View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 Whaddya know? There's life here... 

Post Whaddya know? There's life here...
Stopped, dropped & rolled in. Drifted through a few times, but now's the time for all good goths to be bar coded, get on the bandwagon and light it ablaze. Pretension seems to abound, but nuggets of gold can be panned, if the spirit is willing. Do not go gently into that dark goodnight, but kick, scream and draw the blood of your enemies. Remember that you are never more alone than when you are farthest from yourself.

Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:57 am

Post Re: Whaddya know? There's life here...
rev wrote:
Remember that you are never more alone than when you are farthest from yourself.

Oooooh....Me likes!

Welcome aboard.

Tell us a little about yourself, like where you're from, what you do, favorite kink/fetish, boxers/briefs/thong...sorry...It's 2 am and I'm a little punchy (but the point stands!).

Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:06 am

rev wrote:
Pretension seems to abound,

anyone else find that amusing?

WTG

Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:25 am
Profile YIM

Post Who? Me?
So ya want more stats, facts & fallacies about me? Careful what ya ask for... :)

Freelance artist with a day job (aren't we all?). Old enough to know not to give away my age, but cryogenic freezing has kept me looking younger than I should. Cynical & pessimistic, but my favorite pastime is to laugh, mostly at others, but often enough at myself. I live in St. Paul and love to visit Mpls, but wouldn't live there for all the blood in the Red Cross storage.

Preferences: Briefs not boxers; chocolate not spumoni; leather not taffeta; houdini not copperfield; black not hawaiian print; Evil Dead 2 not Oprah. Kinks and fetishes are the usual suspects: leather & wax, whips, chains and hand grenades... though my toybox is always growing. Throw in the kama sutra, some chocolate syrup and a little ice and you've got the beginnings of a fine night ahead. (A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down the pants... )

Reading: Fight Club is God and Hunter Thompson died for my sins. I'm a crack ho' for the writings of Harlan Ellison, but will still put out for the aforementioned, H. Thompson, Chuck Palahniuk, Andrew Vachss, Irvine Welsh & occasionally, William Burroughs.

Pastimes: comic books, painting, good music (highly subjective, given this board), walkin' the dogs, loathing politics, writing, scrounging, coffee, conversation and deafening colors.

Not much of a group animal; practically a hermit, truth be told. I wasn't going to 'join' this board, but thought I'd give it a go and try to play nice with others of a seemingly similar ilk. I hate the pretensions, but figure that my overblown opinion would surely fit in with the amusing and motley assortment I've already seen.

Thanks for the welcome and enjoy the sardines!

rev

Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:17 pm

Post Re: Who? Me?
rev wrote:
Freelance artist with a day job (aren't we all?).

nope. we aren't all.

hi! n stuff.

Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:42 pm
Profile WWW

jezebel wrote:
rev wrote:
Freelance artist with a day job (aren't we all?).

nope. we aren't all.

Then you're my new personal hero!
I may still have the day schtick while freelancing (love those 20 hour days!), but I'm tryin' to get the freelance up.... I'm tryin' reeeal hard, Ringo...

Hey, Howdy, Hi...!

Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:42 am

Hi and not all of us are pretentious and there is nothing wrong with being a freelance artist with a day job. For me it just means I have 3 jobs and one of them I don't have to pay taxes on.

Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:36 pm

I didn't mean to imply or insinuate that everyone was pretentious, though there are a few voices here that carry that tone... I just happen to have a strong tendency to insert my foot in my mouth that occasionally comes off rougher than I intend.

As for artwork, I'm merely trying to be realistic about the joy of freelance while tied to the reality of paying the billz. I've been fortunate to be quite busy with illustration & design work lately, though it's been low pay/paying my dues/build the portfolio work. But again, I'm not complaining, since it's a stepping stone and a learning experience that I'm lucky enough to enjoy doing. And though I wouldn't trade it for the world (except for full ownership of Duluth, maybe...), the long hours get a little, well, long. A night now and then to meditate and vegitate would be a nice change.

Gawd, I'm whining. Shoot me now and shut me up...

PS: Very nice work! I particularly like 'I am Innocence', 'The Bride' & 'The Groom' !

Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:42 am

I'm pretentious enough for the whole lot. But then, that makes me gother than everyone else.

Welcome.

Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:48 am
Profile WWW

drok_vox wrote:
rev wrote:

WTG

More that you answered, as you are the master of that particular aspect of the board.

Wow, Rev. You may just be the most random person to come to this board. I like that a lot, actually.

Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:45 am
Profile YIM WWW

Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:32 am
Profile WWW

Nemphusi wrote:
drok_vox wrote:
rev wrote:

WTG

More that you answered, as you are the master of that particular aspect of the board.

calling me pretentious is pretentious.

Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:59 pm
Profile YIM

Good Lord, this feels like Groucho Marx playing 'You Bet Your Life'... and the secret word is 'pretentious' ! (Where's the duck!?) I think I'd get less attention by dousing myself with deer blood and walking naked into a bear den than I have by using 'the word'. :)

Thanks for the greetins, y'all. (hmmm, 'y'all' isn't really goth, now is it?). I feel so at home here, I could almost write a poem with my eyeliner... almost.

Thanks for the 'Random' complement, Nemphusi. I think that my Chaotic Logic has served me well and I hope to be able to share it when visiting here. I used to be a manic writer, but haven't had/made the time in a while, which is another reason I thought I'd join this board. The denizens seem to be 'on the higher end of the bell curve' and will keep me on my toes to keep up & put out.

Now if I can just figure out how to get my profile tweaked for avatars, quotes and the occasional electromagnetic pulse.....

Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:48 pm

Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:57 am
Profile YIM WWW

The Lord is not good--he shall reign down fire and brimstone on this message board.

Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:30 am

You gonna smoke that shit or pass it? Jeez. :-/

Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:15 am

Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:29 pm

You gonna smoke that shit or pass it? Jeez. :-/

Hey I gotta do something when I don't work:) *passes it*

Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:20 pm

The Lord is not good--he shall reign down fire and brimstone on this message board.

Jumpin' Jehosaphat! Ah shouldn't'a never signed up fer this here board if I'd'a known ah wuz gonna be smited by tha Lord! Ah kin handle a lil' brimstone smell, like whut Bubba gets after eatin' them chili cheese tofu burgers an' washes 'em down with wheat grass an' tequila. But ah'm plum 'fraid o' fire after ah singed muh privates playin' hopscotch with them roman candles.

Dang, ah say!

Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:06 pm

Jumpin' Jehosaphat! Ah shouldn't'a never signed up fer this here board if I'd'a known ah wuz gonna be smited by tha Lord! Ah kin handle a lil' brimstone smell, like whut Bubba gets after eatin' them chili cheese tofu burgers an' washes 'em down with wheat grass an' tequila. But ah'm plum 'fraid o' fire after ah singed muh privates playin' hopscotch with them roman candles.

Dang, ah say!

Teeheehee I like you:)

Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:51 pm

Welcome to the world of open-minded and somewhat differing views...

Oh, and watch out for the flying monkey poo. I took them out yesterday for a few hours and they were peeved that it was snowing, sorry.

Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:23 pm

Hmmm, amicable aerial simian fecal detrius? (Wow, say that five times fast...)

More snow's a-comin', so I think that I'll get my umbrella, waders and maybe even borrow one of those nifty CDC ebola spacesuits. Just lemme know when the monkeys are slated for lift off... :)

Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:07 am

drok_vox wrote:
Nemphusi wrote:
drok_vox wrote:
rev wrote:

WTG

calling me pretentious is pretentious.

Yes, but I'm nowhere near the levels that you are. I bow to your glory.

Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW

You kids play nice now or I'll have to bring out the Boom Stick...

Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]