View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
 I've got that "new member" smell! 
Post I've got that "new member" smell!
Just wanted to say "hey". I'm Steph, and obviously I'm new around here... I'm just now starting to have a life outside of work again, so here I am.

And seriously, is there anything I can say in an introduction that's not going to sound lame as hell? I think not. I'll stop while I'm only slightly behind.

Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:16 pm

You smell terrific.

Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:42 pm

Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:33 pm

Steph, you're assuming that it's possible for someone not to sound lame on this board.

Take it from me, it just ain't possible. So, go wild.

Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: I've got that "new member" smell!
welcome to the circus that is gothling

Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:51 pm

Veinsplasher- I’m so damn lame, I don’t even know what I do for fun anymore. I used to club and drink excessively in another life (read: college) but then working 24/7 kinda killed that. What about you?

Nemphusi- Well, you seem to be pulling off the “not lame” thing pretty well here… and trust me, telling me to “go wild” might not be the best idea. I have this wonderful ability to shove my foot so far into my mouth I can kick myself in the butt.

Rachelle – Thanks! I just took a look at your link, and DAMN you’re talented. I absolutely LOVE “I am Innocence” and “The Muse”… beautiful.

Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:22 am

Veinsplasher- I’m so damn lame, I don’t even know what I do for fun anymore. I used to club and drink excessively in another life (read: college) but then working 24/7 kinda killed that. What about you?

Hey, this ain't about me.

Show up at some of the events posted on here, and you'll learn more about the rest of us.

Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:49 am

Hey, this ain't about me.

Show up at some of the events posted on here, and you'll learn more about the rest of us.

Just tryin' to make conversation. I get all uncomfortable-like when people start asking me questions about myself and I know nothing about them...

And I will surly start showing up to events. I'm already looking forward to the Goth Prom...

Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:54 am

This is a self-centered thread... so you're supposed to spill it all... or your post will slip into the archives.

Don't wait all 58 days until you hit an event. Goth prom is a long way off.

Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:41 pm

Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:48 pm

Welcome, how old are you, where are you from, what are you going to school for, what are your hobbies?

Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:47 am
Profile YIM WWW
Welcome, how old are you, where are you from, what are you going to school for, what are your hobbies?

Heh... I'm 24, and therefore done with college. I went to Gustavus Adolphus and got a degree in English and one in Sociology. Hobbies include piercing, lacrosse, and... er... sleeping, I guess. I'm from southern MN, though no one has heard of my town... Let's just say I'm about 15 minutes from Faribault. I'm actually pretty painfully shy, so I'm just now working my way back into being the social creature I once was..

Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:05 pm

Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:05 am

Heh... I'm 24, and therefore done with college. I went to Gustavus Adolphus and got a degree in English and one in Sociology. Hobbies include piercing, lacrosse, and... er... sleeping, I guess. I'm from southern MN, though no one has heard of my town... Let's just say I'm about 15 minutes from Faribault. I'm actually pretty painfully shy, so I'm just now working my way back into being the social creature I once was..[/quote]

Yeah so I'm 24 too and from a small town, don't feel so bad about yourself. I'm sure I know your hometown...I'm from Waseca--I'm guessing you are from Owatonna or Medford or maybe Waterville. Do I get a cookie:) Thanks for the compliments on my site, there shall be new stuff put on it soon since I just got finished with a photoshoot. Hopefully I meet you before gothprom.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:29 am

Welcome! My cousin and my aunt live in Faribault. Nice town.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:39 am
Yeah so I'm 24 too and from a small town, don't feel so bad about yourself. I'm sure I know your hometown...I'm from Waseca--I'm guessing you are from Owatonna or Medford or maybe Waterville. Do I get a cookie:) Thanks for the compliments on my site, there shall be new stuff put on it soon since I just got finished with a photoshoot. Hopefully I meet you before gothprom.

Actually, Northfield. Not too tiny, but not what one would call a center of population.

And I am looking at other things to go to... problem is, I am actually pretty painfully shy in situations where I know no one. I'm sure I'll quit being a pansy, show up at something, and get over the shy thing.

OH! I'll be looking forward to the new designs!

Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:15 am

Actually, Northfield. Not too tiny, but not what one would call a center of population.

I used to work at the Laura Baker School in Northfield.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:22 pm
Innocence wrote:

I used to work at the Laura Baker School in Northfield.

Dear Sweet Jesus. I'm sorry. I hear they aren't exactly nice to their employees, nor do they pay them well.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:47 pm

Dear Sweet Jesus. I'm sorry. I hear they aren't exactly nice to their employees, nor do they pay them well.

The only people I heard complain were the kids from Carlton or St. Olaf. True, they pay wasn't great but I really enjoyed working there. After a while the clients seem like your own children.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:37 pm

Rachelle Appelle wrote:

And I am looking at other things to go to... problem is, I am actually pretty painfully shy in situations where I know no one. I'm sure I'll quit being a pansy, show up at something, and get over the shy thing.

Just have a couple of shots of Jag and you'll be set ;)

Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Heh... no good. Ever notice that some of the worst stories begin "so I was doing shots of Jag..."

Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:37 pm

Well I grew up no where near or have even heard of fairbault. Anyway.. welcome, welcome!!

Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:24 pm

Redghost wrote:

Heh... no good. Ever notice that some of the worst stories begin "so I was doing shots of Jag..."

That's all I drink when I go out. Ask anyone :P

Just show up and I'll make sure you feel at home. :)

Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW

problem is, I am actually pretty painfully shy in situations where I know no one. I'm sure I'll quit being a pansy, show up at something, and get over the shy thing. !

There are quite a few other painfully shy people around those they do not know also in these parts. Seems to be a part of the gothling condition.

Don't Worry

Say you ate some bad sushi, and that caused you to act all weird around new people. (true story)

Welcome to the board!

Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:03 am

Innocence wrote:
Redghost wrote:

That's all I drink when I go out. Ask anyone :P

Just show up and I'll make sure you feel at home. :)

It's true.. although she does chase it with a beer every now and then

Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:02 pm
darkjuan - I think it's probably best you don't know about Faribault... by about 8 every night the river starts to give off this horrible funk... it's not a good time. It also scares mea little that RedGhost is KNOWN for the jag-drinking. I'm more of a Gray Goose kinda girl myself...

RedGhost- I think you and I could get though a nice chilled bottle of the Jag sometime. I'll make sure to look to you to help me through my pansy-stephness at my first Gothling event.

Gothic_1520 - Bad sushi you say? I'll file that in my list of reasons to act like a complete and utter moron (and mind you, I do it pretty often). Thanks for the welcome!

Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:23 am

I went to St. Olaf for 2 years and I worked at the Rube. I know Northfield well and I miss it:( Hey, I'm doing a fashion show at First Ave in May and I'm looking for models if you are interested--pm me.

Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:20 pm
Innocence wrote:

I went to St. Olaf for 2 years and I worked at the Rube. I know Northfield well and I miss it:( Hey, I'm doing a fashion show at First Ave in May and I'm looking for models if you are interested--pm me.

Oh, bad idea... Stephanie = NOT CUTE.

Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]