View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 hey.... 
Post hey....
Ok this is the board were you introduce yourself right? Well I guess I'm new, and I will admit, in the being a newbie part I want to know how this place "ticks" yea wierd statement but I guess I am pretty blunt on these types of things.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:08 pm

well, we're hypercritical about spelling and punctuation, I have a personal vendetta against internet spelling and names in all caps. mostly, we're a bunch of uptight, pompous, holier-than-thou know-it-alls who are xenophobic and pretentious, to the vanishing point.

welcome to gothling.

Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:29 am
Profile YIM

I don't care about your spelling or punctuation.

Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:33 am

What makes this board tick? Well, this board is populated by people who know what real Goth is about. We don't dye our hair black, wear dreads and baggy pants, or listen to Marilyn Manson (well, okay, a couple people here do) because that isn't Goth. We remember bands like The Sisters Of Mercy, Bauhaus, Clan Of Xymox, Alien Sex Fiend, etc. We are educated, we keep up with what's in the news, and we get together at bars and social events to hang out, drink, and catch up with one another. We don't mind new people but when they make really stupid posts about unimportant or inane things we will call them out for it en masse. Some people mistake that for being pretentious. We just don't like to waste our time with such stupidity. It irritates us.

Most of us are in our twenties and thirties. Some are even older. We have nothing against kids of high school age, but when they bring their insipid kid-drama to the board we become irritated and agitated because we couldn't care less about such things. They haven't been important to us in years.

There are many different personalities here. Some are highly intelligent, some are deviously comic, some are nice and accommodating, and some are caustic and insulting. It's a rather diverse group, with a variety of shared interests.

Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:09 am

Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:31 am
Profile YIM WWW

Umm, dude ~ a lot of us DO dye our hair black. ;)

Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:34 pm
this sounds like a pretty good site, and yes for the record I like to keep my username in caps (simple things amuse me) & I have horrible spelling. I am not sure why, but I'm just like that. Thanks for explaining certain things other wise I would have been unsure I guess. thanks for your time??

Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:17 pm

hey, at least you use punctuation. Welcome.

Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:30 pm
Profile WWW

Well, we're hypercritical about spelling and punctuation; I have a personal vendetta against internet spelling and names in all caps. Mostly, we're a bunch of uptight, pompous, holier-than-thou know-it-alls who are xenophobic and pretentious- to the vanishing point.

Welcome to Gothling.

Fixed. You're welcome.

Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:34 pm

Hey, at least you use punctuation. Welcome.

Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:36 pm

Umm, dude ~ a lot of us DO dye our hair black. ;)

ditto kiddo.

and alot of us old people dont use punctuation either. it slows us down.

Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]