View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 awkward at introductions... 
Post awkward at introductions...
I only live here sometimes.

I go to school elsewhere, and am back mostly for the holidays. This is, sadly, probably my last summer in Minnesota... at least until I graduate and am forced to live in my parents' basement until I find a place that will actually hire me.

In the meantime, I hope to see some of you around.

Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:33 pm

Welcome aboard the good ship Gothling, Petey.

I'll be your Boson for the evening. The captain, she don't come out on deck that much anymore, but the first mate around here runs a pretty tight ship, and he'll keel haul ya if he sees ya gettin' out of line.

An just 'cause I said the captain don't get out much, that don't mean she aint watchin, tho'. She keep a sharp eye afloat at all time, just watchin'.... A wary one she is....

But enuff o' me blabberin' on about what to watch out fer, you got plenty of great time ahead o' yah. Jus' head on down to the mess hall, but mind ol' Rob, the one with the shifty eyes, he be a prankster if ever there was one, an' 'e'll getcha if ya aint watching. Nothin' malicious, but ya just might loose yer balance from laughin' so 'ard.

Jus' make sure ta keep up yer strength, an' make yer presence known offen, or else ya might turn inta one of the Gothling Ghosts.... Doomed to wander ferrever in silence an' misery, as their name stays on the ship register, but their face is never seen from again.....

An' just cuz' ya aint local all the time, don't think that changes nothin. Why, lookit me! I live in way yonder Kanses. Scurvey flat as a third grader Kanses! An' I'm one o' the most active shipmates..... Even tho ya never be seein' me around wit' the others, I'm still there.... Or am I???

Who knows laddie, who knows.....

Nemph "Hook" Usiusex

Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:27 am
Profile YIM WWW

Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:05 pm

living in a basement

+246 goth pts.

living with your parents

-129 goth points.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:20 pm
Profile YIM

Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:16 am

WTG and all that.

living in a basement

+246 goth pts.

living with your parents

-129 goth points.

But you get +258 points if the parents you live with are dead (and you run a small motel on the side of a deolate highway)

Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:31 am
Profile WWW

drok_vox wrote:
WTG and all that.

living in a basement

+246 goth pts.

living with your parents

-129 goth points.

But you get +258 points if the parents you live with are dead (and you run a small motel on the side of a deolate highway)

:-D

Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:12 pm
Profile YIM

Greetings and you get + 400 points for going to school.

Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:57 am
Profile YIM WWW
I have been stalking you all for months! hahaha... Actually, my kitten sent a link to the webcomics thread, and that was the start of it.

I am still catching up on old posts and threads. I thought of posting something a few times, but then I noticed that the last post was from a year ago or more. the more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets...

I'll work up the nerve at some point to say something interesting.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:43 am

Oh, okay, well, as long as it wasn't my falt.

I am never talking like a pirate again. On or offline.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW

It made me smile. You were very thorough...

"We prefer to be called Buccaneer Americans."

Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:27 am

Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:17 am
Profile WWW
Greetings...

Hello...

Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:25 pm

Tell us a little more about yourself...Here's a couple of questions to get ya going: what are you going to school for? Who's your favorite band/musician, where are you going to school? Boxers, briefs, thongs, panties or commando?

Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:17 am

Nemphusi wrote:

It made me smile. You were very thorough...

"We prefer to be called Buccaneer Americans."

Oh, well, fine, you've won me over. I'll talk like a pirate. Occaisonally.

Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:38 am
Profile YIM WWW

I am studying architecture in Savannah. I hope to graduate sometime between now and forever... reminding myself of the progress I've made, and not succumbing to despair. "It will be over before I know it," I am told, and then there's the real world. I don't think the real world will be much different from the (fake?) world that I have experienced. I know that my student life now is definitely an aether nonreality, but I'm enjoying it.

I think that my all-over favorite band is Shriekback.
They are one of those "too important to be mentioned in the history books" sorts of groups, unbelievably influential and ahead of their time. They have produced a large body of work and I still dig up new material on occasion... And all the members have been in numerous other projects, so that keeps me busy.

Otherwise, when I'm done ranting about the fabulousness of Shriekback, I'll probably talk about Gackt's incredible voice (& body), or the guitars os Steve Vai and Tomoyasu Hotei, or whatever I stumbeld across in the dollar bin today.
I love music. I can't say ALL music... there is something about the slick, overproduced big-label stuff that I can't handle. Music is my life? Well, not quite, but it's big. I play music, too! I DJ in Savannah, ostensibly as the goth/industrial sort, but my attitude of "it's goth because I say so" raises eyebrows. A lot. They like their VNV Nation, and not much else.

Commando, usually, but I also like thongs. I don't like having all that fabric down there creeping up the crack when I'm walking around, so the less the fabric the better.

Also, I have a <a href="http://livejournal.com/users/ptpenguino">journal</a>.
And a <a href="http://geocities.com/petey_penguino">website</a>!

Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]