View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Cell Phones 

Post Cell Phones
What kind of cell do you have? Do you love it? Hate it? Tell us all about it.

Last winter I bought a Nokia 6133 and so far I haven't had any complants. Before I decided on this one I tried out a Motorola which got crappy reception and another Nokia that had a soft skin that looked like it would fall apart within six months. I thought about possibly upgrading to one of those phones with the full size keypad (since I mostly text) but I don't like how small the keys are.

Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:11 pm

It was the cheapest one by Virgin mobile
I will use it to call people and have people call me
Not to text
or watch videos
or download the latest Modest Mouse ringtone
Just to call people

Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:17 am
Profile WWW

I bought a motorola RAZR a year and a half ago. I dig it. I go through T-mobile and have for about four years. I've never had a problem with service and never once experienced a dropped call. I can't badmouth any other service-providers because I've never tried any other service. My feeling is, if it ain't broke - don't fix it. I've never had a problem with T-mobile so there's no point in switching to another service. If I start experiencing problems I'll consider switching. The RAZR is a good phone. It's slim and convenient. I don't look for all the ridiculous add-ons with a phone. I don't care about video and other goofy traits. I want my phone to be a phone. I don't have a land line, just my cell. I dig it. Nothing wrong on my end.

Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:52 am

Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:26 am

I have a Sanyo SCP-7300(K) and I hate it.

As a phone, it's great. I've never had better reception and it doesn't drop calls.

It also has a VERY tough hinge and rubber outer so it's practically unbreakable which is good because I have broken 3 or 4 phones. I can't seem to break this one.

I hate everything else about it. The menus are hard to navigate, the ring tones suck, the interface is garbage and the battery power is trash if you don't charge it every night.

Oh yeah, and it crashes, locks up, turns itself off, etc.

It's a pile of shit, but I can't break it so I keep it. Breaking a $300 phone every year gets expensive.

Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:42 am

I have a RAZR. I bought mine about a year ago. I love it!!! I wish I could find a way to make the phone beep when it opens, like the old school Star Trek communicator.

Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:16 pm
Profile WWW

I wish I could find a way to make the phone beep when it opens, like the old school Star Trek communicator.

Star Trek Communicator phone

"You have an incoming message" announces the voice of Lieutenant Commander Worf. Flip open the phone, hear the famous communicator chirp, and take your incoming call. Finish the call and check your schedule for the day. The Star Trek Communicator phone displays a list of features on the main screen.

Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:00 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070709/us_nm/sprint_dc

COMPLAINT DEPT CLOSED!!

Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:44 pm

I bought a motorola RAZR a year and a half ago. I dig it. I go through T-mobile and have for about four years. I've never had a problem with service and never once experienced a dropped call. I can't badmouth any other service-providers because I've never tried any other service. My feeling is, if it ain't broke - don't fix it. I've never had a problem with T-mobile so there's no point in switching to another service. If I start experiencing problems I'll consider switching. The RAZR is a good phone. It's slim and convenient. I don't look for all the ridiculous add-ons with a phone. I don't care about video and other goofy traits. I want my phone to be a phone. I don't have a land line, just my cell. I dig it. Nothing wrong on my end.

i used to have a RAZR, it was a pretty good phone, except i apparently had an older model that had some reception problems. i would get this static feedback once in awhile. other than that, trusty little phone, while it lasted for me.

i too have been with t-mobile for years (almost 5) and love them. in january, i got the t-mobile Dash, and it's been my best phone yet.

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:53 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

I have an old Sanyo 7200. It's a nextel clone, before Sprint bought Nextel. POS, I really need a new one.

I've been with sprint for 7yrs.. they suck, go to someone else :)

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:26 pm

I had a Razr and I hated it. It was the cheapest made phone and had the worst operating system and was completely worthless and only lasted me about one year. After which time it would constantly reboot itself mid conversations and sometimes I would end up having to call some people back 5 and 6 times just to finish a sentence.
The one phone I had before that was a Sony Ericson and it was a tank. I had it for a couple years. I loved the operating system. I am so hard on phones that I go through them fast. This time I spent money to make sure I got a tank for a phone and I ended up buying Sony Ericsson's W810i. It is the best phone I have ever owned and it is a complete TANK!
It has a 2.0 mp auto focus Camera with Video, Enhanced Walkman Media Player and FM Radio, Mobile Email, AIM, MSN IM, Yahoo! IM, Memory Stick duo, and there is so much more I am forgetting. I love my phone.
I am waiting though to get the iphone when gen 3 is released. I will probably regret it but I like the things it is capable of and would like to give it a try. I will keep my Sony Ericsson as a back up just in case the iphone can handle me.

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:04 am
Profile WWW

After a year and a half I've never experienced a problem with the RAZR. But I'm not "hard on my phone." I take care of the expensive things I buy. The phone I had befor this lasted me well over three years. The battery finnaly just died and I decided to get a new phone.

I'm cheap and don't like to spend a lot of money on toys, so I make sure the things I do buy last me a long, long time. And, having grown up rather poor and never really having nice things, I always take expert care of the spendier items I do purchase.

Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:00 pm

But I'm not "hard on my phone." I take care of the expensive things I buy.

Given a choice between two products with one built more durably, I've learned to choose that one, even if it isn't as nice as the other. I know I'm going to drop it, kick it, crush it, hit it, smash it, scratch it and generally treat it like shit, even while I'm trying very hard not to damage it.

I try very hard to be good to my stuff, but I somehow manage to damage my things, even if I'm careful. I'm a moose in a china shop around anything worth over $4.99

Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:03 pm

I've never dropped my phone, pushed it into the toilet, stepped on it or whatever. I can be a pretty clumsy person, but I'm very conscious about treating my phone with care.

I don't want to have to buy another one for at least another year.

Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:24 pm
i have a cute hot pink RAZR & have no complaints. the people that i talk to do though, apparently the phone makes my voice so loud that people have to turn down their volume. i don't know if it's a problem that i can fix or what, i really don't care. i haven't looked in to all the functions of the phone yet other than the camera.

Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:02 pm

I just got a Nokia 5300 Xpress. I haven't really worked with it much yet, but it's got music, camera, video (hell, what doesn't nowadays) and I was able to import all my contact info without any problems at all. The sound seems a bit above average and I read a ton of good reviews before I slapped my money down. So far, so good!

Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]