View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Right. Obligatory intro post. 

Post Right. Obligatory intro post.
Finally, I've gotten the better of procrastination and registered here.

First order of business: Introduce self. Yeah. How about something like this:

Hello, my name's John. I've met/been introduced to a number of you, thanks to Little Red Hen at the Danse Macabre. That is, I was introduced as "John-john" - a nickname slapped on me in '95 or so that has stuck around since then, mostly thanks to Little Red Hen. The middle and last names hinted at in my username will be revealed as necessary, I guess. Forum members who I know that I know/have conversed with more than once: the aforementioned Little Red Hen, DR_Rabbi, vivianne, molly_grrl. Have served drinks to Twink and Melancholia at a party or two; was introduced to Rockula by L.R.H., possibly a few others which I've forgotten. Exchanged "Hi, I'm (blah), who(or how) are you?"'s with laurlamonster and mzmelissa at the prom. Any others I can't remember right now, I apologize for my lapse; I'm currently in a little loopy from a combination of insufficient sleep and having been awake for far too long.

Second order of business: Further elaboration of who I am, where you may know me from, where I may be found in "the scene":

Sadly, I'm not much of a contributor to local creative affairs; rather, I'm yet another faceless techie. Well, a faceless techie with something of a fashion sense, an excess of vanity, and a penchant for karaoke. Dancing, too - can't forget the habitual "dance 'til drenched in sweat and downright exhausted" that happens about once a week - specifics-wise, at GZ on Saturday, the one night-o-clubbin' that plays well with my schedule on a regular basis. You may remember me as the guy who....wait, no, you probably don't.

Eh, I suppose that's enough for one post.

Sat May 01, 2004 12:56 am
Profile YIM WWW

Hi, sounds like you met a quite a few of us at the Saloon That Monday evening! Welcome. Hope to see out there again when your scheduel allows it! Have fun on the Gothling Boards! =^..^=

Sat May 01, 2004 11:19 am

oh, no, it's happened. The seventh seal has been broken, unleashing John John upon the poor unsuspecting gothlings. I suppose it was inevitable, but still...

you're on my turf now, buddy boy >:p

Sat May 01, 2004 12:46 pm
Profile WWW

Seventh? Nah. Maybe the first or second. The seventh seal is broken when I cease to smoke, drink coffee, and curse - if #7's tied to me in any way. 7th seal material's more like "Little Red Hen reverts to her natural hair color, takes up devout Lutheranism, marries some square-jawed clean-cut businessman, pops out a couple of squids, and serves big-ass casseroles(hot dishes?) for the rest of her days." Oh, and "stops drinking" should go on that list of LRH apocalypse-inducing behaviors.

Sat May 01, 2004 1:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW

hey hey! welcome to ze olde board. i am also a jonjon but without H's.

hopefully we wil... er wont confuse too many people. :)

-jonathan

DISSOCIATE "dr3k" "DECImate!" and "PRECURSOR 01-05"
Available NOW at http://dissociate.bandcamp.com

Sat May 01, 2004 2:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Sat May 01, 2004 3:09 pm

Seventh Seal? Awww heck, I already broke the Eighth Seal - and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt.

Tue May 04, 2004 8:31 pm

oh great. i dont remember much from prom, so i dont know who you are!? :P

Wed May 05, 2004 12:02 pm

I'm the 80's boy. Sorry, I didn't put more identifying fun stuff in the intro post, nor have I hosting for a proper avatar.

Wed May 05, 2004 2:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I'm the 80's boy. Sorry, I didn't put more identifying fun stuff in the intro post, nor have I hosting for a proper avatar.

oh yeah 80s boy! yeah, your cool... :)

Wed May 05, 2004 3:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]