View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Industrial/EBM newcomer 

Post Industrial/EBM newcomer
Hey everyone. I've been into Industrial music for awhile, however only just recently got more into it. I used to wear goth clothing like tripp pants, now it's just the black jeans. Tempted to go pick up some more of the military type gear and head to a club. Anyone have an recommendations for stores (besides army surplus), and clubs I can hit up? Been getting into EBM and what not. Thinking about checking out the hard Mondays at the saloon. I tend to like the thump with the snare. I might just show up in a t-shirt and black jeans. I'd only dress up for the fun of it. I tend to be a bit shy and nerdy, but hey whatever. I'm hardly wearing a color other than black, just because I love the color so much. As for bands I like And One, Skinny Puppy, Blutengel, Neotek, Nitzer Ebb, and some others I'm only just finding out about. I know nothing about the scene, however it sucks not knowing hardly anyone who likes this type of music. Lastly, I wouldn't consider myself a rivethead at all. Just some nerdy guy who's into Industrial type music.

Fri May 11, 2012 10:43 pm

Post Re: Industrial/EBM newcomer
hard mondays is a good bet. free, decent drink specials, awesome DJs.

i don't usually wear anything more than dickies and a t-shirt, but then, i'm not out there trying to meet ladies any more. not everyone goes all-out, fashion wise, but a few people do. besides surpluss stores, ragstocks tend to have some military gear.

and welcome to DTC! All poop on zom.

FYP

Last edited by thosquanta on Mon May 14, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 12, 2012 12:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Welcome to DTC! You might also want to check out Saturday night at Ground Zero, PERISH (3rd Thursdays) at the Kitty Kat Club for some good live stuff and old-school goth rock and I think there is another night somewhere... Chamber (Thursdays) at Bolt Underground.

Sat May 12, 2012 3:47 pm

Hey I like Nitzer Ebb and Skinny Puppy just fine.

Sun May 13, 2012 8:18 am

Welcome! I'm a "black jeans & Tshirt" kinda guy myself, so don't worry about being ostracized for being the only one not wearing riveted vinyl sh1t and goofy goggles or whatever.

You'll hear all of those bands pretty regularly at Ground Zero on Saturdays, Bolt Underground on Thursdays, and The Saloon on Mondays (tonight is the monthly HardER Monday, recommended for industrial fans moreso than the "usual" Hard Mondays). (Except for Neotek; I haven't heard anything by them in a while.)

If you're new in town and don't know how to find those venues, check out the specific threads on the "Event Planning" subforum.

Mon May 14, 2012 12:59 pm

I've been here for awhile, just new to the scene is all. Cool I'll give both of those nights a look then.

Mon May 14, 2012 3:53 pm

also check this out and you can see THREE pretty awesome local industrial bands:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7316

be advised, you have to sign up as "attending" on the facebook event.

Mon May 14, 2012 5:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW

A very Oontz welcome to you!

Mon May 14, 2012 8:05 pm

Welcome.

Tue May 15, 2012 1:06 am

Welcome, fisch246! I second all of the above recommendations :)

And don't worry about what to wear when you go out. One thing I love about our little "dark" community here in Minneapolis is that you can wear what you want. You won't be out of place in jeans and a t-shirt (even BLUE jeans and not BLACK jeans). We're over all pretty laid back about attire here and the clubs nights that have been mentioned have no dress code. Dress codes are for lame cities like LA :-p

11/12 Clan of Xymox, The Bellwether Syndicate, Autumn and DJ Paul Robb

Sat May 19, 2012 7:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]