View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 What's your petpeeve? 

Post Re: What's your petpeeve?
Ether wrote:
Rockula! wrote:
Axe body spray commercials

Double pitts to chesty!!!

~€~

it's a new slang fad + an appropriate description of their ads overall!

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:44 am
Profile WWW

Also notice that some of the Axe commercials involve women tackling men and forcing them to use their product
Now picture if there were commercials involving roving gangs of men tackling women and doing the same thing
Double standard anyone?

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:35 pm
Profile WWW

Rockula! wrote:
Also notice that some of the Axe commercials involve women tackling men and forcing them to use their product
Now picture if there were commercials involving roving gangs of men tackling women and doing the same thing
Double standard anyone?

male fantasies don't translate well in reverse

Besides, what kind of waifs would need to be hired to make such a scenario less of a predominant feminine nightmare? The men involved would need to be so extremely non-threatening that they'd either blind the camera man with fabulousness or be unable to tackle anything with more weight than a paperclip.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:34 pm
Profile WWW

Queer Eye for the Straight Guy
|
v
Queer Nose for Stank Ho's

I'm expecting royalty checks soon, FOX programming execs.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:29 pm

Bruce Springsteen.

The guy started out as a minor annoyance on my radar, but over the years he has grown into a full-blown peeve of mine. The dude can't sing, first of all. He croaks and he even sucks at that. His music is boring and predictable, and his entire career exists because he once looked good to women when he wore tight jeans. You would think that he would go away now that he can't pull of the jeans, but no. He's still around. He makes this pathetic attempt to compensate for his saggy ass by morphing into the second coming of Bob Dylan as some kind of lame guitar troubadour and some supposedly 'deep' songs. I think they all suck. Then when that doesn't work he tours with the full band to prove he's still got 'it'. What a pointless lameass.

~€~

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

commercial graphic artist, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist

BACK ALLEY: https://www.facebook.com/backalleysocial
CRUSH COLLECTIVE: http://www.facebook.com/crushmydesign

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:15 pm
Profile WWW

Ether wrote:
Bruce Springsteen.

The guy started out as a minor annoyance on my radar, but over the years he has grown into a full-blown peeve of mine. The dude can't sing, first of all. He croaks and he even sucks at that. His music is boring and predictable, and his entire career exists because he once looked good to women when he wore tight jeans. You would think that he would go away now that he can't pull of the jeans, but no. He's still around. He makes this pathetic attempt to compensate for his saggy ass by morphing into the second coming of Bob Dylan as some kind of lame guitar troubadour and some supposedly 'deep' songs. I think they all suck. Then when that doesn't work he tours with the full band to prove he's still got 'it'. What a pointless lameass.

~€~

you're entitled to your opinion, but can't say i agree (not a fan by the way, though my wife does like his music). i definitely wouldn't say he is that bad. some of his songs are good. i just don't like them so much that i would seek them out. i'd certainly much rather listen to his music than a lot of the other crap out there.
i guess i figure if a person or group is selling that many records for that long of a time, there has to be something of some substance there.
most soloists or bands sell a lot of albums but only for a short period of time, which is usually an indicator of trend or a particular appeal that fades after a time.
i'm definitely not trying to equate quantity with quality as there are some very fine bands out there that will probably never sell 10,000 albums let alone 10 million. i'm just saying that there has to be a point where quantity and duration are indicative of substantive quality or the band would not be as sucessful for as long as they are.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:48 pm

Yeah, he's sure no Owl City.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:29 pm

zom-zom wrote:
Yeah, he's sure no Owl City.

heh, i forgot about that...

Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:38 pm

I'm not a fan, but he didn't sell records because of his denim-clad ass, though that imagery may have helped sales of that album in certain demographics.

Dude was a long-haired hippie folkie before all that Joisy Rock.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:19 pm

its still amusing to see so many people sing "born in the USA" and not understand the irony.

fisty must love it.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Hey, I understand the dislike, but I'm digging his new soul patch he grew...

Along his lines, at the big, televised Johnny Cash tribute concert that happened right after his death Kid Rock played a cover of "What is Truth" and it was nearly identical to just about any Springsteen performance in sound. Thankfully Cash's lyrics adds far more weight to the song than Kid Rock could take away by performing it.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:19 am
Profile WWW

seasonfire wrote:
i guess i figure if a person or group is selling that many records for that long of a time, there has to be something of some substance there.

I think that IS my pet peeve with him. I don't mind fad musicians because I can rest assured they will go away after an album or two. This guy keeps hanging around and I don't think he deserves it.

He surrounded himself with good musicians and that doesn't hurt I'm sure. I think his songs are mostly lame and he has really gone downhill in recent years. I suppose there is an attraction for people who want really safe, easily digestible music that doesn't challenge them in any way. And I suppose people like that Christmas crap he does where he asks Clarence if he wants Santa to bring him a new saxophone... beyond that, I just don't know what people see in that douchewad.

And yes, it's just my opinion. No offense intended toward anyone who loves this chode, or is married to someone who loves his stuff or whatever. I just think Springsteen needs to go away already.

~€ther~

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:25 pm
Profile WWW

Yes, you're entitled to your opinion. And based on the complete lack of depth in any of your own music (my opinion) it's easily understandable why you just don't get Springsteen. What he represents is great, old fashioned Rock N Roll as tailored by the common, working class perspectives. The music sounds simplistic but many of the arrangements are actually quite complex and the instrumentation can be wildly varied. It's pure Americana. The man's songwriting chops are filled with more hooks stretched over the past few decades than most any other Rock musician has ever been able to create and his voice is distinctive and appealing to many. His lyrical prowess cuts straight to what most people care about with a depth of understanding few others have ever been able to replicate. As for his more "recent" output, I haven't heard his last album, Working On A Dream, but '07's Magic was one of his best albums, IMHO. He's still great at what he does.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:44 am

I think one of the problems for many people is the percieved hype around the artist
For instance, I can remember Henry Rollins mentioning Springsteen several times in his book "Get in the Van" but never once actually talking about his music
It was always about "some Springsteen worshiping dickhead" who bought into the Born in the USA era causing trouble for Rollins
The same goes for Jello in the song "Terminal Preppie"
"I want a wife with tits who.. just smiles all the time... in my centerfold world...filled with Springsteen and wine"
I can remember those days and I can remember hating all of those fuckasses too
I am just about one of the worst when it comes to applying the hype surrounding an artist and have probably missed out on some music I might enjoy if I would just lower my defenses

I can remember liking "Born to Run" when I was a kid
The imagery appealed to the spark of dissatisfaction that was growing in me about being stuck in a mundane suburban life
That song made me think in terms of images and experiences, which is more than I can say for most songs of that era (even the ones I loved)
Then I saw the video for "Rosalita" and saw how intense his live performances were
I couldn't believe that someone could be so fucking heavy without pyro and whammy bars and macho posturing and god-like rock star self importance
Do I like everything he's donne?
I can't say because I haven't given it all a listen
Some is OK, some is great and some could be boring as hell

Ether has every right to be annoyed by the Springsteen juggernaut because he was the figurehead of an entire hype campaign that represented the growing influence of the yuppie infestation of the 80's
Every douche from the guy who wore his "everyman" costume to the biggest douche of all, Ronald Reagan, used him to make themselves look like they had validity

Finally
I think you may be a bit heavy handed when lobbing that ball back at Ether
Yeah, he deserves to be reminded that we all judge artists unfairly because of the circumstances of fame and success that surround them but his songwriting has more depth than most
I wouldn't have put up with his shit (not joking or being playful here) for so long if I did not think there was depth to his writing

Devil certainly has tons of musical knowledge and experience to back up his critiques (that's why I quit dismissing his opinions)
However, I have never heard any of his compositions, so I cannot say that he has the accomplishments to give his attack on Ether's lack of depth any weight

Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:57 pm
Profile WWW

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBOV8WzH-oY&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:08 pm

devil wrote:
Yes, you're entitled to your opinion. And based on the complete lack of depth in any of your own music (my opinion) it's easily understandable why you just don't get Springsteen. What he represents is great, old fashioned Rock N Roll as tailored by the common, working class perspectives.

You made a lot of good points in defense of Brucey, but acting is if you know something of my music makes you look silly. Quality aside, it makes no sense to compare my music with Springsteen. He writes music in a completely different style than I do. He's a national artist and I'm a local artist. He's roughly 300 years older than I am. Nowhere did I compare my music to his - was just sharing a pet peeve in a thread about pet peeves.

As an artist, I am my own worst critic. That being said, I can't allow someone who knows nothing of my music to categorize it with reckless ignroance. The fact remains that the musicians I've worked with over the years, past and present, all respect me. All of them. These aren't slouches either- they are respected musicians in their own right. This puts me in a rather unique position of not having to defend my work against people such as yourself.

If you like hard-working, blue collar Americana so much perhaps you should spend less time on a DARK TWIN CITIES message board and more time attending a Mellencap book signing or something. Heck, Miley Cyrus sings songs about the USA- maybe that's more your speed.

~€ther~

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:08 pm
Profile WWW

Well, the only thing I "know" about your music comes from your "debut" album from, what, five years ago? I actually still have it. Hey, maybe you've gotten better. I haven't heard any other recordings though. The arrangements were pretty substandard and the lyrics were embarrassingly juvenile, almost painful to read and hear. It didn't inspire me to keep up with your work. You sounded like every other cookie cutter band on 93X. You've got a great voice for rock, unfortunately you sound like that guy from Nickelback. But you can go a long way with that raspy delivery so I'm not going to try to discourage you.

I wasn't comparing you to Springsteen. That's apples and oranges. I've worked with a lot of musicians over the years, in jazz and in rock, and they've always had nice things to say about my contributions. Looking back on those works I can't always say I agree with their assessments in hindsight. Musicians are a support group for one another. Sure, they can get catty at times but I've heard plenty of musicians talk up a peer to their face but behind their back just shake their head at the perceived inability of said peer. I don't bullshit musicians and blow smoke up their asses. If I like what you're doing I'll be vocal about it. And if I dislike it I'm given to mentioning that as well, precisely because of all the smoke being blown up every musician's ass. I'd get irritated if everyone liked what I'd done.

My pet peeve is rock without force or depth (which represents nearly every rock band out there today). You can be plenty forceful in a visceral sense without actually conveying much force to the listener. I'm also sick of common time arrangements and the whole sickening verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus structure that needs to be retired permanently.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:34 pm

devil wrote:
unfortunately you sound like that guy from Nickelback

and now the claws will come out...

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:28 pm

devil wrote:
Hey, maybe you've gotten better. I haven't heard any other recordings though.

Do you like Tool?

In defense of the "juvenile lyrics" issue , I think pretty much 90% of lyrics I hear sound juvenile (I don't even remember half the Autonomy lyrics and I recorded the album)
How many times have I heard shit come out of Reznor's mouth that sounded like some teenager's first pen strokes after he got dumped?
The lyrics I write sound juvenile to me even when others say they are good
That's why I tend to write instrumental music
I'm sure that, if you posted lyrics here that you wrote, I could pick it apart
and make it look ridiculous as well

Talk about catty
You don't seem to mind throwing your opinion around but get all personal and mean spirited when someone calls you out to back up your position
I seem to remember the last time I questioned you, all you could do was try to piss me off my talking shit about Buckethead (who has more talent and accomplishment than all of the people on this board combined by the way)
I will always concede that you know what you are talking about when giving general opinions/reviews on music and you can articulate why you like or dislike something
However, I have yet to see you provide one instance where your rubber met the road
All I have heard are the things you claimed to have done
So
Why don't you post some tracks Devil?
Let's see how they hold up under the scrutiny of all the musical pricks that populate this board
I bet you won't do so well either

My pet peeve?
Looking for other musicians to collaborate with and finding a bunch of jealous, posessive "band leaders" with zero ability to compromise
I have been looking forever for someone to work with and have offered limitless access to my own compositions, just begging someone to come put their mark on it
However, all I seem to get are people who are convinced that their material is superior and cannot be dilluted by someone else's vision
If your shit is so great then why are you looking on Cragslist for band members?

My 2nd pet peeve is musicians that say they can play the kind of music you are looking to do but have no experience or material to back up their claim
"Sure, I like noise music and wanna use lots of effects" and then all of their tracks are some metal band the played with and the the only effect I hear is a distortion pedal
Just because you like a certain kind of music doesn't mean you can actually play it

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:37 am
Profile WWW

devil wrote:
Well, the only thing I "know" about your music comes from your "debut" album from, what, five years ago? I actually still have it. Hey, maybe you've gotten better. I haven't heard any other recordings though.

Thanks for proving my point.

I am proud of the music on that album, however it's the debut album for a band that formed in 2001 and a lot has changed in the decade since those songs were written. Heck, I've evolved a lot as an artist since then. If I hadn't then I'd say it's time for a new pursuit.

Nice try though. The Nickelback sucker punch was an especially nice touch so I have to give you credit for that, even though it's nonsense/bait. I've advertised my dislike for Nickelback so you are trying to turn that around on me to compare my voice to that guy. Clever. *yawn*

For the record, I had a music career before and after that album so what you are attempting is like judging Springsteen's career on that Tunnel of Love debacle alone.

~€~

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:04 pm
Profile WWW

Did I step into the political thread?

How about some a little turnaround?

I really respect Autonomy, with or without the positive influence of Rockula' s drumming. I deeply enjoyed the shows we did together, and actually stayed in the crowd to watch THEM after PCP's set was done... unless some other band's members decided to get me high.... and thanks for that one in La Crosse, E. While the band's music may not have been revolutionary in the past, it conveyed a certain contrarian take on convention which I found refreshing and very enjoyable.

I really respect Devil's opinion of music. I believe him to be of great character as a music critic. That is hard to say, because "character" and "critic" don't typicaly go well together. I have personally requested his opinions of my music at different times because I won't get fed bullshit. For the record: I don't believe he ever enjoyed a song I've written, but he was at least able to articulate why.

And Rockula is absolutely right. Trying to find musicians to perform and help write music in a cooperative fashion is a fucking nightmare. I'm going to go hug my DAW for being so cooperative.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:22 pm
Profile WWW

Long Pig wrote:
Did I step into the political thread?

Sorry, I've got a much less controversial pet peeve I can throw out there-

It really pisses me off when these cheeseheads and Texans come over here into our state and take all of our white women! What's up with that?!?!?

:wink:

~€~

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:03 pm
Profile WWW

i'm a cheesehead dating one of your white women.

eat it, sucka!

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Cut me some slack
I wouldn't say I have had a complete dry spell of the last few years but I sure was thirsty
The forecast for this Spring, however, is very positive

Pet Peeve-Girls who give you their phone number and then ignore/avoid you
I accept that no means no
It also means that I don't have to waste my time and look like a fucking fool trying to rope you into a date

Pet Peeve X2- Girls who fit into the aformentioned category but are doing it for the sheer pleasure of watching someone jump through hoops
I can understand if you are shy and just don't wanna be a bitch but don't stick me just to watch me jump

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:26 pm
Profile WWW

Ether wrote:
It really pisses me off when these cheeseheads and Texans come over here into our state and take all of our white women! What's up with that?!?!?

Technically, I'm a FIP and my wife is, among other things, Native and Romanian Gypsy. So it couldn't have referred to ME!

:wink: Back atcha.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:31 am
Profile WWW

Still waiting on those tracks to prove you're not as full of shit as the rest of us
Maybe you cna't post them because they're all on tape?
You can read several meanings into that last statement

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:02 pm
Profile WWW

Rockula! wrote:
Do you like Tool?

He means that as an insult, I know, but I take it as a compliment because I actually admire the craftsmanship of that band's music. In fact, we all do. We don't aspire to be like them or do what they do, but it's certainly possible some of their influence shines through in our more recent work. Naturally I am biased, but I am proud of it all and feel it is unique, interesting, and enjoyable music that has been cared for and exhibits passion and talent that few bands in this area can match.

I don't expect Devil to start posting music for us to check out, because if it exists he probably would be worried that it wouldn't be given a fair shot in this context. Oddly enough, he couldn't be more wrong because I would actually give it the fair critique he failed to give to to my stuff. The one thing I will always be straight about is music, and if it wowed me I would not be too proud to admit it. Heck, if he knows so much about writing lyrics I might learn something.

~€~

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:28 pm
Profile WWW

Captcha's after one mis-typed attempt at signing in on MySpace

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:04 pm
Profile WWW

Pet peeve of the day... Census 2010 job number foolishness:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/t ... 17VmxKKR0O

Wed May 26, 2010 3:38 pm

Drunk Stunt Drivers

Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:30 pm
Profile WWW

Like that doesn't happen once a week in Dallas

Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:24 pm
Profile WWW

last week i came across an used copy of the self-titled Autonomy disc from 2003 at Cheapo so i figured what the hell and got it.
i don't know that i really agree with the Nickelback vocals as i find Nickelback to be way more whiney and emotional than i found mr. Ether's. the Tool comment also seemed a little out there as the music, while it certainly may have had some influence on the music, i don't know that the comparison is accurate.
maybe newer stuff is (not that it would be a bad thing i suppose), but hey, i'm looking at this from the point of this album.
the 93X comment is fair because it does seem a bit like something one would hear on that station, but i am willing to cut a little slack because it is very likely that Autonomy hadn't found themselves fully on this first effort (or at least i assume that's what this is). i'd be curious to see how you've progressed 6-7 years later now that, by now, the music should have become your own and i would hope would have improved...
i also have to say Rockula's a pretty good drummer as it's the first of anything i've heard from him that i know of.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:29 pm

rather than just believe the crap idiots like me spew on this board, seasonfire does his own research and discovers we are wrong (and also idiots).

that, sir, is a point for SCIENCE.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW

i know you are just screwing with me, but for clarity's sake:
i'm not trying to prove anyone wrong. pretty much everything expressed here is an opinion anyway so half the time there is no wrong answer to begin with.
i was just stating what i thought. Ether was kind of getting hammered about Autonomy so when i saw the cd i figured i'd see what his band sounds like for myself rather than relying on everyone else's word for it.
and you are not an idiot.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:47 pm

nah, but i say dumb stuff a lot!

i meant that post as a compliment - i think its refreshing to see people take the time to form their own opinions on music rather than just take what is handed to them.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW

well, thanks i guess.
someday i'll hear thosquanta play too.
where can someone get those tc electropunk discs anyway? i've been looking, but either i'm just completely obtuse or i'm just not looking in the right place.

and since this is a pet peeve thread and i am failing to proclaim a peeve...
um, how about used cds that have semi-permanent pricing labels, e.g. the ones used by discland.
i understand the need to make labels that are difficult to remove easily to prevent people from swapping labels or something, but to use something with an adhesive that could remove the enamel off your teeth seems a little ridiculous.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:03 pm

you can download them all, free, here:
http://www.avenpitch.com/tcelectropunk.html

to get the physical discs, you have to catch one of the bands live, and supplies may be out now. i don't know if i even have copies of all of them.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Thanks for the compliment
I look upon that CD as the last time I wanted to play rock n roll
I just don't feel satisfied anymore with that direction
Ether and I tried several times to put it back together (usually when he couldn't get Jendeen) and I just didn't have the heart to play the material
My Tool comment seems like an insult mainly because of my extreme opinions about music
Ether never could have written the new "A-TOOL-omy" material with me because I couldn't provide the neccesary drumming skills to make it happen

We're still friends and work on other non-music projects
They play the new stuff live, so you should go see them to check out the newer material

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:26 am
Profile WWW

your welcome and at some point here, i do plan on catching Autonomy live.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:33 pm

seasonfire wrote:
last week i came across an used copy of the self-titled Autonomy disc from 2003 at Cheapo so i figured what the hell and got it.
i don't know that i really agree with the Nickelback vocals as i find Nickelback to be way more whiney and emotional than i found mr. Ether's.

I just want to give you a big hug right now. I hate Nickelback so, so much.

:)

Anyway, thanks for forming your own opinion and posting it here. Often times when blood is in the water on these message boards it turns into a feeding frenzy where everyone piles on to the popular opinion whether they know what they're talking about or not. I always appreciate when people take the time to think for themselves, whether I agree or not.

You are right- Rockula did a great job on that album. With him it was always more about the visual than the recording though, to be honest. He is a bombastic live drummer with an energy that is impossible to contain. He hits really hard and very dliberately and has an unconventional playing style which is interesting to watch. It's less like watching a drummer and more like watching a fight.

~€~

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:42 pm
Profile WWW

seasonfire wrote:
your welcome and at some point here, i do plan on catching Autonomy live.

FYI- you've got 2 more chances... We're playing October 21st at Club Underground and then the final show is November 4th at Big V's in St. Paul. Hope you can make one of 'em! :)

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:57 pm
Profile WWW

i made neither. this is the first i have logged on to here in a while. missed a lot of things it seems...

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:40 am

This thread made me glad that I got thrown out of a band years ago...

Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:58 pm

employers aka jobs aka companies you work for

they pretty much in general all suck :P

next .........

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:39 am

I got a new one... pet peeve, that is.

Lately the Adobe trainders have a new title: they are calling themselves "Adobe Evangelists". It's very annoying.

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:12 pm
Profile WWW

People that can't chew with their mouth shut and or smack their lips. (Its the grossest most horrifying sounds...-Shudders-)

When full grown adults are trying to bud in line. Sir your in line for a hotdog...I don't think that's reason enough to shove the stick any futher up your bum and act like you own the place.

Having someone say that they want the piece of pizza that is right next to the window and cant seem to undertand that the metal tray the pizza is on is burning hot. Which is why I wont grab it with my bare hands.

Mentioning five times to wone person, "Yes Miss, that pizza does indeed have meat on it. Are you sure you would like it?" Only to have them grab it, look at it, finger it, rip it apart, to then say, "You didn't say there was meat on there."

(Sorry had a rather long day and can't wait to have tomorrow off)

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:05 pm

rats.on.riddlin wrote:
Mentioning five times to wone person, "Yes Miss, that pizza does indeed have meat on it. Are you sure you would like it?" Only to have them grab it, look at it, finger it, rip it apart, to then say, "You didn't say there was meat on there."
LOL, I could never ever work retail, because the only way for me to stay sane would be to come up with sickeningly polite yet completely absurd responses for things like that, such as "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were asking if there were any feet on it. Have a nice day and come back soon!"

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:14 pm

YOLO: the internet's official excuse for unbelievably stupid behavior.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:58 pm
Profile WWW

Rockula! wrote:
Still waiting on those tracks to prove you're not as full of shit as the rest of us
Maybe you cna't post them because they're all on tape?
You can read several meanings into that last statement

I've been away for a while... did Devil ever get around to posting those tracks? He was talking a pretty big game so naturally I'm jazzed to hear that stuff. Did he post a music video or recording of any kind?

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:55 pm
Profile WWW

He's going the indie route and releasing them on answering machine micro-cassettes

Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:10 pm
Profile WWW

Hilarious! I much prefer that narrative over the one that makes him look like a cowardly troll who is as incapable of living up to his reputation as an astute music reviewer as he is of backing up the ignorant crap he spits out only in the safety of his little internet message board.

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:01 am
Profile WWW

Hey Devil, it's been a few weeks- found those tracks yet? Still waiting... Check under the mattress. Maybe under the bongos and tennis racket in the closet? It's gotta be around there somewhere. I know moderating this BUSY message board has got to keep you very busy, but surely you can find time to locate your treasured music tracks. I can't wait to hear 'em!

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:09 am
Profile WWW

Dude- I've got cassette decks if that's the problem!

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:22 pm
Profile WWW

Hey Devil- I want music for Christmas! You want me to have a happy holiday, don't you?

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:33 am
Profile WWW

i've got cassettes of my first release if you want to hear something amusingly not good.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Naw, I've got tons of your stuff in my collection already! :)

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:48 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11