View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 What's your petpeeve? 

Hate it when co-worker shows her jealous very well. She stab my back many times. boss will take care of itSorry beaattcch! Can't help I got my college degree and you didn't. Man, go back to school if you're that bitter.

Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:56 pm
Profile WWW

I really just don't understand these white guys that shave their heads bald. <b>It looks ridiculous!</b> What the hell is going through Billy Corgan's head? Apparently, not much. What compels you to want to walk around looking like a freshly circumcised <i>dick</i>? No, you'll never be Vin Diesel. And why the f*ck would you wanna be? Cunts.

I'll have you know I feell quite comfortable bald. http://got-longpig.com/P1010054.JPG

Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:30 pm
Profile WWW

I really just don't understand these white guys that shave their heads bald...What the hell is going through Billy Corgan's head?

Billy Corgan has a badly receding hairline

and you don't exactly look like Jesus yourself.

Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:36 pm

Ether's utter refusal to admit he is fascinated with the Watson's chick. He goes to websites made by her fans (not just the official site; according to Ether, she has fans who make websites about her), and bitches about how irritating she is, how plastic, blah blah blah. It's like the ten year old kid on the playground who unrelentingly follows around and teases the girl he actually likes.

(wait a sec...I think I've frequently described someone else using that exact simile...)

Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:15 am
Profile WWW

The word "Rocktober"

Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:13 pm

someone thought it would be clever to have radio ads that just repeat the same thing... because repetition is goo advertising strategy. but

"No money down.No money down.No money down.No money down.No money down.No money down.No money down.No money down.No money down.No money down.No money down.No money down.No money down.No money down.No money down.No money down.No money down.No money down.No money down.No money down.No money down!"

is f*cking awful... I don't even know what the ads are for, as I always shange the channel

Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:26 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: What do I hate?
When I fuck over someone who was at one point a friend for money

case in point: me

I still owes ~$150 dollars, and I refuse to even discuss paying it up.

Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:11 pm

Say IO and Twink, I really think you boys need to discuss your personal problem in the flesh. Twink, quit being stubborn and talk to him. You are so young and believe me there are more worse things you will face than not talking to IO. Believe me I have.

I met both of you boys, like you both. And no respond to this issue anymore. I don't wanna see it again in my darling thread. Nada. It's dead in water. Carry on with the petpeeve.

Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:15 pm
Profile WWW

S'under control and being discussed & all. I just dreamed that I posted that last one, so I did in real life.

Petpeeve, petpeeve... I'm sure I have <i>one</i>...

Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:34 am

Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:30 am
Profile YIM

hangovers. I'm going out drinking again tonight. Yay. Unnngh.

Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:20 pm
Profile WWW

alarm clocks - one of those most sinister & torturous inventions ever. Most likely created as a cruel joke rather than a practical device.

Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:28 pm

Those TV commercials that open with a screeching alarm clock, giving me creepy morning flashbacks.

Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:02 pm

Having back pain from falling down at an after bar party : (

People taking advantage of my niceness.

Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Having back pain from falling down at an after bar party : (

People taking advantage of my niceness.

Bad Little T's food......

and being too drunk to appreciate the company :-)

Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:30 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

hangovers. I'm going out drinking again tonight. Yay. Unnngh.

lol, spoken like a trooper.

more alcohol is the best way to fix those hangovers. or is it just that more alcohol is more fun, i forget.

either way, lets drink!

cuz my neighbor woke me up before i was done sleeping off last nights drinking and i couldnt get back to sleep. i can feel my heartbeat in my head.

i dont like it.

Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:24 am

"Friends" who only get in contact with you to let you know when their shitty band is playing.

Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:53 pm

southern accents, like nails on a chalkboard. oooooooo

Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:05 pm

and fanboys.

Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:57 pm
Profile YIM

Don't start with the fanboys.

I know we can be annoying at times, but most of us are good people.. . .

Man. It's been far to long since I visited this thread.....

letsee what I can generate by saying:

Red Lectroids from Planet 10!

Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW

that would be more the music fanboys... scenester is too nice a word... it implys that they have some knowledge of a scene. and they don't. they're just music fanboys who all look alike and think alike and ihatethemihatethemihatethm.

Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:13 pm
Profile YIM

Didn't know those existed.

Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:52 am
Profile WWW

When 2 or 3 folks get indimated with my work. :( Felt like knocking on their forehead and says "Hello, me an MCAD graduate" Ding, Dong.

Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:39 am
Profile WWW

Ok, that's not fair. But a couple of them gave MCAD a really bad name. I was singularly unimpressed by one of MCAD's most prominent students who produced a masterpiece called "Lobster Chair". It consisted of 4 thick wooden squares of equal size, that stood on edge and arranged in the basic shape of a chair: 2 squares for the legs, one across the top of them for a seat, and one standing on edge for a seat back. Then, the "chair" was adorned with a rubber lobster who had been cut in half from the waist down and placed on the chair seat. That's it. That's the whole scupture. Then next to the name placard there was a 2 page essay explaining the meaning of "Lobster Chair" and how it clearly symbolized the downfall of American society.

You call that f*ucking ART!?!

~ Fr0$t "No Offense Evil Angel" S1mul4

Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:30 pm

No offense, I know those kinds. They are called "JOKE". One gal did a project that would be very expensive in a real life. What a dork.

Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:52 pm
Profile WWW

Girls who promise you their underwear and then back out

Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:29 pm
Profile WWW

Family circus comics

Modern art in general. I went to an writing workshop at UMD over the summer and one night was the teachers showing off their work. One of them was teaching working with textiles. If she wasn't there to say what all the stiched little squigglies were, I would've never known. I kept asking myself the whole time, "This is art??? This isn't art?? How can this be art???"

Not knowing what's wrong with my car

Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:40 pm
Spending lots of time setting up for a show, and the PA breaks.

Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:09 pm

SUV's tailgating with their brights on

Aarrgghhh!! I so hate that!

Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:12 pm
Profile WWW

My boss, when she only asks how something will benefit us financially, instead of also considering how it might make us less stressed, more efficient or more useful to clients.

Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:26 pm

Retail store managers who don't listen to you even after your idea has proven to be correct

My example:
Lots of guitars have been stolen from our store
The regional manager insists it is an inside job
I kept telling him that people are coming in with empty guitar cases and walking out with a guitar in the case
It is perfectly normal for guitar students to walk in and fantasise about the more expensive guitars (hey, who doesn't)
I suggested that all persons with guitar cases be required to stop at the counter and leave the guitar with us
Aformentioned regional manager says: "That will seem like we are harassing our students and customers"
Whereupon I replied "Tell me of any music store that does not require you check in instruments and cases before entering the store"

His soloution:
Take all the expensive guitars and lock them in a room at closing time (this requires 15 minutes of extra work at the beginning and end of each day)

Number of guitars stolen since he implemented this plan?.....2
Meanwhile a group of teenagers were caught using the exact same scam I told him they would use (I actually caught them before it happened)
His response?
Good job?
You were right?
nope
He still thinks it is an inside job and requires the same policy at the end/beginning of each shift
Also, he refuses to go with my suggestion
This store deserves to get ripped off
If I wasn't so anti-theif, I would get someone to come in and grab a few for me as well

Sorry for the long post, I just had to get it out

Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:59 pm
Profile WWW

Today after work I had to pick a couple of things up from my store, So when I was checking out, the cashier, who is an "Alternative" high school girl. Who I had never talked to me, but knew I worked there, started telling me about all of the things in the store that she had vandalized, and asked if I had seen any of it. I was shocked. Did she expect me to be impressed by this? Can you really expect me to be impressed when you tell me that you have no respect for the property of others, and you have probably never had to work hard for anything really nice... I highly dislike the people that instead of just talking to me about something relatively normal, come up to me and tell me about things they have vandalized, stolen, etc... because they assume that I'll be impressed by it. only because of all the black that im always wearing and the image that I have.

Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:20 pm

drop c tuning and cutting almost 20 minutes out of our set.

Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:19 pm
Profile YIM

Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:37 pm

I remember I was setting next to one in a computer class. Nice girl, but a total slacker. She rarely did any work that was assigned to her, and then complained about the grade she recieved. Anyway, one day she was showing me a music video on internet by Tool. Stinkfist, if I remember correctly.

It was the saddest thing I'd ever seen.

Around the time the lyrics, "This might hurt a little, but its something you'll get used to," rolled around I remarked that these videos were one of the reasons I would never do drugs. Her response was that this was exactly why she did do drugs.

Now, I know some people like drugs, and I mean no offense, but how could you want to live like the people in that video!? To strive to be a creature covered in filth and shivering at the bottom of a bathtub is, well, pitiful.

It seems like so many of the "alternative" highschoolers are really just a bunch of drunk, or stoned, children who are barely passing highschool. An frankly it irritates me that they're so wrapped up in their drugs, and alchohol, that they are very possibly throwing their lives completely away.

Again, I am sorry if this offends anyone on the board.. .

Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:01 am
Profile YIM WWW

People at that age tend behave like that for mainly one purpose, to test the limits of their mortality
Young people are still forming ideas about how humans live and interact with each other, therefore, they push authority figures, explore their sexuality and see how far they can cheat death
The latter manifests itself in all sorts of ways and becomes magnified when someone feels they don't fit in
Drinking, drugs, self mutilation etc... are all things kids do to explore the things in life that no one can tell you "what it is like"
"Normal" kids generaly channel their activities into things grownups design for them like sports, school or various other sponsored activities but that does not keep them from doing their share of hedonistic activities
Kids on the outside just choose to manifest those activities in more dark edged ways
Alternative highschoolers have been separated from the rest because of some type of alarming behavior
A good portion of them do not see it as a good thing although they have now been removed from one hostile environment (being with their peers) to another (the authority figures at the alt. school)

The ones from the alt school usually end up at Rocky Horror

Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
This store deserves to get ripped off
If I wasn't so anti-theif, I would get someone to come in and grab a few for me as well.

I'm anti-theft too... but when we become pro-theft, gimme a call. I could use a new guitar. :)

I hate it when you prepare a party with lots of food and then nobody eats anything, except for the cholate chip cookies some girl brought. Nothing wrong with leftover chips, queso, beer bread and spinach dip... Just sucks that you'd look like a jackass if you didn't offer something and then nobody takes it anyway.

Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:11 pm

Im really bothered when people waste food. I had a BBQ at my place this summer, Some guy's steak wasn't done to his liking. So he threw it in the garbage and got another one! Was he too dense to realize that you can, in fact, put it back on the grill???

Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:18 pm

I see was your saying, Das, and I suppose I can understand a bit more about their way of thinking now.

Hmm.. .

I really don't care those Cabbage Patch dolls, ya know?

Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW

having all my tests in the same week..

Or having them all on the same day.

Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:37 pm

Tests.

I hate tests.

Unless they're reading tests.

Loooove the reading tests. ..

Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
I hate it when you prepare a party with lots of food and then nobody eats anything, except for the cholate chip cookies some girl brought. Nothing wrong with leftover chips, queso, beer bread and spinach dip... Just sucks that you'd look like a jackass if you didn't offer something and then nobody takes it anyway.

I hate it when you take the leftover food and bring it into the office the next day as a nice gesture and nobody eats it there either! WTF!?! It's not like there's a big sign with an arrow pointing to it that says "BEWARE: POISON".

Eat, you swine! :)

Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:01 pm

During the Summer, I hate that Im not in school
During school, I hate that It's not summer

Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:03 pm
During the Summer, I hate that Im not in school
During school, I hate that It's not summer

Amen, sista!!

Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:56 pm

People standing behind me/ reading my screen while I'm on the computer!
GO AWAY YOU FUCKERS!!!!!

Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:41 pm

people who share their opinions about MY life and MY choices and expect ME to change and conform to their standards.

offering your opinion is one thing. putting me down for not conforming to your opinion is judgemental and just plain mean.

i am entitled to live my life how i choose.

when you share your opinions next time can you be a bit more respectful of my right to live my life how i choose.

(this is not directed at anyone here, im just steeling myself up to confront the shrew)

Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:33 pm
[quote="laurlamonster"]people who share their opinions about MY life and MY choices and expect ME to change and conform to their standards.quote]

I couldn't agree more, but I also try not to do the same to others.

I hate it when you say hello to someone you just met and they completely freakin' ignore you. I swear I am going to just stop trying. But I guess that says a lot about a persons character, and it's nice knowing things like that right off the bat.

Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:50 am
When people assume things about me the first time they meet me, and then try to perpetuate conversation to back up their assumptions. Are they really that shallow?

Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:35 am

Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:16 pm

When you understand the material for a class, but the teacher dumbs it down anyway.

When people drive slow for NO REASON!

Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:41 pm

Last edited by laurlamonster on Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:46 pm

it sucks.

Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:46 pm

I really hate the new trend of movie advertising. Advertising a movie, in an add for something else. Cat in the Hat has taken this to a new level of sickness.

Two nights ago I saw 3 ad's in a row for Cat in the Hat... and none of them were for the movie! There was a lays/sierra mist ad (Multiple product adds bug too.), a visa (or maybe MasterCard.) add and a NBA ad and they were all really ad's for Cat in the Hat.

I refuse to see that movie just because the ad's piss me off so much. (The trailers look bad too.)

Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
I really hate the new trend of movie advertising. Advertising a movie, in an add for something else. Cat in the Hat has taken this to a new level of sickness.

Two nights ago I saw 3 ad's in a row for Cat in the Hat... and none of them were for the movie! There was a lays/sierra mist ad (Multiple product adds bug too.), a visa (or maybe MasterCard.) add and a NBA ad and they were all really ad's for Cat in the Hat.

I refuse to see that movie just because the ad's piss me off so much. (The trailers look bad too.)

Do spot ads annoy you too? You know when they conveniently hold a soda can on TV or in a movie so that you can see the whole face of it. Or when a character is eating a bag of chips that are face out so you can see the front label very clearly.

Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:15 pm

Actually, I love the idea, it is a convenient way to advertise for a product without hitting you over the head and saying "BUY ME"!

At least I like it when its in a movie, but I couldn't really care either way when it comes to TV. . . I mute the commercials anyway. . .

And yeah, Cat in the Hat will probably suck. . . They picked the wrong person for the part. The actor is talented, and I like his work, but he just doesn't fit the part, at least to me. . . They probably just should have gone straight for animitronics.. . .

Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Compressed timeframes. Which equates to less sleep. *yawn*

Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:52 am

I hate it that my printer doesnt work.. .

I especcially hate this because I forgot to print off a paper at school, and so my teacher gave me a zero on an assignment I worked quite hard on, just because I couldn't get it printed off in time.. . .

God, I hate bubble jet.

Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW
When unmentional bands by the initials T.P. break lamps in your lighting rig and swap in their own crappy strobe lights while the lead "vocalist" is crappie flopping on the floor.

Bastages.....

Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:51 pm

when only ONE person in the audience sings with me: "Lets F#ck!"

Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next