View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Moving to MN at the end of summer 
Post Moving to MN at the end of summer
Hello -
I'm Dani. I just graduated from university in May and will likely be relocating to Minneapolis in search of better jobs opportunities. I have a friend there to stay with while i'm getting on my feet, so that is why I've chosen to move to the Twin Cities (and because Western Pennsylvania is devoid of jobs).

Anyways, I was kind of a scenester for the past 6-7 years in Pittsburgh and am hoping to find a place in the one here. I look forward to meeting some of you and checking out the club nights and shows.

I have had radio shows on uni station on and off for the past 3 years and have been involved with a few different music projects (mostly a vocalist). My favourite music genres are neofolk, industrial, darkwave, shoegazer, new wave, post-punk, power noise, and electroclash
i'm kind of developing a slight obsession w/ the dresden dolls as of late...

Aside from being a goth/industrial subculture denizen, I am interested in feminism, dark humor, activism, leftism, reading, sociology, kitsch, queer theory, vegetarianism, and a bunch of other things - visit www.subkultures.net/winterfae or my lj (agapelust) to learn more about me.

Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:19 am

we have jobs? this is new to me, well good luck to ya. and wellcome

Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:38 am

pittsburgh is awesome. i've been there once.

Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:17 am
Profile ICQ WWW

Oh yeah, we don't even have half the post-apocalyptic charm of Pittsburgh, but our share of young and pretty people. And as an added bonus, since you're moving from one swing-state to the next, your vote will do good in either place! :D

(And yes, our economy will be better than your region... sadly. I moved back here from the Northwest for the same reason.)

Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:00 am

Welcome. Good luck in finding a job, they do exist but you'll have to work at it. The scene here, although seemingly small, is actually very alive (for now). You'll meet so many people here, it's nuts. Check out the thread "From Denver to Mpls", where myself and others give a very detailed account of the club nights, etc. Oh, and hop over to the Musica Nocturna board and tell us about your favorite bands/shows/etc.

Again, good luck and hope to meet you :)

Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:27 am
pittsburgh is awesome. i've been there once.

i do like pittsburgh, but the job market sucks. plus, i'm ready to see more of the world and be closer to my best friend - we have this great symbiotic relationship when we are in the same area and i think i could use that right now.

Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:17 pm
Oh yeah, we don't even have half the post-apocalyptic charm of Pittsburgh, but our share of young and pretty people. And as an added bonus, since you're moving from one swing-state to the next, your vote will do good in either place! :D

(And yes, our economy will be better than your region... sadly. I moved back here from the Northwest for the same reason.)

I will miss the obscene amount of rain and the post-industrial wasteland feel, oddly enough. but new is good! i was in minneapolis during my spring break and think i can find a niche there. i was considering doing this americorp job in the northwest, but then thought that i might not be financiall stable enough to try to live on their stipend. I have a car and insurance and some consumer debt.
but yeah - i'm glad it is a swing state, too

Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:22 pm

Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:02 pm

Welcome, sounds like you will fit right in.

Playlists

Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:26 am
Profile WWW

Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:36 pm

Holy crap. I just googled queer theory. I was going to post some idiot response like what the feck is queer theory but then I decided to stop pretending to be such a cad and found a bunch of interesting stuff. Of course I could of figured it out in the first place. Theory is in the dictionary. I've never heard that term before. *sigh* The didn't have queer theory on the GED.

Oh. Welcome.

Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:22 am

Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:26 am

Holy crap. I just googled queer theory. I was going to post some idiot response like what the feck is queer theory but then I decided to stop pretending to be such a cad and found a bunch of interesting stuff. Of course I could of figured it out in the first place. Theory is in the dictionary. I've never heard that term before. *sigh* The didn't have queer theory on the GED.

Oh. Welcome.

Same here Profondo, well I wasn't going to post about it, but I find it fascinating :) I've been pouring over stuff, this really has my interest :)

Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:02 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

Hey, they don't still have that zombie problem out there in Pittsburgh, do they? I've never actually seen any zombies around here. That might be an adjustment, I think. I know, it's cool to be goth and everything, but having zombies running around your malls and stuff would really get old after awhile, I think.. :D

Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:58 pm
So, I'm a new girl in town and will be attending Saloon's Monday thing. I will mostly likely have purple and black and lavender dreadfalls. If you see me, feel free to say hello and make the new girl feel welcome and stuff. Thanks!

Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:32 pm

Post Welcome! :)
Can I welcome someone to somewhere I'm not... hmm... :)

Well, my heart is there... and I still want to talk to you sometimes regarding that whole third gender thing :)

Jeff/Carpathian

Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:59 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]