View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Fresh meat 
Had enough of overcrowded overpriced everything. Seeking IT job and nice 2bdrm apartment that doesnt mind 5 cats and a lot of loud electronic instruments at odd hours.
x0x0x,

Tue Sep 17, 2002 8:07 pm

You won't find Minneapolis much cheaper than Chicago. And you will miss the food, the tavern hours, and even the big city crowds, because there aren't any crowds at all up here, for anything. And a lot of folks round these parts go to bed early, so you might want to keep those sequencers and whatnot quiet 'til morning.

But hey, we got a big f'n mall! In your face Chicago! >:)

Cool handle though, ceph, my favorite batch of life forms next to the echnoderms.
cthulhu fthagn!

Tue Sep 17, 2002 9:02 pm
Hope you enjoy the place when you move here, and good luck finding a job in the IT industry here.

Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:43 am
You can do anything you put your mind to.

*puts the fortune cookie away*

Pop in and say hello when you get here. Worming your way into the scene in a new city is always a lot of fun as a few people on here can probably attest to.

Wed Sep 18, 2002 8:40 am

Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:51 pm
Profile WWW
Jennifer and I should be there come mid November. Our lease here is up on halloween, so that day will be spent a-packin' the truck. Our itinerary involves a stopover in a small farm town in Wisconsin (parental sheltering) whilst we seek a place (and a new job for li'l old me) in Minneapolis.

We've looked at the city-to-city comparisons for wages/cost of living and it looks like one would only need 65% of what one needs in Chicago to maintain the same standard of living, so based on that we can live pretty well on just Jennifer's wages and a Helpdesk monkey's income, much less adding a Citrix Admin's pay..assuming I can land either in this whacked out economy. *crossesfingers*

And as for worming my way into the local scene, well, thats one of the things I do best, really. Explore the links in my .sig, you'll see what I've managed with 2 years in Chicago. Might be a little harder, what with a smaller set of resources and all, but it looks like Minneapolis is a reasonably active town and should provide the required components.

At this point I'm focusing not so much on external scene-y stuff anyways, mostly just want to finish up my first full length and a couple of other projects, so the aforementioned diminishing of social outing options matters little.

So long as there is at least one other hard electronic band to play out with once in a while, I'll be a happy camper..

Thanks again, hope to meet you all soonish.

Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:50 pm

I think now is a great time to look for a place in the Twin Cities. For a while, places were filling up and vacancies were low, but now the market has come back around and there are tons of specials if you're looking to rent. I've found a number of houses both in south Minneapolis and St. Louis Park that are enormous and go for around $600-$800 complete with garage and all. Considering my 2 bedroom apartment was $900 just a couple of years ago, that's something to note. Prices are good if you have time to shop, which if you're staying in Wisconsin, you will. haha

take care!

-ETHER-

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

commercial graphic artist, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist

BACK ALLEY: https://www.facebook.com/backalleysocial
CRUSH COLLECTIVE: http://www.facebook.com/crushmydesign

Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:49 am
Profile WWW

Tue Sep 24, 2002 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]