View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Howdy Yall 
Post Howdy Yall
Nice place you have here. It looks a lot like home

I come to you from a strange and distant land *cough, Tennessee, cough*. I will be in the twin cities over the weekend and am hopeing for some suggestions on where to mingle with my dark and spooky brethren. Also any interesting sights a tourist must see, as it will be my first visit.

Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:30 pm

Come for the culture, stay for the sex. Glad you could swing by. This weekend happens to be CONvergence weekend, which is like some kind of SciFi convention thing or something, for people who are, ummm...into SciFi, or something. I'm not really sure what the point is, but pretty much everyone in the scene will be there, so you may want to check it out. There's a thread or two about it here somewhere.

Saturday nights are typically Ground Zero nights, but, as I said, everyone's going to be at CONvergence. Friday night is Element 27 (or whatever it's called) at First Avenue. And Sunday is the Fourth Of July, which really doesn't mean much around here.

There are plenty of great coffee shops, bars and restaurants as well. You can't spit downtown without hitting one.

Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:05 am

http://www.convergence-con.org/

Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:00 pm

Not everyone will be at convergence. i too suggest element27 on friday and groundZero on saturday. sunday i suggest dive bars in the area such as the CC Club, The Red Dragon in the uptown area.

Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:16 pm

Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:05 pm

Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:21 pm

If you want crowds, greasy foods and some live bands you can head down to the Taste of Minnesota this weekend. It's at the State Capitol in St. Paul.

But I would recomend Convergence.

Playlists

Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:08 pm
Profile WWW

(snark on)Wow, the Taste of MN site's low-grade. I think I've taken better-designed dumps.(snark off)

Anyhow, welcome to the board. Event Planning's mostly MN-focused, while the rest's pretty nationally applicable - well, outside of "looking for" and "buy/sell/trade."

See above for notes on dark and sp00ky goings on this weekend. First Ave tonight, Zero tomorrow, CONvergence as an alternate/supplemental.

Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW

If you drive by the Pirate House on your Minneapolis tour I'll wave.

Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]