View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:32 am



Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
 I've got that "new member" smell! 
Author Message
Post I've got that "new member" smell!
Just wanted to say "hey". I'm Steph, and obviously I'm new around here... I'm just now starting to have a life outside of work again, so here I am.

And seriously, is there anything I can say in an introduction that's not going to sound lame as hell? I think not. I'll stop while I'm only slightly behind.


Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:16 pm
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 2488
Post 
Welcome to Gothling, Steph.
You smell terrific.


Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:42 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:49 pm
Posts: 3157
Post 
Welcome. Whattaya do for fun?

_________________
And over the ashes the stories are told
Of witches and werewolves and Oak Island gold


Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:33 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 2380
Location: Ehr. well. Im not a local
Post 
Steph, you're assuming that it's possible for someone not to sound lame on this board.

Take it from me, it just ain't possible. So, go wild.

_________________
Mind crunching rage.


Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:47 pm
Posts: 372
Post Re: I've got that "new member" smell!
welcome to the circus that is gothling

_________________
MN Fashion Designer (Rachelle Appelle)


Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:51 pm
Profile
Post 
Thanks, Jamison!


Veinsplasher- I’m so damn lame, I don’t even know what I do for fun anymore. I used to club and drink excessively in another life (read: college) but then working 24/7 kinda killed that. What about you?

Nemphusi- Well, you seem to be pulling off the “not lame” thing pretty well here… and trust me, telling me to “go wild” might not be the best idea. I have this wonderful ability to shove my foot so far into my mouth I can kick myself in the butt.

Rachelle – Thanks! I just took a look at your link, and DAMN you’re talented. I absolutely LOVE “I am Innocence” and “The Muse”… beautiful.


Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:22 am
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:49 pm
Posts: 3157
Post 
Innocence wrote:
Veinsplasher- I’m so damn lame, I don’t even know what I do for fun anymore. I used to club and drink excessively in another life (read: college) but then working 24/7 kinda killed that. What about you?


Hey, this ain't about me.

Show up at some of the events posted on here, and you'll learn more about the rest of us.

_________________
And over the ashes the stories are told
Of witches and werewolves and Oak Island gold


Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:49 am
Profile
Post 
veinsplasher wrote:

Hey, this ain't about me.

Show up at some of the events posted on here, and you'll learn more about the rest of us.


Just tryin' to make conversation. I get all uncomfortable-like when people start asking me questions about myself and I know nothing about them...

And I will surly start showing up to events. I'm already looking forward to the Goth Prom...


Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:54 am
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:49 pm
Posts: 3157
Post 
This is a self-centered thread... so you're supposed to spill it all... or your post will slip into the archives.

Don't wait all 58 days until you hit an event. Goth prom is a long way off.

_________________
And over the ashes the stories are told
Of witches and werewolves and Oak Island gold


Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:41 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 5056
Post 
What stinks?


Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 1814
Location: S. Minneapolis
Post 
Welcome, how old are you, where are you from, what are you going to school for, what are your hobbies?

_________________
Gangsta goth


Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:47 am
Profile YIM WWW
Post 
Redghost wrote:
Welcome, how old are you, where are you from, what are you going to school for, what are your hobbies?



Heh... I'm 24, and therefore done with college. I went to Gustavus Adolphus and got a degree in English and one in Sociology. Hobbies include piercing, lacrosse, and... er... sleeping, I guess. I'm from southern MN, though no one has heard of my town... Let's just say I'm about 15 minutes from Faribault. I'm actually pretty painfully shy, so I'm just now working my way back into being the social creature I once was..


Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:05 pm
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:51 pm
Posts: 315
Post 
Welcome.


Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:47 pm
Posts: 372
Post 
Heh... I'm 24, and therefore done with college. I went to Gustavus Adolphus and got a degree in English and one in Sociology. Hobbies include piercing, lacrosse, and... er... sleeping, I guess. I'm from southern MN, though no one has heard of my town... Let's just say I'm about 15 minutes from Faribault. I'm actually pretty painfully shy, so I'm just now working my way back into being the social creature I once was..[/quote]

Yeah so I'm 24 too and from a small town, don't feel so bad about yourself. I'm sure I know your hometown...I'm from Waseca--I'm guessing you are from Owatonna or Medford or maybe Waterville. Do I get a cookie:) Thanks for the compliments on my site, there shall be new stuff put on it soon since I just got finished with a photoshoot. Hopefully I meet you before gothprom.

_________________
MN Fashion Designer (Rachelle Appelle)


Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:40 am
Posts: 718
Location: St Cloud, MN
Post 
Welcome! My cousin and my aunt live in Faribault. Nice town.


Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:39 am
Profile
Post 
Rachelle Appelle wrote:
Yeah so I'm 24 too and from a small town, don't feel so bad about yourself. I'm sure I know your hometown...I'm from Waseca--I'm guessing you are from Owatonna or Medford or maybe Waterville. Do I get a cookie:) Thanks for the compliments on my site, there shall be new stuff put on it soon since I just got finished with a photoshoot. Hopefully I meet you before gothprom.


Actually, Northfield. Not too tiny, but not what one would call a center of population.

And I am looking at other things to go to... problem is, I am actually pretty painfully shy in situations where I know no one. I'm sure I'll quit being a pansy, show up at something, and get over the shy thing.

OH! I'll be looking forward to the new designs!


Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:15 am
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 2488
Post 
Innocence wrote:
Actually, Northfield. Not too tiny, but not what one would call a center of population.


I used to work at the Laura Baker School in Northfield.


Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:22 pm
Profile
Post 
+jamison+ wrote:
Innocence wrote:
Actually, Northfield. Not too tiny, but not what one would call a center of population.


I used to work at the Laura Baker School in Northfield.



Dear Sweet Jesus. I'm sorry. I hear they aren't exactly nice to their employees, nor do they pay them well.


Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:47 pm
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 2488
Post 
Innocence wrote:
Dear Sweet Jesus. I'm sorry. I hear they aren't exactly nice to their employees, nor do they pay them well.


The only people I heard complain were the kids from Carlton or St. Olaf. True, they pay wasn't great but I really enjoyed working there. After a while the clients seem like your own children.


Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 1814
Location: S. Minneapolis
Post 
Innocence wrote:
Rachelle Appelle wrote:
Yeah so I'm 24 too and from a small town, don't feel so bad about yourself. I'm sure I know your hometown...I'm from Waseca--I'm guessing you are from Owatonna or Medford or maybe Waterville. Do I get a cookie:) Thanks for the compliments on my site, there shall be new stuff put on it soon since I just got finished with a photoshoot. Hopefully I meet you before gothprom.


Actually, Northfield. Not too tiny, but not what one would call a center of population.

And I am looking at other things to go to... problem is, I am actually pretty painfully shy in situations where I know no one. I'm sure I'll quit being a pansy, show up at something, and get over the shy thing.

OH! I'll be looking forward to the new designs!


Just have a couple of shots of Jag and you'll be set ;)

_________________
Gangsta goth


Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Post 
Redghost wrote:

Just have a couple of shots of Jag and you'll be set ;)


Heh... no good. Ever notice that some of the worst stories begin "so I was doing shots of Jag..."


Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:37 pm
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:01 am
Posts: 33
Post 
Well I grew up no where near or have even heard of fairbault. Anyway.. welcome, welcome!!


Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:24 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 1814
Location: S. Minneapolis
Post 
Innocence wrote:
Redghost wrote:

Just have a couple of shots of Jag and you'll be set ;)


Heh... no good. Ever notice that some of the worst stories begin "so I was doing shots of Jag..."


That's all I drink when I go out. Ask anyone :P

Just show up and I'll make sure you feel at home. :)

_________________
Gangsta goth


Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:52 pm
Posts: 251
Post 
Innocence wrote:
problem is, I am actually pretty painfully shy in situations where I know no one. I'm sure I'll quit being a pansy, show up at something, and get over the shy thing. !


There are quite a few other painfully shy people around those they do not know also in these parts. Seems to be a part of the gothling condition.

Don't Worry

Say you ate some bad sushi, and that caused you to act all weird around new people. (true story)

Welcome to the board!


Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:01 am
Posts: 33
Post 
Redghost wrote:
Innocence wrote:
Redghost wrote:

Just have a couple of shots of Jag and you'll be set ;)


Heh... no good. Ever notice that some of the worst stories begin "so I was doing shots of Jag..."


That's all I drink when I go out. Ask anyone :P

Just show up and I'll make sure you feel at home. :)


It's true.. although she does chase it with a beer every now and then


Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:02 pm
Profile
Post 
darkjuan - I think it's probably best you don't know about Faribault... by about 8 every night the river starts to give off this horrible funk... it's not a good time. It also scares mea little that RedGhost is KNOWN for the jag-drinking. I'm more of a Gray Goose kinda girl myself...


RedGhost- I think you and I could get though a nice chilled bottle of the Jag sometime. I'll make sure to look to you to help me through my pansy-stephness at my first Gothling event.


Gothic_1520 - Bad sushi you say? I'll file that in my list of reasons to act like a complete and utter moron (and mind you, I do it pretty often). Thanks for the welcome!


Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:23 am
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:47 pm
Posts: 372
Post 
Innocence wrote:

Actually, Northfield. Not too tiny, but not what one would call a center of population.

And I am looking at other things to go to... problem is, I am actually pretty painfully shy in situations where I know no one. I'm sure I'll quit being a pansy, show up at something, and get over the shy thing.

OH! I'll be looking forward to the new designs!


I went to St. Olaf for 2 years and I worked at the Rube. I know Northfield well and I miss it:( Hey, I'm doing a fashion show at First Ave in May and I'm looking for models if you are interested--pm me.

_________________
MN Fashion Designer (Rachelle Appelle)


Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:20 pm
Profile
Post 
Rachelle Appelle wrote:
Innocence wrote:

Actually, Northfield. Not too tiny, but not what one would call a center of population.

And I am looking at other things to go to... problem is, I am actually pretty painfully shy in situations where I know no one. I'm sure I'll quit being a pansy, show up at something, and get over the shy thing.

OH! I'll be looking forward to the new designs!


I went to St. Olaf for 2 years and I worked at the Rube. I know Northfield well and I miss it:( Hey, I'm doing a fashion show at First Ave in May and I'm looking for models if you are interested--pm me.


Oh, bad idea... Stephanie = NOT CUTE.


Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:54 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.