View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 MMOs (what do you play?) 
Post MMOs (what do you play?)
Hey folks...

I know I'm relatively new around here, but I figured I'd poke my head in and find out if anyone plays MMOs here. I was inspired by the "life at 3am" topic, since gaming is what I find myself doing into the wee hours of the morning, and I figure I'm not alone here in that aspect.

Getting to the point, I play The Matrix Online, even though the game has gotten pretty boring for me and I dont like the idea of paying each month for something thats basically a huge timekiller.

I also have an account with Guild Wars, but havent played that in at least 6 months.

So anyone else play MxO or any other MMOs? If so, it's always fun to play with people from your area. Right? RIGHT? Ah, what do you know...

-Freak on-

Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:42 pm

I've been playing a lot of AutoAssault lately. It's kinda fun. No swords. No magic crap. Just driving around in a postapocalyptic wasteland blowing the piss outta stuff with your heavily-armed car.

(My only other MMORPG was the original Everquest; I retired my bard at level 51. Actually, he was probably about a level 53, but every time I hit level 52 I had a necro buddy sacrifice me back down to 51 because it's the ideal level for a solo fashion-bard to be. My claim to fame was being able to solo 2 or 3 Hill Giants simultaneously, even when they conned yellow and red to me.)

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:02 pm

I've been playing world of warcraft for about 2 years. korgath alliance/horde emerald dream, i always use the same name.. everywhere. :)

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:57 pm
Profile WWW

I read books. They are things that contain lots of words and many intriguing ideas. Check 'em out! You can even borrow them for free at a local "Library." And they don't suck the brain right out of your head.

Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:09 am

what's funnier is that people that are huge video game people read more than those that arent, what with all those game manuals and faq things.

Myself, I like to split my time between reading and other activities; I have to be in the mood to sit and read for a while since I dont like to only read a chapter or so at a time. Then again, I do that when I eventually go to sleep... well, whatever.

Sarcasm is still funny.

Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:20 am

I'll probably start WoW when the weather turns to shit.

Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:10 pm
Profile YIM

Post No MMO
FPS all the way. Unreal Tournament, Quake, Doom, Halo, Marathon, etc.

I've been pretty much turned off MMO's due to the behavior of others. I used to be a MUDDER in my day. However in the end, I'd rather blow someone's face off than gather herbs.

Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:31 pm

I read books. They are things that contain lots of words and many intriguing ideas. Check 'em out! You can even borrow them for free at a local "Library." And they don't suck the brain right out of your head.

Pfft to that.

I've never gotten any random-drop phat lewt out of a book !

And how many unshowered guys in their underwear pretending to be women can you interact with at the library ?

Plus, every time I try to get a screenshot of myself in a sexual pose with a mob, the librarian shoos me out with a ruler.

Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:11 pm

~Ether

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

commercial graphic artist, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist

BACK ALLEY: https://www.facebook.com/backalleysocial
CRUSH COLLECTIVE: http://www.facebook.com/crushmydesign

Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:55 pm
Profile WWW

Ive played Anarchy Online, Star Wars Galaxies, and Final Fantasy Online.

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:04 pm

I havn't done much for online gaming for a while. I started getting into a new music project and lost my ambition for games. I was never in the games that you had to pay for anyway. The last MMO was knights online since it was free.

Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:35 am

i played ffXI, which was fun just coz i was the shortest character in the game and would run around punching kneecaps (tarutaru monk) and then no one was ever on and you have to group to level, and $15/month is a lot to pay to just sit online not doing anything.

so i started maplestory, which is completely free, MMO, and side-scrolling, which is pretty boss.

Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW

a long while ago i used to play Ultima Online, it was actually really fun with a bunch of friends, good thing the company totally screwed it up a year into the making, otherwise we'd prolly waste a lot more time in it.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:41 pm

Of all the dead threads, this is the one you chose to ressurect?

Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:19 pm

Phantasy Star Universe comes out real soon. It looks pretty good so far. I will be picking this up as soon as it drops.

Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:59 pm

ive got level 50 hunter on world of warcraft

Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:12 am

you know, I didn't think it could happen to me, but I have started playing a multiplayer online game. it's pretty rad. check it out. http://www.sf0.org

Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]