View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Introduce yourself (extended version) 
Post Introduce yourself (extended version)
I'm not a regular and maybe this has already been brought up but I was curious if any gothic people really still live in the cities? Or even if you are a blend of rave, fetish, industrial and appearance wise stand out in a crowd, what is your occupation? Student, professional, artist whatever? Are there any other places to dress up and hang out where the music isn't so loud or you don't feel like dancing and maybe just chill and have a conversation. Sometimes I feel like keeping a scene alive should be more involved than two hours of dancing if anyone even shows up. Sorry so wordy but just a troubled, frustrated fan of the scene looking for something that might not be out there.

Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:43 pm

Post Re: Introduce yourself (extended version)
tickle wrote:
I'm not a regular and maybe this has already been brought up but I was curious if any gothic people really still live in the cities?

Nope. They're all dead.

tickle wrote:
Or even if you are a blend of rave, fetish, industrial and appearance wise stand out in a crowd, what is your occupation? Student, professional, artist whatever?

Uhh, yeah, I guess. But this is the "Introduce Yourself" forum, so I'm not gonna post MY life story on YOUR introduction thread.

tickle wrote:
Are there any other places to dress up and hang out where the music isn't so loud or you don't feel like dancing and maybe just chill and have a conversation. Sometimes I feel like keeping a scene alive should be more involved than two hours of dancing if anyone even shows up.

Have you seen this thread yet? "Electropussy" gatherings at the CC Club (I think the name was originally intended for something at the Kitty Cat Klub, in case you were wondering what the "pussy" part was all about) are just kind of "hang out and socialize" gatherings. A much better place to get to know people than, say, a loud dark nightclub.

Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:58 pm

Post Re: Introduce yourself (extended version)
tickle wrote:
Sometimes I feel like keeping a scene alive should be more involved than two hours of dancing if anyone even shows up.

Agreed.

Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:00 pm
I'm not chat savy so whoever is in charge of posts, post this where it needs to be but THANkS for whoever took the time to clue me in. Maybe someday I'll make a road trip and meet some new blood suckers or zombies, desperation holds no boundaries.

Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:45 pm

Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]