View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Moving to MN from europe 
Post Moving to MN from europe
well... i am canadian, when i was 7 i moved to england, then moved to the US (MN) for 2 years, then moved here, to greece, where i have lived for 2.5 years, and on the 29th of august i move back to MN... Im a goth and really lookforward to meeting some people who will not instantly cast me aside for that reason, which is what i found happen in MN 3 years ago. Im 16 and am going to school, and just am intrested in metin some ppl... so thats me, HI!

Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:44 am

Well, stick with this board and you'll meet so many damn people it will make you sick of going out.

Worked for me.

Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:45 pm
Post sounds good
just out of curiosity, as i heard alot about drinking and other under 21 and under 18 laws in the US, is there alot to do for a 16 year old?

Im used to a life here in greece where i go to clubs (like proper clubs downtown) atleast 2 times a month, and always drink with friends wherever... not knowing peoples ages, what is the lifestyle like for a minor (under 18), what can i do (legaly), (not so legaly), and what will i not be able to do?

thanks for the info.

Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:21 pm

Welcome! It must be hard to leave such a beautiful place as Greece...And as far as legalities and such...Until you're 18, you can't smoke or have a full driver's license (it's provisional until then). And to drink, you must be 21. And since nearly all dance clubs serve alcohol...minors are pretty much relegated to the malls and coffee shops.

Welcome to the United States. Have fun!

Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:38 pm
yeah, well to be honest, greece is not the most beautiful place 90 percent of the time, i personally find the trees and grass much more beautiful more of the time than greece. The olympics has made this place just construction non-stop. I loved the lakes and the beauty around there. I remember almost every other day i used to bike around 3 lakes near where i lived (lake of the isles, calhoun and hariot (sp?))... Well as for smoking and drinking, i assume there are ways to get around thoes things, but really? malls? ekkk... im reminded of kevin smith's mallrats.

Thank you very much for the info

Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:45 pm
Don't diss the mallrats it was filmed here in MN at Eden Prarie center actually. But if you didn't know that as a MN resident you have lived in a hole your whole life.

Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:07 pm
Post well...
I did! Im a big kevin smith fan and i always loved that i could actually go to the mall where he filmed mallrats. Somthin i kinda lookforward too (actually i look forward to malls in general, kinda fun)

Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:50 am

I always think it's funny when people say, "Ooooh, such-and-such a place is so beautiful, and so much more interesting than this place." And then someone from such-and-such says, "Nah, it's not really beautiful or interesting."

Cracks me up every time.

Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:31 am
Post oh its interesting
it is interesting, but being under construction for the olympics means it isnt beautiful unless you know where to look. Sure you will find nice kodak moments, and all that but it really isnt. Im sorry if i came off negitivly like just saying 'nah your wrong,' i just wanted to point out that the olympics really had a negitive effect on the beauty of the place.

It is very interesting and historical. The sites in delphi, and olympia are extreemly interesting, (for example, did you know that the fortune teller of delphi would smoke opium which would create a 'trance' for her to read the future in?) its just the beauty is somthing i personally find you have more of in MN.

Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:07 pm

Welcome:) There's really not a whole lot to do here for people under 21. Maybe a house party here and there. (If the person throwing the party doesn't mind under age kids). I think coffee shops are your best options. You can meet people your age at those places. Spy house, Bob's Java Hut, Muddy Water, and a few others. They usually close around 11pm or midnight.

Sometimes people have movie night at their house and you should check event planning often :) Good luck.

Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]