Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 1814
Location: S. Minneapolis
Post 
GodCoversHisEyes wrote:
Oh great, another designer who doesn't even bother making cool clothes for men. You're just like everyone else. Too much crap for the ladies, who don't even need it, and nothing for the guys, who can't seem to find cool clothes anywhere because no one makes them. Thanks a lot. :-/



Actually she does, she needs to update her site. She does leather work as well. Her brother wore a top she made at the last HM. Leather with buckles. She also made him a tux and top hat. She really needs to put her fashion show pics up.

_________________
Gangsta goth


Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:40 pm
Posts: 541
Location: hell
Post 
hey, good luck on getting your 2nd post

_________________
>8]


Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:33 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Post 
Hey Rach! Good to see you here! Sorry I bugged out of GZ early on Thursday... I was a sleepy boy.


Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:02 pm
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 1814
Location: S. Minneapolis
Post 
evilgod wrote:
hey, good luck on getting your 2nd post



She's just really busy, she'll be back.

_________________
Gangsta goth


Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:47 pm
Posts: 372
Post It's me, Rachelle Appelle
Hi sorry that I just introduced myself with my website. I wasn't trying to advertise. I didn't want to come on and say some bullshit about I like this and I like that. I figured I'm a designer and by viewing my website, that's how people can best get to know me. And yes, I do design men's wear. I usually design women's wear because I make clothing for myself, but I love designing men's wear as well. It's just hard to find men who will wear more interesting clothing above jeans and a T-shirt (or leather pants and a T-shirt). I'm sorry my website it not up to date, I blame that on my boyfriend, he's the one who is the web designer. I have done two fashion shows with men's wear. The first I did last summer at First Ave and I did 3 guys pieces that lite up with neon wires. My latest fashion show from last month I did a full a men's 1800s inspired frockcoat with corset and tophat. All the latest pics will be on my website, you just have to give me some time. I will be graduating from school in a month and a half so along with finishing my website I have to create a full portfolio as well. Thank you for viewing my website.


Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:07 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:47 pm
Posts: 372
Post Little T's was great
Hey Dawn, Little T's was fucking great. We have to do that again. Hopefully we don't get the bitch waittress again.


Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:13 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 5056
Post Re: It's me, Rachelle Appelle
Rachelle Appelle wrote:
I love designing men's wear as well. It's just hard to find men who will wear more interesting clothing above jeans and a T-shirt (or leather pants and a T-shirt). I'm sorry my website it not up to date, I blame that on my boyfriend, he's the one who is the web designer. I have done two fashion shows with men's wear. The first I did last summer at First Ave and I did 3 guys pieces that lite up with neon wires. My latest fashion show from last month I did a full a men's 1800s inspired frockcoat with corset and tophat. All the latest pics will be on my website, you just have to give me some time. I will be graduating from school in a month and a half so along with finishing my website I have to create a full portfolio as well. Thank you for viewing my website.


Well, I am certainly interested in seeing more of your work. It gets depressing trolling around on the internet and not finding a damn decent thing to wear.


Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:32 pm
Posts: 457
Post 
GodCoversHisEyes wrote:
Oh great, another designer who doesn't even bother making cool clothes for men. You're just like everyone else. Too much crap for the ladies, who don't even need it, and nothing for the guys, who can't seem to find cool clothes anywhere because no one makes them. Thanks a lot. :-/


Amen Brother! It's hard to look hot for the ladies when there's NOTHING SEXY TO WEAR! hint, hint


Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 2380
Location: Ehr. well. Im not a local
Post 
Well, if you ever have trouble finding a male model, just mail some clothing down here.

_________________
Mind crunching rage.


Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:26 am
Profile YIM WWW
Post Re: It's me, Rachelle Appelle
GodCoversHisEyes wrote:
Well, I am certainly interested in seeing more of your work. It gets depressing trolling around on the internet and not finding a damn decent thing to wear.


Rachelle's work is kick ass! I've liked almost everything I've seen her wear, too... very hot! I'm also interested in seeing more of her mens stuff...

Redghost was lookin' *whistles!* in her fashion show! ;)


Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:40 am

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:59 pm
Posts: 536
Location: St. Paul
Post 
I'm interested in some stuff as well! And welcome!!!


Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:40 am
Profile
Post 
oh, wow... I know you! I loved the outfit you wore to HM last week! Can't wait to see more. Oh, and welcome to gothling Rach!


Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:31 pm
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 5056
Post 
See. There ya go. ALL these guys are desperate for good clothes. If you start putting a bunch of outfits together, you'll corner the whole market yourself.


Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:33 pm
Profile
Post 
Hey, Rach! Glad to see you here!


Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:46 pm

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:59 pm
Posts: 536
Location: St. Paul
Post 
Yes! Leather pants that taper a bit down towards the ankle, so they fit into my boots for when I'm on the bike...


Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:08 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:47 pm
Posts: 372
Post Oh you all are so nice to me
Thanks everyone for your compliments and words of encouragement. It's good to know I am appreciated. Dawn knows first hand that my work is beautiful and made really well. So if anyone is interested in having something custom designed and made for them let me know. Oh and GodCoversHisEyes, if you want to be the belle of the ball, I'm your woman. I can make you look very manly, but beautiful at the same time all with a stitch of my sewing machine.

Oh and I love my friends. You are all so wonderful to me. Thanks Ryan and Dawn and everyone else. Kisses, but not with tongue because I'm a Christian and only God gets that pleasure.


Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 2488
Post Re: Oh you all are so nice to me
Rachelle Appelle wrote:
Kisses, but not with tongue because I'm a Christian and only God gets that pleasure.


I think you just lost GodCoversHisEyes' business.


Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:43 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:47 pm
Posts: 372
Post Re: Oh you all are so nice to me
+jamison+ wrote:
Rachelle Appelle wrote:
Kisses, but not with tongue because I'm a Christian and only God gets that pleasure.


I think you just lost GodCoversHisEyes' business.


I'm not really a Christian. It's called sarcasm. I grew up in a Baptist household and have since been totally disenfrachised with the whole idea of religion. I think it's a bunch of horse shit. I live my life to the fullest and am a nice, generous person who honestly cares about everyone I know. That's enough for me, I don't need religion to say how I should be toward others.


Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 2488
Post 
I don't know what "shinola" is but it does'nt sound very good.


Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:58 pm
Posts: 352
Post 
Hi Rachelle, any friend of Dawns will be an awesome addition to this forum and the clubs. Good luck with Graduation and your designs are great! I love it when everyone is prettied up, and I am sure you will attract some business after meeting people here! =^..^=


Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 5056
Post Re: Oh you all are so nice to me
+jamison+ wrote:
Rachelle Appelle wrote:
Kisses, but not with tongue because I'm a Christian and only God gets that pleasure.


I think you just lost GodCoversHisEyes' business.


Hey, that isn't fair. I wouldn't discriminate against someone solely based on their wacky superstitions. It's like the christians say (but rarely practice): "Love the sinner, hate the sin."


Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:47 pm
Posts: 372
Post Re: Oh you all are so nice to me
GodCoversHisEyes wrote:
"Love the sinner, hate the sin."


Or better "Hate the sinner, but practice the sin in secret."


Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:54 pm
Profile
Post 
Rachelle -

*abases himself*

I'm so sorry. I just realized that I neglected to welcome you to the board. I'm so embarrased. I started looking at all the cool designs on your website and forgot to go back to your welcome thread.

And here, after you've actually quoted me to other new gothlings, I'm doubly embarassed.

Please have Redghost or someone introduce us. If we have met, I'm not mentally connecting it. But. I'd like to personally complement you on your designs.


Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:29 am
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:47 pm
Posts: 372
Post 
Don't worry Boomer Goth. I'm just glad you like my work :) I'll be at HM on well this Monday. Maybe I'll see you there. I'm also usually at GZ on thursdays. I'm always somewhere by Redghost, Sparklegoth and others.


Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:55 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:23 pm
Posts: 791
Location: St. Paul
Post 
Hey Rachelle -

Those are amazing corsets. Next time you're out, can you get someone to drag you in front of me so I can see one? I'll be at next week's thursday Ground Zero, and probably Hard Mondays as well. I'd LOVE to see one in person close up.

Do you do custom work? Do you work with vinyl?


Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:47 pm
Posts: 372
Post 
Ethel wrote:

Do you do custom work? Do you work with vinyl?


Hi Ethel. All of my corsets are custom made to the client's measurements. I really only like to work that way because then the corset fits the client perfectly. Pretty much all of the designs I do would have to be custom fit to a client because they are very intricate and tailored. I have worked with vinyl before. I also work with leather as well. Both vinyl and leather are tricky to work with so the prices are higher than silk or wool. What I really want to learn how to work with is rubber, but I have not found anyone around here that knows how to work with it.


Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:47 pm
Posts: 372
Post 
If anyone cares to take a look, I finally have my new work up on my website. And cuteypie Redghost is on it too! There will be more pics coming very soon as well!

_________________
MN Fashion Designer (Rachelle Appelle)


Thu May 20, 2004 11:14 pm
Profile
Post 
Very nice work! I enjoyed seeing them in person at your spring show! Thanks again! :)


Fri May 21, 2004 9:40 am

Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:36 am
Posts: 853
Location: Behind St. Paul
Post 
Damn, I love your design!! Dawn looks so adorable.

_________________
It is so good to be EVIL!!!


Fri May 21, 2004 9:51 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.