View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Another newbie. Fantastic eh? 
Post Another newbie. Fantastic eh?
I can never really get the hang of these introductory posts no matter how many of them I make... but oh well. Always feels like an AA meeting or something. XD :P

Hello *waves* I'm Lola. I'm going to college right now, almost a sophmore. I'm majoring in English: Creative Writing and minoring in Journalism. I really like music even though I have a weird variety of it and to some people it seems a bit odd. I love to perform music or acting, anything really. I think it's fun and it's one of the things I really love to do. I like art as well, but computer art specifically. I'm not very good of a traditional artist, but I like to do pixel art and vectors. I'm not really fantastic at it, it's more of a fun hobby type of thing for me. I love to write, and that's what I think I'm really good at, hence the English major. I do a lot of writing generally. A day doesn't go by, usually, without me writing something like a journal entry at the very least. I want to work for a music magazine or be a reviewer of some sorts of modern music. I like to take pictures as well but I haven't really studied photography.

Anyway, as far as the goth subculture goes, I enjoy the fashion (especially EGL, hence my nickname) and the mind outlook the most. I'll admit I'm not fully into all goth music, but I'm sort of wondering around trying new bands here and there at this point. Sorry if I get the genres wrong but the Goth rock and Goth bands I like are The 69 Eyes, Negative, Voltaire, Jack Off Jill, Kraftwerk (although I think they're more industrial if I'm not mistaken), Bauhaus, In Extremo and Southern Death Cult. If anyone has any reccomendations, throw them my way. I usually like unique sounding bands the most, of any genre. Oddly enough, I really enjoy rock (in general) and rap (usually rap with purpose in lyrics, not most shake your booty songs). I tend to just like bands that have a unique sound. I love listening to a band/artist and knowing EXACTLY who I'm listening to. I think it's awesome.

So that's my beautiful intro. Ta da. Hope I razzled and dazzled you. :P

Tue May 02, 2006 2:27 am

Wow, an intro post that actually tells us something about you! Very nice, thank you! And W.T.G (Welcome To Gothling).

There's quite a spectrum of musical tastes on here. We even tolerate metahhhhhl fans like GodCoversHisEyes. Mostly. ;)

So you're in Cali? How'd you find the site? Mostly we're midwest locals (Mpls/St.Paul metro) so a lot of the stuff on here (like local events, concerts, etc) won't be pertinent to you.

Tue May 02, 2006 11:57 am

Welcome.

Tue May 02, 2006 2:22 pm

I actually was just googling goth forums. I got into an argument at another forum with people about goth as a culture, or subculture (wasn't aware the word "subculture" was offensive, but I read a bit that it is so... my apologies). I usually don't mention it but something about emo kids sparked the debate. And I argued that emo isn't a subculture (not yet, anyways) and goth is a subculture, or culture. And people didn't really get it and kept saying stuff like, "why would you label yourself... labelling is stupid, etc. etc.". People didn't really GET that being in a culture isn't really conforming necessarily, but finding other people who have the same likes as you. But no one was listening to what I was saying. I got aggravated and left. So I thought for once I might find a general forum where I could talk to people that might get it and get reccomendations for Goth genre bands while I'm at it. I googled, I found a lot of local ones (didn't know this was a local forum XD), and just found this one. I lingered a couple of times reading posts, checking it out and I decided to join.

:P

Tue May 02, 2006 5:53 pm

Tue May 02, 2006 9:55 pm
Profile WWW

Sun May 07, 2006 8:22 am
Profile WWW

Sun May 07, 2006 9:58 pm

Mostly we're midwest locals (Mpls/St.Paul metro) so a lot of the stuff on here (like local events, concerts, etc) won't be pertinent to you.

In fact, I'm sure you'll find a lot of impertinence here. Welcome to Gothling!

Mon May 08, 2006 1:19 am
Profile WWW
Ah well. *shrug* I don't mind the impertanence. I'd just like to discuss things. :P

Mon May 08, 2006 9:51 pm

Mon May 08, 2006 10:13 pm
Profile YIM
we prefer the term "subbacultcha"

XD Thanks for the correction.

Wed May 10, 2006 2:55 am

I was all dressed in black
she was all dressed in black

she was wearing eye-a-linah
I was wearing eye-a-linah

Wed May 10, 2006 5:14 pm
Profile YIM

Playlists

Wed May 10, 2006 6:21 pm
Profile WWW

I hope you will consider adding some of your work to the writers forum. It has been a little slow moving as of late. Oh, and welcome!!

Thu May 11, 2006 8:58 am

Fri May 12, 2006 7:34 am

Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:56 pm

I must have missed the discussion when it was determined the term 'subculture' was verboten. Perhaps someone could see something overt like 'unter-culture' being offensive, but subculture? Thats just being petty. Don't we have anything better to bitch and be morose about?

Irregardless, welcome to Gothling =)

Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:51 am

I got into an argument at another forum with people about goth as a culture, or subculture (wasn't aware the word "subculture" was offensive, but I read a bit that it is so... my apologies). I usually don't mention it but something about emo kids sparked the debate.

Hey, haven't we had that argument here too? I think every message forum must cross that bridge at some point...

Welcome to Gothling!

~Ether~

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

commercial graphic artist, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist

BACK ALLEY: https://www.facebook.com/backalleysocial
CRUSH COLLECTIVE: http://www.facebook.com/crushmydesign

Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:04 am
Profile WWW

Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]