View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 What's your petpeeve? 

i just gave my car new brakes and now it thinks it wants a tie rod.

greedy lil f.ucker

plus it still wants a muffler, but im holding out til you can hear me from 4 blocks away.

Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:24 pm
people who can obviously tell i'm staring at a computer screen, typing, not in the mood to converse, but they keep talking. this is happening to me at this very moment.

This happens to me just about every day with one of our IT guys. I never should have told him I was taking the A+ certification test...it's just one more excuse for him to not STFU.

Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:59 pm

my pet peeve, maybe more of a huge annoyance, but it happens with such occurance that i guess it IS a pet peeve...

my brother promising to babysit until set time and then when i show up to drop the kids off, his wife states that i need to be back considerably earlier, even though i made plans with people until the original time. all while my brother stands there like a fucking pussy.

i guess the same goes for anyone who babysits, but i've only ever run into this with my brother. granted that even getting him to agree to babysit is a new occurance. and my kids are almost 5 and 7! i soo can't wait until he has kids. my boyfriend said that when that times comes and they ask me "can you watch my 2 month old so i can actually get some sleep?" i should say "well, we were wanting to go out of town for a week, could you watch the boys for a week?".

yeah. i love my brother but i really really don't like him very much right now. or anytime since he met his wife. he used to be a part of my life, now i'm closer to many friends than i am him.

Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:32 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

People who you have to keep verbally prodding at to get answers.

People who, when I take their order, asking for their name and number, give me their name quickly and then plunge right into their number. I mean, does it even look like I'm done writing your fucking first name, biznatch?

Also, people chewing with their mouths open. It's surprising how many people at my work do this. And the breakroom is always so quiet...

Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:42 am

Eiregirl, you should have met my brother's wife. What a "PIECE OF WORK"!! She toy with my family, refused to see my new home and let our kids play together. She's is the most insecure, "poor me", spoiled princess from HELL!!

Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:35 am
Profile WWW

An ex-boss, who treated me like I was stupid when she was my supervisor, and now that we're equal in status and reporting to the same person, she wants to be my pal.

Why the f*ck does she have the cube across from me?!

Fri May 07, 2004 11:02 am
Why the f*ck does she have the cube across from me?!

Just think of it as an opportunity to grow as a person. If that doesn't work, put gum on her chair.

Fri May 07, 2004 12:40 pm

Just think of it as an opportunity to grow as a person. If that doesn't work, put gum on her chair.

I got yer personal growth right here.

(Sorry you're missing the visual part of this)

Fri May 07, 2004 1:21 pm

You know when people take the ice cubes out of the tray and put the empty or near-empty tray back into the freezer? That REALLY gets under my skin. I mean, how hard is it to run the damn tray under the faucet for 5 seconds before returning it to the freezer?

Ok, I'm done. That was therapeudic!

~Ether~

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

commercial graphic artist, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist

BACK ALLEY: https://www.facebook.com/backalleysocial
CRUSH COLLECTIVE: http://www.facebook.com/crushmydesign

Tue May 11, 2004 3:36 pm
Profile WWW

NO WAY AM I GONNA LET ETHER GET OFF THE HOOK ON THIS ONE!!!!!!

Evidently "near empty" means less than 2 cubes
I share this pet peave as well but I am here to pull back this man's curtain of deciet
There are not enough fingers and toes to count the amount of times I have gone into the freezer and pulled out an ice tray with TWO (count em') TWO!!!!! ICE CUBES IN IT

So don't go pulling this "I hate empty ice trays" bullsh!t
I know different

Tue May 11, 2004 6:38 pm
Profile WWW
Yeah, but usually the almost empty ice cube tray is my fault......you see, my pet peeve is having to fill the ice cube tray.....

:P

Tue May 11, 2004 8:11 pm

This goes way back to the days where we lived in Dallas

Wed May 12, 2004 1:07 am
Profile WWW

listening to couples bitch ( and I leave it up to you, dear reader, to figure out which two of the three of them constitute a couple) ;)

Last edited by drok on Wed May 12, 2004 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 12, 2004 1:58 am
Profile YIM

I share this pet peave as well but I am here to pull back this man's curtain of deciet
There are not enough fingers and toes to count the amount of times I have gone into the freezer and pulled out an ice tray with TWO (count em') TWO!!!!! ICE CUBES IN IT

I know different

Now now... let's be fair. If there were ever 2 cubes left in the ice tray when I lived with you, I assure you it was not MY doing. Your high ass probably just forgot that you'd emptied the tray 20 minutes earlier .

So don't give me this "I can remember stuff" rubbish!

~Ether~

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

Wed May 12, 2004 2:22 am
Profile WWW

Rockula! wrote:

I know different

Now now... let's be fair. If there were ever 2 cubes left in the ice tray when I lived with you, I assure you it was not MY doing. Your high ass probably just forgot that you'd emptied the tray 20 minutes earlier .

So don't give me this "I can remember stuff" rubbish!

~Ether~

oh wait, I think I just figured it out! :)

Wed May 12, 2004 2:25 am
Profile YIM

Wed May 12, 2004 1:40 pm

This is all kinda cute, don't you think?

There is nothing 'cute' about leaving an empty ice cube tray in the freezer. It is a horrendous crime against humanity.

~Ether~

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

Wed May 12, 2004 5:57 pm
Profile WWW

When you go to a place you called about employment about one to two days ago and their either not taking any more applications or they filled the postion already.

Wed May 19, 2004 5:15 pm

There is nothing 'cute' about leaving an empty ice cube tray in the freezer. It is a horrendous crime against humanity.

I mean the way you two are arguing like a couple. Kinda cute!

Wed May 19, 2004 8:22 pm

people who believe they KNOW despite evidence to the contrary. they'll never believe anything other than what they've already decided is the truth.

people who dont listen.

people who try to 'fix' me. yes, im broken. and I am working diligently on 'fixing' MYSELF. my therapist and psychiatrist agree that im progressing nicely thankyouverymuch. dont rush it.

dont tell me how to live my life. thats what yours is for.

Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:53 am

PETTY, PETTY women really gets on my fricken nerve.

I hate monday.

Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:14 am
Profile WWW

people who assume.

people who believe they KNOW despite evidence to the contrary. they'll never believe anything other than what they've already decided is the truth.

people who dont listen.

people who try to 'fix' me. yes, im broken. and I am working diligently on 'fixing' MYSELF. my therapist and psychiatrist agree that im progressing nicely thankyouverymuch. dont rush it.

dont tell me how to live my life. thats what yours is for.

Who defines broken? I'm broken, their broken...Etc. Everyone is forked up to someone. Some people don't realize that one person's 'broken' is another's 'quirky'. I don't think you're broken, I think you're a really good work-in-progress :)

Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:42 pm

Some of these pet peeves could inspire posts in the VIOLENCE thread as well... ;)

Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:43 pm

... I think you're a really good work-in-progress :)

thanks. after a conversation i had last nite i felt extremely broken when i am indeed a really good work-in-progress.

Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:54 pm

Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:58 pm
Profile WWW

I was too drunk for it to hurt when it happened, and it really doesn't hurt now, but having a smashed-up face is IRRITATING. A good portion of the surface of my nose is scraped up, and I feel really ugly, hate the stares of horror from people on the street, hate having to tell the story of how it happened like ten times per hour at work, and (stop reading now if you have a weak stomach) I hate hate HATE the itchy Band Aids making my undereyes swell up, HATE the leaking goo that was dogging me for the past two days (it has mercifully stopped, but BOY was that ANNOYING), I HATE having to wear multiple Band Aids in very hot sweaty weather and not being able to splash water on my face and scrub down the whole thing with soap without being very careful, I hate not being able to laugh, sing, whistle, rub my eyes without discomfort. This SUCKS.

The only cool thing about being horrifically wounded is the fact that, when people ask about my wounds, my boyfriend has taken to telling people I lipped off to him and he taught me a lesson I'd not soon forget. People's reactions to that are really funny. Although most folks just assume my parrot did it, which is kind of funny too.

Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:28 am
Profile WWW
I was too drunk for it to hurt when it happened, and it really doesn't hurt now, but having a smashed-up face is IRRITATING. A good portion of the surface of my nose is scraped up, and I feel really ugly, hate the stares of horror from people on the street, hate having to tell the story of how it happened like ten times per hour at work, and (stop reading now if you have a weak stomach) I hate hate HATE the itchy Band Aids making my undereyes swell up, HATE the leaking goo that was dogging me for the past two days (it has mercifully stopped, but BOY was that ANNOYING), I HATE having to wear multiple Band Aids in very hot sweaty weather and not being able to splash water on my face and scrub down the whole thing with soap without being very careful, I hate not being able to laugh, sing, whistle, rub my eyes without discomfort. This SUCKS.

The only cool thing about being horrifically wounded is the fact that, when people ask about my wounds, my boyfriend has taken to telling people I lipped off to him and he taught me a lesson I'd not soon forget. People's reactions to that are really funny. Although most folks just assume my parrot did it, which is kind of funny too.

*dies laughing* Man, am I gonna miss you two!

Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:26 am

is this a hookup happening...?

not everything in life is about a hookup lenin

Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:20 am

You gotta keep the broads in their place
Next thing you know they will be wearing pants and voting

Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:36 pm
Profile WWW

When people ask about my bruises, I've taken to averting my eyes and mumbling that I need to learn to listen.

Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:54 pm
Profile WWW

Nothing personal to any of you all, but it's a very close subject for me. My father nearly killed my mother twice by just pounding away on her. That's not even considering the phone receiver incident.

Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:26 pm

My father nearly killed my mother twice by just pounding away on her. That's not even considering the phone receiver incident....

What's the "phone receiver incident"?

Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:43 pm

My father got very angry, and in the middle of beating my mom, decided that it would be a good idea to grab the phone receiver and start beating her with that as well. He broke the three inner fingers on her right hand (which she was using to shield her face since he was aiming for the head) which then weren't ever set properly because the doctor refused to fix her. Abuse was still okay back then as long as it was by the husband. 'Cuz, y'know, obviously it was the wife's fault.

Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:49 pm

Your guy seems like a nice teddy bear, maybe that's possitive karma paying you back for having such a mean dad.

Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:55 pm

*grin* Yeah, he is. I hope it's good karma, anyway.

Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:00 pm

No offense to your personal situation but if you wanna go that route then no one can make jokes about anything that could have cause someone else pain
This would become a very plain and vanilla world
No one could write songs about it
There would be no movies with any interesting things going on at all
No books either
Art would cease to exist

Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:19 pm
Profile WWW
I have to agree with Rockula! here. Even though I was sexually abused by one of my parents' friend's husband, Ethel's pedophile joke is still one of my favorites. Although it's not a funny subject in itself, being able to laugh at it tells me that I'm at least partway through the healing process and that the horrible man that did that to me no longer has power over my life and feelings.

Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:18 am

My bed won't let me go to work on time anymore.

Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:28 am

Can't stand Closed-Minded people. Aaarrgghhhh!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:53 am
Profile WWW

My bed won't let me go to work on time anymore.

dang, is that what keeps happening? i think i have this problem too.

BAD bed. BAD BAD bed. zzzzzzz

Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:00 pm

I have to agree with Rockula! here. Even though I was sexually abused by one of my parents' friend's husband, Ethel's pedophile joke is still one of my favorites. Although it's not a funny subject in itself, being able to laugh at it tells me that I'm at least partway through the healing process and that the horrible man that did that to me no longer has power over my life and feelings.

I love it when I can honestly ask questions like this one?

Um, which pedophile joke? I know quite a few...

Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
I love it when I can honestly ask questions like this one?

Um, which pedophile joke? I know quite a few...

The one with the little girl who's parents were in the car wreck. Sick, but funny!

Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:28 pm

nuff said

Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:26 am
I hate Monsters who break my heart.......

Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:04 pm
"girls gone wild" commercials, there'll be like 5 of them playing among the channels at any given time at night.

Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:29 am

where the hell did you people learn how to spell?

Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:48 pm
Profile YIM

todays pet peeve is that liquor stores are closed on sundays. dont get me wrong, i have beer, but im craving a little something extra and *sigh* cant have it.

Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:01 pm

Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:06 pm

*waves* at veinsplasher. left hand, right hand, left hand, right hand....

Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:16 pm

And another pet peeve... Laurlamonster never wears clothes made out of beer cans anymore...

Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:32 pm

When people makes poor judgement of others and myself. That's so highschool.

Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:29 pm
Profile WWW

And another pet peeve... Laurlamonster never wears clothes made out of beer cans anymore...

but its not halloweeeeeeeen.

and if i did people might comment on how much i drink

and i might get angry

and i might have to kick someones ass

which would result in my ass getting kicked.

so see, i cant wear beer attire without getting my ass kicked.

i thought that was obvious to everyone.

Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:32 pm
Post I hate
People that say they hate feet...
People who say they are scared of clowns...
People that scream when the lap bar comes down on that looping space ship ride at Valley Fair... It doesn't really hurt.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:38 pm
Post I hate
People that say they hate feet...
People who say they are scared of clowns...
People that scream when the lap bar comes down on that looping space ship ride at Valley Fair... It doesn't really hurt.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:39 pm

Oh man! The clown thing. Do you know how irritating it is when a grown woman starts going off about how much friggin' clowns scare her? They immediately lose at least eighty IQ points in my mind (which typically puts most of them in the negative region). It's like a joke someone tells you that's been going around for years and years but they honestly believe it's the first time you've ever heard it. For some reason Darksider girls seem to think it's fashionable to be frightened by clowns or something, and they act incredibly stupid whenever the subject comes up.

Besides, there isn't one damn thing that's the least bit frightening about clowns. They're pathetic old men who cower behind grease paint and masturbate into balloons while drunk on brandy. Sure, a few of them molest children, but unless you still don't have your pubes, there's nothing remotely terrifying about the damn clowns. Get over it.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:36 pm

LOL! I have yet to hear any goth girl say they were afraid of clowns.

My pet peeve for the day: TANTRUMS! I hate when my son throws them. I know he can tell how much they bother me.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:42 pm

Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:15 pm

i umm.... wrote a list of things i hate (pet peeves)

feet, people in general, cinnamon candy, lemon candy, fishing, hunting, cold, hot, Nicole Kidman, sports, running, gym, mosquitos, flys, phisical human contact, racism, sexism, jelly beans, most things that are pink, anything yellow, purple underwear, not being good at anything, blue pen ink, romance novels, so called "vampire slayers", liberals, tomatoes, onions, cold nacho cheese, Shania Twain, Gretchin Wilson, country music, rap music, ice in soda, old people, unicorns, wanna-be goths that arent in the least goth, red meat, pork, skirts, people who cant spell anarchy correctly, vomiting, porn pop-up when i dont want them, no appreciation for things that are truely great, people who dont apreciate art, ice coffee, morons, idiots, stupid people (yes, they are all different), snow cones, mildew, the sun and its painfull brightness, math, baths (not showers), newspaper, copper, horses, ribbons, 4th place medals, lake fish, hotdogs, people with little or no culture, doing dishes, chores or any work for free, Hilary Duff, the olson twins, Paris Hilton, Jesse Macartney, Aaron Carter, Linsay Lohan, preppys

congrats if you actually managed to read it all
--VK

p.s.- nothing from my hate list was directed at anybody here

Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:37 am
Profile YIM

People who learned to spell incorrectly, or make chronic grammar mistakes....

Heres a quick lesson:

The plural of a noun ending in "y" is
usually formed by adding "s" if the "y"
follows a vowel (a, e, i, o, u) or changing
"y" to "ies" if the "y" follows a consonant.

Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next