View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Hello to you... 
Post Hello to you...
Hello everyone! I'm obviously new here and also not from the area. I live in southern California. I would like to ask something to you all.

I will be on a business trip in Minneapolis from January 15th to the 20th 2006. I've heard of club named 'Bodage A-Go-Go' on Thursday nights. Is this still an active club? Are there other clubs in Minneapolis that cater to the 'Dark Folks' like us?

I'm also looking for something to do during the afternoons during my stay there! Good gothy type stores to go to or interesting places or things to see.

Thanks in advance!!!

Sir Skullybong

Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:49 am

You're mostly right; the club/venue is named "Ground Zero", and Thursdays are the traditional "Bondage-a-Go-Go" nights there. Yep, it's still alive.

Keep an eye on the "Event Planning" thread and the Calendar for any late-breaking updates or concert schedules for the week you'll be in town, but the standard darksidey club stuff to do is:

Monday: "Hard Monday" @ Saloon (downtown) 18+
Thursday: "Bondage A-Go-Go" @ Ground Zero
Friday: "Corrosion" @ Ground Zero (mostly hard industrial)
Saturday: "ReVolt aka 'BaGG lite'" @ Ground Zero

For a generic event calendar and info about addresses and stuff, a good resource is the website for our local freebie "alternanewspaper", City Pages. http://www.citypages.com

Here's the latest ad for Ground Zero:
http://citypages.com/eventads/display.a ... z=74956477
(GZ is at 15 NE 4th St, which is on the other side of the river from downtown; just take the Hennepin Ave bridge across, and it's on your left a couple blocks later)

And just so you don't get your hopes up too much: this is the midwest, so what we call "racy and shocking" is probably what people in California wear to work on Casual Fridays. =)

Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:27 pm

Pssst. . . RSKM1. . . the calendar isn't functional.

Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:17 pm
Profile WWW

Pssst. . . RSKM1. . . the calendar isn't functional.

What?! It worked last time I tried it. Erm. *blush*

(I know, I know, I use up all my ambition keeping the forum headers tidy, and have been a leeeeeetle bit lax updating the calendar [R.I.P.])

Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]