View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Greetings from a New B 
Post Greetings from a New B
Hello all - I am new to the board, and actually....I'm also a new goth. I hope people on this forum can help me in any way possible. A little about me - I am in my mid-thirties, live in the burbs, and am driven by music. I have been playing guitar for 20 years, also play bass and drums. I like writing music and have a home recording studio. I like all kinds of metal (black/death, etc.) and punk. I am currently writing stuff with a friend, but would like to form a band to do originals.

I am still learning about goth, and was pleasently surprised to see there was a local chapter. Looking forward to hearing from others - thanks!!

Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:15 pm

Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:18 pm
Profile YIM

I had no idea what everybody was so excited for in punk music until my mid-late twenties. embarrassing, maybe, better late than not at all.

Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:08 am
Profile WWW

Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:21 am
Drok.....what sort of music style, do you play an instrument or sing, etc? Thanks to all for welcoming me to the board :-)

Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:21 pm

Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:08 pm

Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:16 pm

I like that term, "local chapter". It makes goths sound kind of like the Shriners or Lions Club or something.

Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:23 pm
Profile WWW

Maybe we could get some of those jackets with the shiny sleeves that have "Troupe/Clan/Coven/Pack #307" on them or something. We could go do pulltabs at a local dive bar.

Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:22 am
Profile WWW

you know, with a name like the Lions Club, you'd think they'd have better hats.

we totally need to have a GothGirl Scout troupe, though, with uniforms and badges and arts and crafts projects. and community projects. and cookies and summercamp.

or, not. possibly not.

we did used to have picnics, though, with frisbee and so on.

Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:32 pm
Profile WWW

I believe Ethel might end up reviving such activities soon, given her summer digs.

oh yeah, and WTG, Mr. Keeper.

Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:17 pm
Profile WWW
Piss on all of you, and kick me off the board for all I care. I came here to be among others like me, but I can tell you are all too shallow and not what goth is all about....bunch of pretenders and lame asses. So, to those who ripped on me and want to start having "chapter" meetings and come up with nice velvet jackets and maybe even chapter patches, go ahead and start that sort of group, as I'm sure you would fit the part. Then you wonder why goths get such a bad rap.....even though we are supposed to be on the same page with each other?......look at yourself a little closer.

You guys don't know a thing about me and never will, don't bother replying to this either, because I am gone like a bat in the night......although some day you will probably be seeking me

Fuck off assholes

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:51 pm

If you're going to hang out on this board, a sense of humor is encouraged; nay, necessary to bear with us through some of our ramblings.

A GothScouts Troupe might be just what we need to bring back the comraderie and gloom that Mr. Keeper has so sorely missed.

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:09 pm
Profile WWW

Piss on all of you, and kick me off the board for all I care. I came here to be among others like me, but I can tell you are all too shallow and not what goth is all about....

Yeah! Goth is all about overreacting, taking yourself entirely too seriously, whining, getting all defensive even though nobody's attacking you, and grossly misinterpreting people!

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:41 pm

Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:07 pm
Profile WWW

Yeah! Goth is all about overreacting, taking yourself entirely too seriously, whining, getting all defensive even though nobody's attacking you, and grossly misinterpreting people!

Wait, I thought that was if you were 2Fisted.

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:18 pm
Profile WWW

snarking is completely goth too, but rksm is so, so right.

I guess we have to teach cripty the secret handshake and let him wear the regalia now.

I'm a bad person, I know. seriously, cript_keeper. nobody was attacking you. shake it off. I'm a bit curious to know what you think goth is all about, if you can be civil enough to explain. Personally I feel that there's enough over-the-topness that a sense of the absurd is vital to goth.

Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:12 pm
Profile WWW

You guys don't know a thing about me and never will, don't bother replying to this either, because I am gone like a bat in the night......although some day you will probably be seeking me

Dang, I was gonna ask what the name of your band was, but you aren't reading this anymore.

I'm guessing you're either in Knee-Jerk Reaction & the Drama Queens, or lead singer for The Melodi-ramatic Martyrs. I have all of their CD's, but I dont think either one is touring right now.

^^ See, now THAT was being an asshole.

I don't know what the hell the guy was crying about before -- the whole first part of the thread was friendly greets and tongue-in-cheek musings on his use of the phrase "local chapter". It didn't turn ugly until he turned it ugly himself. Sheesh, maybe he didn't think to lurk long enough to realize there were actually comical discussions in the past here about "g-logo gothling fashion merchandise".

But I sure hope he's got a BIG bladder, if his response is always "Piss on all of you" after hearing from five people...

Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:29 pm

too bad no one asked him about his skirt.

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:10 pm
Profile YIM

I can tell you are all too shallow and not what goth is all about.

cript_keeper wrote:
I'm also a new goth.... I am in my mid-thirties, live in the burbs,

Please teach us oh master of the Goth.

Playlists

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:59 pm
Profile WWW

rskm1 wrote:

Wait, I thought that was if you were 2Fisted.

Welcome to the board. ;)

Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:38 pm

So, to those who ripped on me and want to start having "chapter" meetings and come up with nice velvet jackets and maybe even chapter patches, go ahead and start that sort of group, Fuck off assholes

Oh, man. I think the Shriners and Lions Club are WAY COOL, and am not joking in the least. Not only do they get to wear cool hats and ride around in golf carts in parades, they donate tons of time and money to childrens' hospitals and stuff.

Does anyone else remember the Vulcans? They were the guys in red capes who used to ride fire engines in suburban fourth of July parades, and run around smearing the faces of kids in the crowd with smudges of black grease paint. I always wondered what they were all about.

Girl Scouts are pretty damn goth if you think about it. Girl Scout camp was one of the scariest things I've ever done. And I challenge ANYONE to come up with a gother cookie than the dark, delicious Thin Mint.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]